Prince Carl Philip, Current Events Part 2: August 2004 - January 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks like Orlando Bloom every second I see a picture of him!

Serena said:
Hmmm, must suck to know you can`t do what you want to do for a living... but on the other hand: A member of the royal family with a normal job?! I don`t know!

Is the royal family of Sweden very wealthy?!

I think it is getting more normal these days. In the dutch royal family for example the two youngest sons of the queen and their wives have normal jobs, as have all the sons and daughter-in-laws of princess Margriet. In belgium Princess Claire continues working. Most of the luxembourg grand ducal family have a job, the duke of gloucester is an architect etc.

So probably prince Carl-Philip will have a normal job after he finishes his school. I do not believe the swedish royals are exceptionally wealthy and most money will probably be stuck in intangible goods and investments (so not that much left to spend), which is th case with most old-money families.
Is Emma (or Daniel/Jonas) from a rich family btw? From what kind of family/background ar they anyway?

Swedish Prince Carl Philip of Sweden, who for the day is the 18th man aboard of Swedish challenger yacht Victory Challenge, SWE-73, sails during the seventh match race against Spanish challenger yacht Desafio Espanol 2007.Newscom...Same as the other post!

epaphotos408393.jpg

Last edited:
Very classic and very elegant for the both of them!

wonder what he did in copenhagen and where he styed
maybe he poped in for a visit with the danish royal family

Vicomtesse said:
Even though it's two different monarchies, the future of the Swedish monarchy will probably be most like something the Spanish monarchy has now.
The King and Queen and Felipe and Letizia carry out the majority of the royal duties.
The Infantas and their husbands all have jobs of their own but assist with an occasional event on their own or with the rest of the family.
In Sweden the King and Queen, Victoria and her husband will carry out the majority of the royal duties.
Carl Philip and Madeleine and their spouses will get to have their own jobs in whatever field they choose but will perform some royal duties with their spouses or on their own and sometimes with the rest of the family like on the Swedish National Day.
That seems like the most logical course of action in the coming years.

Yes this sounds logical - excellent answer. Especially now that monarchies are getting so big!!!! It'll be good 2c PM & PC get good jobs etc. But i dunno, it'll b hard 4them 2work in any ordinary office because of who they are tho. The future and what to do with them i guess is still open.

I know in England there is a big and ongoing debate about the monarchy and it's future. In terms of the royals of the brother and sisters of the monarch. No1 quite knows - for instance what to do with PH.

I think in their own countries it's hard for a royal to have a 'normal' life, unless they move abroad.

But we'll c about PC's future. I've read in these forums that he likes drawing etc so mayb he could do something like that. Or take up motor racing professionally.

I hope this photo hasn't been posted b4 - here goes. From isifa

Attachments

• pcarl-ifa.jpg
    pcarl-ifa.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 336
Announcement from the TRF Team:

In an effort to conserve bandwidth, the TRF Team is making some changes to how News and Picture threads are being organized, which you may have noticed is already being made in some forums.

From this point forward, please be aware that the only images that will be allowed to be attached directly to the forum will be those of current activities of the royals, which can be posted in the Current Events threads.

Instead of posting a dozen or more pictures, please try to select a few pictures that best describe the event/occasion. Aim to conserve. Think quality not quantity.

If you wish to post pictures of events that happened a few years ago or older images of various royals, please do so in the Picture threads via a private image hosting account such as Photobucket or Imageshack.

Please note that older images which are attached directly to the forum are subject to removal by an Administrator or SuperModerator without notice to the member.

Thank you for your co-operation on this matter so that we can all continue to enjoy images of our favourite royals.

The TRF Team

Nice to see Carl Philip starting to take on more responsibilitys

Here is a stroy from db that they have taken from Expressen.

Sept the 10 Carl Philip and his friend Jesper Eriksson arranged a party at Tullgarns castle in Sörmland. 150 people was present including his sisters with boyfriends. Expressen reports alot of alcohol was consumed and in the middle of the night Carl Philip and his friends decide to slide on serving trays down the stairs:eek: . Carl Philip and his tray crashed and he hurt his arm. After the accident CP and Emma went to bed. The day after when he was giving a brunch his arm hurt so much that he had to see a doctor. His arm hurt for some days, but he took part in a hunt in Uppland the next week says a source. The Press woman, Ann-Crisitn Jernberg confirms to the paper there was a party but she has not heared anything about sliding down the stairs on serving trays or that the Princes got hurt:D

http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/2005/09/25/444424.html

Larzen said:
Nice to see Carl Philip starting to take on more responsibilitys

Here is a stroy from db that they have taken from Expressen.

