Names and Godparents for Harry and Meghan's second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another name that came to mind is Zoe. Which means "life". Their children would cover both ends of the alphabet. :D

Ahh it's my grand daughters name so of course I love it. I can see them doing the bookends.

Last edited:
Regina, which means Queen, could be used.

I think they'd stay away from that name solely because of the push back they'd receive from denoting in any, way, shape or form that their daughter would be anything like a "queen". Too much with people "reading between the lines" as to why they named their daughter, Regina.

It's a beautiful name though. I had an aunt Regina and she went by "Gina".

I hope the name Frances is being considered. Or an elegant variation like Francesca.

They could also go with Victoria.

Francesca Victoria Mary. those three names in any order is lovely. Nickname? Chessy? or Vicky? Or plain old wonderful Mary, no nicknames.

I am going to stick with my original choice, Alice, I think it goes well with Archie. Short to the point, with a nod to Philip whom Meghan appeared to get on very well with.

I am going to stick with my original choice, Alice, I think it goes well with Archie. Short to the point, with a nod to Philip whom Meghan appeared to get on very well with.
I really can't see them using a name with such a connextion to the RF. IMO the only family name they'll use on H's side will be Diana.

Do we think any member of the BRF will be made a godparent to H&Ms daughter?

Actually, I don't think any of Harry's family will be godparents. Basically, I say this thinking that with the timing of the birth of this child, I imagine the trust level isn't very high between the royal family and the Sussexes and anyone in the BRF would be hesitant solely because of the lack of level of trust that pervades right now. Another example of possibly "reading between the lines" in a lot of places too.

Most unlikely. I think that relations are at a low between him and his family and there's no way they'd be asked....

Actually, I don't think any of Harry's family will be godparents. Basically, I say this thinking that with the timing of the birth of this child, I imagine the trust level isn't very high between the royal family and the Sussexes and anyone in the BRF would be hesitant solely because of the lack of level of trust that pervades right now. Another example of possibly "reading between the lines" in a lot of places too.

Most unlikely. I think that relations are at a low between him and his family and there's no way they'd be asked....

Sad, but true. Harry is unlikely to want one of his own family to be god parent to his own daughter.

I think he probably had his Spencer aunts as godparents to Archie, but this time not sure if he's still in touch with the Spencers or if he would ask them to be godparents ot the new baby... not even sure if the baby will be christened....
tha's a reason why we cant begin to guess the baby's name.. as H isn't in touch with much of his family and Meg isn't in touch iwth hers.. and we dont really know who their friends are...

:previous: There's virtually no difference between guessing name and godparents for, say, Beatrice and Edo's baby and Harry and Meghan's baby.

I think he probably had his Spencer aunts as godparents to Archie, but this time not sure if he's still in touch with the Spencers or if he would ask them to be godparents ot the new baby... not even sure if the baby will be christened....
tha's a reason why we cant begin to guess the baby's name.. as H isn't in touch with much of his family and Meg isn't in touch iwth hers.. and we dont really know who their friends are...

I agree; Meghan wasn’t baptized until a few months before her wedding and then confirmed as well, so if she’d not been baptized by the age of 36, perhaps her family were not active church goers when she was a child. So she may be in no hurry to baptize the new baby since they are in the US. And Harry ? Who knows? I would imagine that he’ll go along with whatever she wants. However, if there are godparents (traditionally two women and one man for a girl) my money is on Oprah:D

:previous: There's virtually no difference between guessing name and godparents for, say, Beatrice and Edo's baby and Harry and Meghan's baby.
Its not really a fair comparison. Beatrice is a minor royal who isn't all that well known to the public. With William I guessed the name of his first 2 children.. Louis was a bit out of left field and took me by surprise.

I guessed "traditional with a twist" for Eugenie which was basically right and a lot of people pegged Philip there if he was a boy.

I think the same for Bea really.

Archie Harrison was completely out of left field for almost everyone.

I got George even though I wasn't excited by it. I missed Louis because it was already part of George's name.

I think there will be a tribute to Diana and HM but exactly how is anyone's guess. I've seen some speculation of things like Spencer Elizabeth. But I think it will be another Archie situation.

I do like Alice though.

Its not really a fair comparison. Beatrice is a minor royal who isn't all that well known to the public. With William I guessed the name of his first 2 children.. Louis was a bit out of left field and took me by surprise.

Why not? :ermm: Harry's role in the BRF is about on par with Beatrice's now.

W&C chose hyper traditional names for their children, presumably because of William and the children's position, making them fairly easy to guess. My point is that the vast majority of the name and godparent musings on here are shots in the dark. That's not exclusive to H&M.

Why not? :ermm: Harry's role in the BRF is about on par with Beatrice's now.

W&C chose hyper traditional names for their children, presumably because of William and the children's position, making them fairly easy to guess. My point is that the vast majority of the name and godparent musings on here are shots in the dark. That's not exclusive to H&M.

Up to a year ago, Harry was a senior working royal... Beatrice was never a working royal and as a minor member of the family, its hard to guess what she is likely to choose. Esp since the names of her parents are pretty likely to be "out".

I think Harriet could be a middle name.

I think that they wore out "Harry" names with having Harrison as Archie's middle name. And Diana's likely to be the middle name....

I expect something like Princess Meghan Diana or Regina Gloriana. Possible Queen or Queenie, Regal, or even named directly after Meghan. Or something like Hope, Faith, Temperance or another virtue. Goddess, Angel, Gaia ect

Last edited:
I expect something like Princess Meghan Diana or Regina Gloriana. Possible Queen or Queenie, Regal, or even named directly after Meghan. Or something like Hope, Faith, Temperance or another virtue. Goddess, Angel, Gaia ect

Going that route, I'd not let out the possibility of Xena, Warrior Princess. :lol:

Up to a year ago, Harry was a senior working royal... Beatrice was never a working royal and as a minor member of the family, its hard to guess what she is likely to choose. Esp since the names of her parents are pretty likely to be "out".

What has the fact that Harry was a working royal got to do with the predictability of Baby Sussex's name versus the predictability of Baby Mapelli Mozzi's name? :ermm:

What exactly is the point of making snide comments about a baby's name?

What has the fact that Harry was a working royal got to do with the predictability of Baby Sussex's name versus the predictability of Baby Mapelli Mozzi's name? :ermm:

Harry is/was a public figure. We knew a certain amount about him...and while he had more leeway than William with names, it was possible that he would go for traditional royal names with one American one. Whereas a lot of minor royals aren't known at all, we dont know much about them, or their friends and relatives.. and they've shown quite a bit of latitude in the names they've picked for babies. Like Davina Lewis's children are called Senna and Tane.. Or her sister has 2 children called Lylah and Rufus. SO its almost impossible to guess what Bea's children will be called and Im sure people were suprised by Eugenie's baby's name.
But with Harry, you'd think that it would be possible to hazard a guess

Last edited:
Do you mean this seriously? Because I can't see them giving "Princess" or any royal title as a name.

Faith and Temperance are names given to early settlers that came over to America from England. Not used much anymore. Genealogy charts abound with these names in early times.

I'm going to guess "May" . It's simple. Starts with M. And Queen Mary was known as May to her family.

Actually it was not a snide remark - I know many little girls called Princess and Royal actually, if rather sad, and Queenie is from the Roots novels. I do think that Meghan will like to honor her American heritage here. So my husband has money on Rosa, as in Rosa Parks - my kids think the same is going to be Freedom or America. I like the actor America Ferreira so that would be a good choice. I think they are going to name the child after herself, Meghan.

Princess is currently no.797 on baby names in the US
https://babynames.com/name/Princess

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom