Prince Albert & Princess Charlene Current Events 5: January 2018 - December 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She performs NO duties in the principality at all??? That's news to me. And I didn't think Albert was royal either.

Back to the current events:

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene visited the Rosine Sanmori Day Nursery and the Princesse Charlene Children's Home and handed out gifts and treats offered by the Monegasques Red Cross:

** Pic **

Sorry, but I think you in some ways misunderstand the roles and purpose of the people you have mentioned here. Supporting causes locally and abroad, meeting and entertaining foreign heads of state and other leaders is what their jobs entail. It should not involve fashion first and foremost nor looks that attract divisive attention and take away from the occasion. I think Charlene's new look is unattractive, inappropriate and it frankly disturbs me. I don't think it's a style a well balanced, mentally healthy mother of two children in her forties who is married to a reigning prince would normally choose to wear.

Ähm. Nope. I get it all quite right, thanks.

I think that Monaco is a posh and expensive place and that Charlene's new haircut is wrong for her position. This hair cut looks anti-establishment and she is part of the establishment.

I think that Monaco is a posh and expensive place and that Charlene's new haircut is wrong for her position. This hair cut looks anti-establishment and she is part of the establishment.

What a strange analysis from a haircut. Many royals have had short hair. Queen Paola of Belgium being another recent example. :ermm:

:previous: Nobody is complaining about it being 'short'; it is about it being partly shaven and 'punk'. I don't recall queen Paola ever having a hair-cut that drastic and 'statement-making'.

Although not a woman I applaud her courage to remain true to herself.

I always smile when I see a "royal" woman do something a bit avant-garde, especially the married-ins because they are under enormous pressure to conform to the boring norm and contain any quirky traits, and when they cut loose and let some of their own personality through like this I applaud them. :D

Sorry, but I think you in some ways misunderstand the roles and purpose of the people you have mentioned here. Supporting causes locally and abroad, meeting and entertaining foreign heads of state and other leaders is what their jobs entail. It should not involve fashion first and foremost nor looks that attract divisive attention and take away from the occasion. I think Charlene's new look is unattractive, inappropriate and it frankly disturbs me. I don't think it's a style a well balanced, mentally healthy mother of two children in her forties who is married to a reigning prince would normally choose to wear.

I disagree respectfully. Fashion first moments with heads of states and their spouses have been splattered across news venues for decades. Tiara's, designer dresses, make-up, hair, couture shoes etc. have all been at the forefront of important political and/or fundraising deals and events for decades. Fashion has not taken away from these occasions, if anything they have added to them. Charlene is avant-garde and has been known to press fashion boundaries at various events. There is nothing wrong with that she is in Monaco after all! Just because she changed her hairstyle does not make her incapable of fulfilling her stately or motherly duties. I think what would make it hard for her are societal judgements and perceptions that her hairstyle make her incapable which of course they do not.

For a place like Monaco, being avant-garde is not the issue. I just wish the haircut could have both been avant-garde AND flattering. There is a very thin line between Mad Max cool and shaved-Britney-with-an-umbrella-hitting-paparazzi vibe.

I think you never came in Monaco, you would see a lot of rich avant garde people in the high sociéty of Monaco, also people of Monaco are not shocked by the new look of the princess,
A new look of a princess has nothing to see wjth what she is doing for the people of her country, monegash people don't forget she has done during all this special year, distribution of masks when they were missing or the money aise for the medical search during the virtual 24hours Mans

I don(t like her new look but P Charlene is free to choose and her new hairstyle don(t make her incapable

And she is going on to be present at events as the christening of the new maritime boat and at the christmas of the palace

What a beautiful tree in the background for the New Years Message.

I'm glad that horrible shaved side of her head isn't visible by the way she is standing. If I didn't know how her hair looked on the other side I would have said she looked lovely here.

I agree she looks lovely, relaxed and happy.

