Norway's National Day, May 17: 2003 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it me but since she has had the last baby she seem's more subdue??? or is that because I havent seen her for a while . (hope this make sense?)

Thanks for the pictures everybody!

Marius, Ingrid Alexandra, and Sverre all looked so adorable! Why didn't Marius and Sverre join the family on the balcony?

Marius is going to be a serious heartbreaker one day....:D

soCal girl said:

Marius, Ingrid Alexandra, and Sverre all looked so adorable! Why didn't Marius and Sverre join the family on the balcony?

I think because they´re both no "Royal Highnesses"...
My personal feeling is, that Sverre wasn´t granted the title to shorten the "hirarchical distance" between Marius and the royal children...?!

wartenberg7 said:
soCal girl said:

My personal feeling is, that Sverre wasn´t granted the title to shorten the "hirarchical distance" between Marius and the royal children...?!

Good point , total agree with you on that.

wartenberg7 said:
soCal girl said:

Prince Sverre Magnus were probably inside the palace. And in my opinion, he will appear on the balcony by and by, and that he might have a choice whether he wants to or not, when he is older.

As for Marius, he won't appear on the balcony on the national day, since he isn't a member of the "official" royal family - those who represent Norway - and thus have on duties in that regard. And that is what the 17th of May is to the royal family, a duty. I think he rather would hang out with his class mates at his school, eating ice cream and hot dogs and playing games. Which is what most school kids do on 17th of May, after the parade. And I guess he would spend the day with his father.

And how boring isn't it when you are a kid, to stand on that balcony 3 hours just looking at an endless row of kids and marching bands, waveing at them!

wartenberg7 said:
soCal girl said:

I agree, great point. Which goes to prove that the CPPS wants to make sure Marius feels just like the rest of the children in the family, other then IA. They are a great example of how to blend a family and make everyone feel like a valued member. I thought it was great that Marius was with the family in front of their home.

This day is a very festive day for all norweigans and perhaps Marius did things with his school classmates or family. He did leave the family to join his class mates during there parading in front of the royal family.Sverre probably needed a nap - no need to tire out an infant with parades.

I think it is great to see Marius being included. He is a caring big brother and does not appear left out:) I think IA needs to smile more she never looks very happy lol

wartenberg7 said:
soCal girl said:

Marius is no part of Royals and he watch his mother Princess M-M on the balcony by the windows

Princess Ingrid is Heir but he will become Queen after M-M but Sverre is not grant title from his grandfather the King of Norway dues respect but he will known as Prince Sverre of Norway but im not sure he will receive titles yet.

National Day, May 17 2007

May 17th- The Norwegian Royal Family will celebrate Norways's National Day. :flowers:

Usually the Crown Princely Family first attends in front of Skaugum, later all members of the Royal House appear on the balcony of Oslo Castel.

The Royal family greets the parade from the Palace Balcony

Then, at four o'clock HM the King and HM the Queen visits St. Hanshaugen in Oslo.

There is nothing in the official programme (at the webpage) about Haakon and Mette-Marit greeting the children's parade at Skaugum - but as they've done so yearly, I expect it will happen this year as well.

It is listed in the national day program for Asker, it should arrive there between 8 and 8.30, also both TV2 and NRK said they would send live from Skaugum tomorrow as well as the parade in town. Dont know why it is not on the royal website though:ermm: Maybe it is considered "private" as it is popping out on the stairs of their home? I hope Sverre Magnus wears a bunad tomorrow;)

17. maiprogrammet i Asker - Asker Internett

National day is always a good time to see the royals with their children. I hope all children will be dressed in their national wear.

I hope Sverre has his own little costume this year.:wub: I don't think I have ever seen him walking before maybe tomorrow will be the day!
Does anybody know what time they will be appearing on the steps of Skaugum?

Last edited:
crm2317 said:
I hope Sverre has his own little costume this year.:wub: I don't think I have ever seen him walking before maybe tomorrow will be the day!
Does anybody know what time they will be appearing on the steps of Skaugum?

I was thinking the exact same thing, about him walking. It would be nice!

And also what time will they be coming out?

Everyone in the crown princely family is wearing bunads - even Sverre.

Just saw the images from skaugum as well, very nice, Haakon looks:wub: in his bunadds. Ingrid wears the one she wore last year from Hardanger, and MEtte-Marit will get lots of local points as Im pretty sure she is wearing the local Bunad from Asker. Sverre was walking a little but fell down, and Ingrid sat on the stairs holding her mother bouqette. looking a little overwhelemed with it all.

ohh how cute of Ingrid holding her mothers bouqette, she shouldve gotten her own little bouqette imo. cant wait to see all the great pictures soon

To all Norwegian posters,and lurkers,have a wonderfull day!
:flowers:

Can anyone post the live link or pictures?

What a joy to see the children, how beautiful a family they are

Back
Top Bottom