New title for Princess Anne?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With the speculation in the Daily Mail that Zara and Mike Tindall should become full time royals to help now that King Charles is ill the question is what titles would they go by?

Would Mike be granted an Earldom?

I can't see it happening!

Why would Mike be granted an earldom and not Zara?

I can't see it happening!

Why would Mike be granted an earldom and not Zara?

Zara is the daughter of The Princess Royal. Mike is the son-in-law of Princess Anne. If a title had been given, would it not be given to the daughter?

If anything Zara could be awarded a damehood for her Sporting achievements,Mike could be knighted too.

I can't see any peerage being awarded.

Why is there still speculation on this? No one is getting peerage titles in the U.K these days.

Z&P are not royal.

As Princess Margaret is supposed to have said about her children : "they are not royal they just happen to have The Queen as their aunt".

Zara is the daughter of The Princess Royal. Mike is the son-in-law of Princess Anne. If a title had been given, would it not be given to the daughter?

The only argument for giving any earldom to Mike instead of Zara is that it would allow both of them to use a title. He would be the earl, she would be the countess by marriage.

If an earldom was given to Zara, she would be the countess in her own right, but Mike would remain plain Mister Mike Tindall.

But as others have said, nobody is creating earldoms for anyone now, male or female, so it's a purely theoretical issue.

I can’t imagine either of Zara or Mike would be interested in any titles… Especially not those that comes with an ”H.R.H”-prefix

It would mean they would have to give up the freedom that comes with a non-titled life… A freedom they both love and cherish a lot…
And it would affect their children as well who were never born to be royals…That’s why Anne and Mark never wanted any hereditary titles as well, to not put that burden on Peter and Zara…

I’m sure they would gladly accept a Knighthood/Damehood for their sporting-achievments but that’s all…

Last edited:
And that's not going to happen. If it did, they'd have to knight the entire England World Cup-winning rugby union team and give a knighthood or damehood to everyone who's ever won an Olympic silver medal!

Back
Top Bottom