Sept the 10 Carl Philip and his friend Jesper Eriksson arranged a party at Tullgarns castle in Sörmland. 150 people was present including his sisters with boyfriends. Expressen reports alot of alcohol was consumed and in the middle of the night Carl Philip and his friends decide to slide on serving trays down the stairs:eek: . Carl Philip and his tray crashed and he hurt his arm. After the accident CP and Emma went to bed. The day after when he was giving a brunch his arm hurt so much that he had to see a doctor. His arm hurt for some days, but he took part in a hunt in Uppland the next week says a source. The Press woman, Ann-Crisitn Jernberg confirms to the paper there was a party but she has not heared anything about sliding down the stairs on serving trays or that the Princes got hurt:D

http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/2005/09/25/444424.html

Nice story (well, probably not for Carl Philip), Larzen.
Boys-always full of mischief. :p I wonder, if Emma was also drunk, so that she couldn´t act as nanny of her rascal...ehm...boyfriend ;)

Carl Philip has gotten a new car, a Porsche 911 Carrera S (prize 895000 SEK)
He already owns a Volvo XC-70.
NYHETER-08s16-porsche-524_368.jpg

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,710459,00.html

When I list the last things, I´ve heard about Carl Philip...
-He refused to talk-just like the other participants-to journalists before the Gocart-race
-He got braces
-He got hurt, when sliding drunk on serving trays
-He was spotted in the new opened night club for brats "The White room"
-He bought himself a new Porsche...
...then I wonder, if Carl Philip is finally in puberty and noticing, that he has an identity apart from the ones of his sisters?
Let´s hope this doesn´t end in a meaningless life as brat

(I couldn´t decide where to post this. It isnt that recent, but I have never seen it posted on TRF before so in a way it is news. But if the mod. wants to move it, please do so)

On April 9 2005 prince Carl Philip visited his old school Lundsberg. He met his old teachers and house masters and presented teacher Jonas Grönberg with a scholarship. Its a scholarship that was founded by the King when Carl Philip graduated from Lundsberg and its presented once every year to teachers who is "something extraordinary" and inspires the students

photos from www.lundsbergsskola.se

Attachments

• lundsberg5.jpg
    lundsberg5.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 562
  • lundsberg4.jpg
    lundsberg4.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 492
  • lundsberg3.jpg
    lundsberg3.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 562
  • lundsberg2.jpg
    lundsberg2.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 611
  • lundsberg1.jpg
    lundsberg1.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 611
Last edited:
Lena said:
Carl Philip has gotten a new car, a Porsche 911 Carrera S (prize 895000 SEK)
He already owns a Volvo XC-70.
NYHETER-08s16-porsche-524_368.jpg

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,710459,00.html

When I list the last things, I´ve heard about Carl Philip...
-He refused to talk-just like the other participants-to journalists before the Gocart-race
-He got braces
-He got hurt, when sliding drunk on serving trays
-He was spotted in the new opened night club for brats "The White room"
-He bought himself a new Porsche...
...then I wonder, if Carl Philip is finally in puberty and noticing, that he has an identity apart from the ones of his sisters?
Let´s hope this doesn´t end in a meaningless life as brat
Maybe he will face a lil discussion with Emma soon....

Hi!! I`ve got a question.is prince Carl-Philip still going out with Emma Pernald??? kisses..and i wait for your answer :)

pauli_170291 said:
Hi!! I`ve got a question.is prince Carl-Philip still going out with Emma Pernald??? kisses..and i wait for your answer :)
Yes he is! They have been seen together several times in the last couple of months....

Any new pictures of Carl-Philip? I miss my daily Carl-Philip dosis and might start a nervous habit because of this shortage... ;)

Marengo said:
Any new pictures of Carl-Philip? I miss my daily Carl-Philip dosis and might start a nervous habit because of this shortage... ;)

I could'nt agree more Marengo :(

"MII"

Daily? I think we are/were (unfortunately) far away from a daily dose. :( Let´s hope things go better, when he has finished school.
BTW looking at the last pics...it looks as if Carl Philip´s hair grows exponentially ;) I wonder, where this will go. Soon he can wear a ponytail... ;)

Lena said:
Daily? I think we are/were (unfortunately) far away from a daily dose. :( Let´s hope things go better, when he has finished school.
BTW looking at the last pics...it looks as if Carl Philip´s hair grows exponentially ;) I wonder, where this will go. Soon he can wear a ponytail... ;)

The 'daily' part was wishfull thinking on my behalf ;) But seriously, does anybody know when he will appear in public again? I like his hair long btw, it should only be less greasy sometimes.