Dayli Mail is a tabloid, only the photos are true not the articles

Since their wedding , we are used to read such articles of the tabloids, and and Albert and Charlène will celebrat their 10 years wedding anniversary

This tabloid has not published the photo of the couple during the greetings message for 2021 which denies all these such allegations

Last edited by a moderator:
I am amazed the the writer of this article can infer from the photos where the Princess is wearing a mask that her eyes look tired and sad...!

Its typical of the daily mail but also the shaved Charlene has attracted herself more negativity.

It's a pretty typical article for them yeah. Take another love child claim, a very unusual (for a Princess) shaved head hairstyle and a couple of photos of Charlene. Add in a few stereotypes about Monaco and the fact that most people only know about her from the wild rumours right before her wedding and the article basically writes itself without any need for effort or actual journalism.

I don't know why people are surprised about such articles. It sells papers and it make's some people feel good, if they can hurt someone. The coin looks different if someone makes up stories about them, then of course it is unfair, since they see themselves as sweethearts of the nation and unfairly targeted.

Unfortunately Charlene attracts a lot of the negativity herself ,the Viking cast extra look I guess has not helped her at all.

Unfortunately Charlene attracts a lot of the negativity herself ,the Viking cast extra look I guess has not helped her at all.

Yes, the new look did nothing to change people's perception of it.

This year, the princess Charlene made come masks for the monegash people who had no masks during the first part of the corona illness, it was her foundation who gave the first the masks in Monaco, her brother gave the masks but as he said it, it was her idea, it was not easy because they had to find the fabric which made the masks, they found it in Italy and they made them come from Italy to Monaco during the lockdown, the monegash people thanked the princess for this gesture

Charlene has the idea to raise money during the virtual 24 Mans race, it was for the medical search to find a vaccin against the Covid 19 she also organized the strongtogether for the people of South africa

She also did the 'crossing Calvi Monaco and raised money for her foundation and also for the prince Albert II foundation

She travelled to Kazakstan and offered a bus to a junior rugby team and visited a center of deaf children

She was present during all the medals giving near the prince Albert during the national fest

And she was near the prince Albert for the message for the new year 2021, say me who is the princess or queen who is near their husband for the christmas message or new yer message? no princess , no queen only Princess Charlene , she was doing her role of princess

Charlene did a lot of good things during the corona illness along all the year, Albert is governing very well the principauty, the country has less dead people, less people in reanimation , the shops and restaurants are open during all the day, in Frnce all is closed , and serious medias are saying that Albert is a good head of state and he knows how to reign and governe, they don't speak about Albert as Daily mail does it

Monaco like and appreciate Albert and Charlene , they thanked them for what they are doing for Monaco, the couple did not take holidays during the christmas holidays, they stayed at Monaco, Albert visited the center of testing and of vaccinations, he visited the members of the police on the board of Monaco France

King Willehm Alexander and Grand Duke Henry were criticed by their people because they took holidays during the Corona illness , Albert stayed at Monaco and took care of his country

We don't know why Charlene shaved a part of her hair
It may be alopecia aerata as Caroline had it perhaps in 1997, there was never an annoucement of the palace why she shaved all her head

Karl Lagerfeld made several photos of Caroline with the shaved head , a lot of persons said that Caroline wanted to have the shaved head like actresses , it was the fashion during this year

We will never know why she sahved her head as we will never know why Charlene shaved a part of her hair , we cannot condamned her without knowing the true at the message for the new year, Charlene hidded the shaved side

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't know why Charlene shaved a part of her hair
It may be alopecia aerata as Caroline had it perhaps in 1997, there was never an annoucement of the palace why she shaved all her head

We will never know why she shaved her head as we will never know why Charlene shaved a part of her hair , we cannot condamned her without knowing the true at the message for the new year, Charlene hidded the shaved side
Actually she might have done because she just wanted to shave her head. Period. We might have an opinion whether we like it or not [not that she should care either way as her own hair] but we certainly don't need to know or expect to know why. Heck there are a few other Royals that have hair which a shave or shorter style might definitely improve....or at least a proper wash or style. JMO

Just to be correct: the photo’s of the bald Caroline were taken by François-Marie Banier not Lagerfeld.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom