Princess Anne: Save the Children Fund, Charities and Patronages 2: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yesterday, March 1, Princess Anne as Patron of the Royal Northern Agricultural Society attended the Royal Northern Spring Show, Thainstone Agricultural Centre, Inverurie:

** townandcountry article: Princess Anne Went Tractor Shopping **

Today, March 2, as President of the National Equine Forum she attended the 31st National Equine Forum at the Institution of Mechanical Engineers in London:

** Pic **

As Patron of Maritime UK Princess Anne attended the Maritime UK Awards Dinner at DoubleTree by Hilton Hull in Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire this evening, March 9:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited:
Princess Anne as Patron of the Scottish Rugby Union attended the Scotland versus Italy International Rugby Match at Murrayfield Stadium in Edinburgh today, March 18:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

As Patron of Save the Children UK Princess Anne attended the International Financing Review Awards on March 27:

** dm article **

As Patron of the Butler Trust she attended the Butler Trust’s 36th Award Ceremony also on March 27:

** butlertrust: 36th Award Ceremony **

Last edited:
Princess Anne as Patron of The Injured Jockeys Fund opened the South West Hub at Taunton Rugby Club, Veritas Park and subsequently attended a reception at Taunton Racecourse, Taunton, Somerset today, March 30:

** rex gallery **

Princess Anne as Vice Patron of The British Horse Society visited Summerfield Stables in Birmingham today, March 31:

** Pic **

On April 3, the Princess Royal was on campus to visit St. Donats Bay of the National Coastwatch Institute (NCI), and was at UWC Atlantic College.

As a royal patron of the NCI, her Princess Anne met watchmen on duty and NCI cadets made up of UWC Atlantic students and the Lord Lieutenant of the Vale of Glamorgan, Mrs. Morfudd Meredith, Naheed Bardai, UWC Atlantic Principal and Jill Longson, President of UWC Atlantic.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqnqH-puExY/

On April 19 Princess Anne as Patron of the Spinal Injuries Association attended a reception for the charity (Pic 1) and as President of the Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce, she attended, accompanied by husband Tim, the President’s Lecture and Dinner (Pic 2 + video):

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Princess Anne as Patron of the Scottish Rugby Union and husband Tim attended the Scotland Women versus Italy Women International Rugby Match at Edinburgh Rugby Stadium today, April 22:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Princess Anne as Fellow of the Council for Awards of Royal Agricultural Societies attended the National AGM and Council Meeting today, April 26:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

As Patron of the Whitley Fund for Nature she attended the Whitley Awards Ceremony at the Royal Geographical Society:

** Pic **

Last edited:
Princess Anne as Admiral of the Sea Cadet Corps attended the official opening of the MSSC National Support Centre in London today, April 27:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Princess Anne as Patron of the SS Great Britain Trust visited the SS Great Britain in Bristol today, May 3:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I always enjoy seeing Princess Anne. She has served her Country well.

Yesterday, May 17, Princess Anne as Patron of the National Coastwatch Institution visited Gosport Station:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

And as Commandant-in-Chief of the First Aid Nursing Yeomanry (Princess Royal's Volunteer Corps) she attended the Recruits' Pass Out Parade at Wellington Barracks:

** dm article **

Last edited:
It looks like it; and if so, she would be the first princess (female) to be appointed.

Both her former and current husbands have been Personal Aide-de-camps for decades:
Mark Phillips (1 February 1974–present)
Sir Timothy Laurence (1 August 2004–present)

I wonder whether Sir Tim will be appointed as Personal Aide-de-camp to Charles as well. I doubt Mark would be, even if Anne and Mark still get on cordially.

I wonder whether Sir Tim will be appointed as Personal Aide-de-camp to Charles as well. I doubt Mark would be, even if Anne and Mark still get on cordially.

As I said in my previous post both of them ARE personal aide-de-camps and have been so for decades (5 in Mark's case and 2 in Tim's case): see the dates I posted behind their names. So it would be very hard, or more precisely: impossible, to be appointed to something you have been for a very long time.

The position of personal aide-de-camp is linked to the Sovereign not to whoever occupies that position. Charles' ascension as king only impacted one personal aide-de-camp: Charles himself. He cannot be an ADC(P) to himself.

See wikipedia for more information.

Last edited:
So what is the exact purpose of an ADC to someone who is not on military service and why would a long-divorced ex-husband still be one?

As I said in my previous post both of them ARE personal aide-de-camps and have been so for decades (5 in Mark's case and 2 in Tim's case): see the dates I posted behind their names. So it would be very hard, or more precisely: impossible, to be appointed to something you have been for a very long time.

The position of personal aide-de-camp is linked to the Sovereign not to whoever occupies that position. Charles' ascension as king only impacted one personal aide-de-camp: Charles himself. He cannot be an ADC(P) to himself.

See wikipedia for more information.

Interesting.I read the wiki article before posting and it doesn't offer all that much. I noticed that Prince Philip only wore George VI's cypher not George VIs and also his own wife's ER so assumed they had to be appointed each time. Seems like perhaps its a bit of murky area or Philip just did as he pleased.

Princess Anne as Patron of the Battle of the Atlantic Memorial, accompanied by husband Tim, attended a service and unveiled the Battle of Atlantic Memorial at Liverpool Parish Church today, May 26.

** pa images gallery ** dm article **

Back
Top Bottom