Re:

I like his hair long btw, it should only be less greasy sometimes
My hair is like Andrea Casiraghi's and it's really hard to keep it clean. I wash mine twice a day - when I get up and when I get in. If it's very hot then it needs another wash cos the constant brushing it out of your face makes it look greasy. It looks fine but if I miss a wash then it looks awful and I have to wear a hat - so I can sympathise with Carl Philip! (not a Beatrix style)

A story about Carl Philips weekend...

He went to two clubs in Stockholm. The first club was more of a "hippie" club in the sothern parts of Stockholm where Carl Philip didnt felt right in place so he soon left to join his mates at the hip clubs at Stureplan where people in backslicks and restylane lips made him feel right at home :)

Det snackas om lillprinsens...
...irrfärder i Stockholmsnatten

Lillprinsen Carl Philip, även kallade Lippy, var på hejdundrande äventyr i Stockholmsnatten förra helgen. Först blev det ett trevligt besök på nypopulära trendkrogen Halv Trappa plus gård, som nu helt och hållet satsar på bar- och nattklubbsnischen. I minglet tog prinsen ett par stadiga drinkar omgiven av Söderkreddiga musikproducenter och en och annan medianisse med hybris från Bon. För ett ögonblick verkade prinsen nästan lite rofylld och glad över att ha hamnat i den annorlunda miljön, så långt borta från plymer och paljetter på Drottningholm. Så långt borta från klass, etikett och allt som är rätt.
Men sen gick det med en rasande raketfart …

… innan han hittade hem igen …
Bara stunden senare fick hans kungliga höghet en sån ­abstinens efter brats och deras fikonbrudar att hans blåblodiga apostlahästar i galopp begav sig till Sturecompagniet. Där väntade ett långbord fyllt till brädden av backslicks, restylanefyllda läppar och champagneblöta blusar. I sin rufsiga men söta frisyr insåg Lippy att allt äntligen var som vanligt. Han pustade ut och såg belåten ut. Nästan lite mätt …

www.aftonbladet.se

Last edited:
It seems like, that CP very often goes to parties.
Is he a partyprince?
I hope not so!

Yesterday, Sunday 27 November, Prince Carl Philip awarded his own prize - the Prince Carl Philip Prize - for 2005 during The Stockholm International Horse Show in the Globe Arena. The winner was Malin Ahlqvist on the horse Sligo Classic.

Picture one is by Roland Thunholm from the magazine Ridsport online, picture two is from The Swedish Equestrian Federation.

Attachments

• PCP2 (Roland Thunholm, Ridsport).jpg
    PCP2 (Roland Thunholm, Ridsport).jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 490
  • PCP1 (SRF).jpg
    PCP1 (SRF).jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 415
Carl Philip has a lot more official duties than I thought he did. I should check the Calendar more often :D. He's very handsome and I do think he's an understated party prince. I think he gets away with it though because he's not a Crownprince. A little bit more freedom....

Ive actually read that he is very shy and hates the limelight. He is very happy that he will not be King anymore and that his sisters get all the attention. I would have never guessed that. If I looked like him I would be the biggest party boy and not be shy about anything.

GrandDuchess said:
Yesterday, Sunday 27 November, Prince Carl Philip awarded his own prize - the Prince Carl Philip Prize - for 2005 during The Stockholm International Horse Show in the Globe Arena. The winner was Malin Ahlqvist on the horse Sligo Classic.

Picture one is by Roland Thunholm from the magazine Ridsport online, picture two is from The Swedish Equestrian Federation.
Is that like the award Madeleine gives out?

GrandDuchess said:
Images from brunopress

Attachments

• ste_prince_carl__384610.jpg
    ste_prince_carl__384610.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 324
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 388
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 278
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:
robby86 said:
Is that like the award Madeleine gives out?
No, Prince Carl Philip has a whole cup for ponies in his name - Princess Madeleine has a scholarship in her name which is awarded once per year.

The Prince Carl Philip Prize is the world's biggest cup for ponies with a large number of qualifying competitions around the country during the whole year, and four semi finals during the fall, before eight finalists compete against each other in the finals held during the Stockholm International Horse Show in the Globe Arena at the end of each year (usually November).

Prince Carl Philip joined "Ipod-mania" and even got active. He designed something called "iHome", in it you can store all your ipod stuff at home.
His piece is at the moment exhibitied at Humac Apple Center in the Västermalms Gallery in Stockholm. It can happen that Apple takes his idea over and produces it.

49ca8ed0.jpg

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=480659

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom