Norway's National Day, May 17: 2003 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
finally, a gallerie:

from aftenposten

skaugum parade: Bilder: 17. mai på Skaugum

they looked adorable. haakon looks great in that bunad, ingrid and sverre have grown up so much! so long since we last saw them. sverre is looking adorable in the clapping photo, by the way.

The entire family looks great. Ingrid and Sverre have grown up a lot! This is the first time I've seen him walking.

Sverre looks adorable, looks like a little man in an outfit. Ingrid-Alexandra looks all grown up, sew a picture of her waving with her mother which was cute & holding a boquet of flowers.Adorable children.

Happpy and joyful celebrations to all Norwegians out there! Have a nice May 17th!

:norwayflag:

Isn't Magnus just adorable? Finally he's walking around! He looks so much like his dad when he was in his age!
Adorable boy! This bunad makes him look like a young, strong man. Cute guy.

Ingrid looks a bit bored, but so charming anyway! She's already a true expert in attending in front of Skaugum. Little Queen.

The parents are charming as usual. Great to see Haakon with a Bunad!

Pictures from PPE: PPE Agency

---
I heard Sonja wears a red dress and hat today. Let's see... :rolleyes:

Oslo Palace Balcony

The members of the Royal House attending at the Balcony of Oslo Palace.​

Pictures from Oslo:
PPE Agency

Last edited:
Wow! Ingrid Alexandra & Sverre have grown up so much since last time we've seen them! :queen4: Such cutie pies! :norwayflag:

All the kids are just beautiful, I love National day. Loved seeing Sverre, he has grown so much since Christmas and IA doesn't look like a baby anymore, she is looking more like a little girl. They grow up way too fast. I loved seeing the entire Princely family at their home in the morning. Why is Sverre not on the balcony? Is it because he is not a member of the "royal" family. I don't mean this as criticism, I understand the difference between family and state paid "royal" family, I was just wondering if that was the reason or if he was just to little yet. Thanks everyone for posting all the great links to the pictures.

Rebafan81 said:
All the kids are just beautiful, I love National day. Loved seeing Sverre, he has grown so much since Christmas and IA doesn't look like a baby anymore, she is looking more like a little girl. They grow up way too fast. I loved seeing the entire Princely family at their home in the morning. Why is Sverre not on the balcony? Is it because he is not a member of the "royal" family. I don't mean this as criticism, I understand the difference between family and state paid "royal" family, I was just wondering if that was the reason or if he was just to little yet. Thanks everyone for posting all the great links to the pictures.
According to this article by VG - the King has decided that the only ones to represent the royal house at official events, is The King, the Queen, The Crown Prince and Crown Princess, and the Herditary princess. (In other words - the five members of the royal house).

Really, Mette-Marit should wear something colourful. In that whitish suit and in that bright sunlight she looks as if she were very sick.

Smilla said:
Really, Mette-Marit should wear something colourful. In that whitish suit and in that bright sunlight she looks as if she were very sick.

Yes thats true, she kind off blends in with the wall of the palace imo. what do you think of the hat? I liked it

Sverre is too cute! I love his little outfit.:angel:

I liked MM's hat. Maybe she could've used a pair of sunglasses so she could've smiled more. JMO.

norwegianne said:
According to this article by VG - the King has decided that the only ones to represent the royal house at official events, is The King, the Queen, The Crown Prince and Crown Princess, and the Herditary princess. (In other words - the five members of the royal house).
Thanks for the answer, that is what I thought. I really think it is sad, especally to see other members of the family, Martha and Harold's sister, looking out a window. Maybe when Haakon become King he can change things to "allow" all members of the family on the balcony. I just think it is too old fashion. I like the way the royal family of the Netherlands include everyone, even the ones who were "dis-inherited" instead of just the people in direct line to the throne. IMO I actually worry more for Sverre then I do Marius regarding this because Marius knows he isn't a blood relation to the King but Sverre is, especally if the Princely family don't have anymore children. If there are more children, then he won't feel so left out as he gets older. Again, IMO Being the youngest of four children I think I am more sensative to the feeling of being left out of things.

The hat is wonderful. However it would have been nice to see Martha Louise more with her daughters. IMO Ingrid may need a haircut, nevertheless she looks cute.

Sonja looked stunning today. Red suits her so much! (even if I was hoping for a new hat ...)
I love the pictures of Grandma Sonja talking with Ingrid Alexandra.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l11/trf_pom/Norway_May_2007/6144850_POLFOTO.jpg
Polfoto

Mette-Marit looked beautiful today. I first wasn't sure about the hat, but I start to like it. :flowers:

Haakon looked so charming during the whole day... I'm glad her decided to wear the National Costume as well!

Last edited:
Happy National day to all of Norway.

I love to see this family. I can't get over how much little Ingrid and Sverre have changed. I thought everyone looked great. I love that they honor the tradition of the National costumes.

Rebafan81 said:
Thanks for the answer, that is what I thought. I really think it is sad, especally to see other members of the family, Martha and Harold's sister, looking out a window. Maybe when Haakon become King he can change things to "allow" all members of the family on the balcony. I just think it is too old fashion. I like the way the royal family of the Netherlands include everyone, even the ones who were "dis-inherited" instead of just the people in direct line to the throne. IMO I actually worry more for Sverre then I do Marius regarding this because Marius knows he isn't a blood relation to the King but Sverre is, especally if the Princely family don't have anymore children. If there are more children, then he won't feel so left out as he gets older. Again, IMO Being the youngest of four children I think I am more sensative to the feeling of being left out of things.
I dont think it is a bid deal for the kids, Ingrid looked already pretty bored out there as soon as she entered, they stay there for around 3 hours, small children dont have this kind of patience, Ingrid stayed there for around 30 minutes before she went inside. When you are a child national day is the day to eat sausages and icecream and run around a play all sorts of games, walking in the parade with your class and such things. So Im sure when Sverre and Ingrid start school they will do as Marius does now, stand on the stairs of skaugum for some minutes and then join their clas and have fun with them, and Sverre will have probably have a much better time than Ingrid who will have to be on the balconny ever national day for the rest of her life, if someone might feel left out it might be her. And when Sverre grows up Im sure he will understand this artifical Royal house/royal family thing.

Haakon, Mette-Marit and Sverre was wearing costumes from Asker, Marius from Vest Agder and Ingrid from Hardanger, the ones from Asker was a gift from the municipality and the local arts and craft organisation

Last edited:
I think it's so cute how all of the children have their own outfits. Even little Sverre! And Ingrid is really growing up, and is looking like a little girl.

HAPPY NATIONAL DAY to all who are norwegian!:flowers:
Kids have grown so much!:wub:
MM and Haakon look wonderful! Though i didn't like her outfit on balcony.:ermm:

What a gorgeous family. Marius is extremely handsome. I love the national costumes, they look wonderful

MM looked a little chubby with the custome but I really liked her outfit at the balcony. I don't think she's specially beautiful but she has a good taste on clothes. The children were adorable, specially Sverre who seemed to have had more fun than Ingrid. Marius is a handsome boy, MM will have problems in the future. A lot of so-called future daughters-in-law to deal with... ;)

A Video from skaugum
-> torsdag 17 Mai -> Kronprinsfamilien hilser folket :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom