Names for Felipe & Letizia 2nd girl

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like:

María Isabel Luisa Fernanda (= Isabel II), Juana (a beautifull name of Spansh royality) or Sofía Letizia Margarita Federica (= Queen Sofia including the name of Princess Letizia):)

im not sure i would decide name for Letizia's baby girl let her chose nice name for their baby.

girls name will be Sophia or Emma whatever name she choice comes from!

I like Isabella or Carolina.
But I see them picking a name none of us will expect.

I think Spanish Protestants might worry about living under Her Catholic Majesty Queen Isabella of Spain!

Redferns said:
Are there any protestants in Spain? :huh:

There will be someone, but I do not believe that great, some immigrants of other countries and little more, since there will be some orthodox Christians, some Jews and also Muslims. Spain is a country for the most part catholic, the rest of religions are very minority.;)

I like the name Pilar.
What about a little Princess Pilar? :rolleyes:

Nice, but...There is one Infanta Pilar in Family.

Her_Majesty said:
I see ;) . But maybe as second or third name...
Yes:rolleyes:
F.ex. Isabela Mercedes Pilar or Maria-Isabela Pilar or Blanca Pilar

But I think that Felipe and Letizia give their second girl just one name like it was with Leonor.

I think that it will be a name we are not expecting but if it was up to me i would name her:
Lucia
Lorena
Catalin:wub:

Mercedes:wub:
Isabella:wub:
Blanca
Constance
Ines
Lucia

magnik said:
Nice, but...There is one Infanta Pilar in Family.

Well, my mother's name is also running in her family twice, so that has not necessarily have to be a problem. ;)
I would love it if they name the girl Pilar, I like that name very much. It has an original ring to it, though it's the name of Felipe's aunt.

Pilar -
Means "pillar" in Spanish. It is taken from the title of the Virgin Mary, María del Pilar, meaning "Mary of the Pillar". According to legend, when Saint James the Greater was in Saragossa in Spain, the Virgin Mary appeared on a pillar.

Nice:)

Pilar Mercedes Isabella...hmm

Thanks for the information, Magnik!
I love ancient catholic stories like these! :flowers:

Her_Majesty said:
I see ;) . But maybe as second or third name...

Actually, this baby will still be Infanta Pilar, if they choose Pilar. She will never be Princess Pilar, unless she marries another royal, as only the heir to the Spanish throne and his wife is technically called Prince/Princess. All other children of the king, queen, and the heir are titled Infanta (female) or Infante (male) de Espana. This title, translated roughly, means 'child of' the royal.

Sorry to sound preach-y

To my every time it convinces more Mercedes's name. Maria de las Mercedes was the mother of the King, and Maria de las Mercedes was the Queen who gave the orders to construct the Cathedral of the Almudena where the Princes married. :flowers:

lula said:
To my every time it convinces more Mercedes's name. Maria de las Mercedes was the mother of the King, and Maria de las Mercedes was the Queen who gave the orders to construct the Cathedral of the Almudena where the Princes married. :flowers:

Really?? I did know the kings mother, the countess of Barcelona was names Maria de las Mercedes, but I didn't know the Queen Mercedes gave order to construct Almudena Cathedral. That's great :flowers: Now I like that name even more :)

:)I think Lucia is the best name.....:)

I was wondering about the name Mercedes, how is it pronounced because i think it would be really beautiful except it reminds me of the car:flowers:

crm2317 said:
I was wondering about the name Mercedes, how is it pronounced because i think it would be really beautiful except it reminds me of the car:flowers:
The "e" is pronounced as in "let":flowers:

rosana said:
The "e" is pronounced as in "let":flowers:

Which "e" though? Gosh i hope im not being a pest

crm2317 said:
Which "e" though? Gosh i hope im not being a pest
The three of them

Im still very confused as to say it lol- Mer-clet-es

Guess il just wait and see if they call the baby Mercedes and hear them saying it:flowers:

:lol: :lol:

Look, just pronounce LET.. hear the sound of the E

(now forget the L and the T, focus on the E) .. And that way you pronounce ..

MER - CE - DES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom