Maud Angelica and Leah Isadora: discussion

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bubbette said:
She gave birth at home? Was that on purpose?

Yes the home birth was planned, but the nearest hospital was informed of this too, in case they were needed. But it went well (and I guess there was a mid-wife present as well). The princess is very interested in alternative methods, so home birth was right up her ally, so to speak.

Congratulations to Märtha and Ari!!

I wish little Leah all the best, a happy childhood and
always lots of love to come!

Looking forward to see the first pics of her and her
big sister :)

Queen Sonja of Norway speaks to media as she arrives for a grandmother visit at Bloksberg, the vacation home of Princess Märtha Louise and her husband Ari Behn, on an island near the city of Fredrikstad, south of Oslo, Friday 08 April 2005. Norway's Princess Märtha Louise gave birth to her second child early Friday at Bloksberg. The baby, a girl, was named Leah Isadora Behn.

Attachments

• 2643362.jpg
    2643362.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 387
First pictures!!

The Royal Court has just published the first pictures of Leah Isadora! These are taken by Ari Behn at Bloksbjerg yesterday, Sunda 10 April. From the Royal Court's website:

Attachments

• Leah Isadora1.jpg
    Leah Isadora1.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 672
  • Leah Isadora2.jpg
    Leah Isadora2.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 580
GrandDuchess said:
The Royal Court has just published the first pictures of Leah Isadora! These are taken by Ari Behn at Bloksbjerg yesterday, Sunda 10 April. From the Royal Court's website:

Thanks GrandDuchess ! The little baby is very cute and beautiful Congratulation Märtha and ari for this wonderfull baby !:)
I love the name Leah !:)

how tiny and cute she is:) ....

Congratulations again to the happy family!!:D

Just a question: does anyone knows if the baby will be called "Leah" or "Isadora" or both?

Adorable baby. While sleeping she looks a bit like the first pictures of her older sister.

Ari and Märtha calls Maud Angelica for Lille Ma, so they'll probably come up with a nickname for Leah Isadora, too.

VG had an interesting theory about the symbolism in Maud Angelica and Leah Isadora's names. It appears that Ari mentioned in a net-chat with them that he'd been a fan of Astrid Lindgren's television series about Saltkråkan when he was younger, and then it was particularly one lady, Malin. MALI... ? I don't know, but it seems that VG needed something to explain the initials LI.

oooh, she is adorable! She looks alot like her big sister. I noticed that she has a brooch on, just like Maud Angelica did for her first photos. Just curious as to whether or not they have said anything about that yet?

Thank you GrandDuchess for the pics of Leah Isadora (I like writing her name, I find it beautiful !) . She is a sweet baby, not as sweet as Ingrid Alexandra (who is such a cutiiiiie ! :) ) but just sweet . Congrats to Märtha and Ari !

norwegianne said:
Born at Bloksberg today.

JAN THORESEN OG KRISTOFFER EGEBERG
Fredag 08.04.2005, 14:11
oppdatert 14:35

(Dagbladet.no): Princess Märtha Louise and Ari Behn now has a second daughter. The Palace released the following press release:

"Their Majesties the King and the Queen have the pleasure of announcing that Princess Märtha Louise and Ari Behn, today, at 08.20 had a daughter.

The birth took place at Bloksbjerg, Hankø, with home birth that went according to plan. Everything is well with mother and child. The newborn weighed 3760 gram and is 52 cm tall.

His Royal Highness the Crown Prince Regent have informed the president of the Storting that the name of the child is Leah Isadora Behn.

The King and Queen expresses joy in receiving a third grandchild."

The pair already has a daughter by the name of Maud Angelica. P

Rare name:
The name Leah was first noticed in Norway in the 1940s. In the 60s a few girls were called Leah, and then it became quiet until the name reappeared in the 80s. Just before the turn of the century the name has seen an increase in popularity. Today, 278 women in Norway has Leah as their first name, according to Statistisk Sentralbyrå.

There are less than three women in Norway who're called Leah Isadora. There are four women who're called Isadora as first name. There are less than three women who have Isadora as the only name.

Leah means tired or worn out.

Leah means tired or worn out? I do like the name Leah (as in the way it sounds) but I'm too sure if I'm crazy about its meaning.

It can also mean mistress or ruler, or cow... It's one of those names with lots of meanings.

Maud Angelica with her nanny Jenni Varpe Sjotveit.

Attachments

• 4178.jpg
    4178.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 726
Leah Isadora will be baptised in the Palace Chapel on June 16th.

I really want Princess Martha Louise ask The Earl or The Countess of Wessex to be one of Leah's godparents.The Wessexes were attended the Wedding of Princess Martha Louise in 2002.But also i have never seen the Wessexes to be the godparents of other foreign Royals.

I don´t think that Leah Isadora will have a royal godparent. Maud Angelica had CP haakon as godfather but I think they chose him because of his function as uncle. For me it is very likely that Mette-Marit and Haakon could chose Sophie or Edward for a second child together.They seem to get along really well and for their second child it is not necessary to chose Crown Princes/s

I wonder if before the christening we might see a picture of the entire Behn family now -- with Ari and Martha Louise, as well as Maud Angelica and Leah Isadora.

When Maud Angelica was born there were pictures of just her, but also ones of her with Ari and Martha Louise.

Today is Maud Angelica's second birthday and I hope she has a happy one.

A very happy birthday indeed. It would have been nice to get the first set of new family photos in connection to such a special occasion, but I suppose that Märtha and Ari want to shield their girls from the press as much as possible.

A rushed and rough translation of the Aftenposten article, by me. .

I am Leah
Princess Märtha Louise (33) is happy with Leah. Aftenposten got an exclusive meeting with mother and daughter on the occasion of today's christening.

WENCHE FUGLEHAUG

Leah Isadora, Leah for everyday use, lies and mumbles in her mother's arms. She has dressed in a white dress, in honour of the photographer, and is very much present with an aware gaze. But she soon falls asleep.

"She sleeps all the time. The three first weeks she barely opened her eyes when she ate. In that manner she is very different from her big sister. With Maud Angelica there has been very many waking nights. But now she is starting to sleep better, while Leah is starting to be more awake and interested in her surroundings."

April 8. Leah came into this world at Bloksberg, the summer home of the Princess and Ari Behn at Hankø.

"To me it was natural to have a home birth. I thought about it during my first pregnancy, but didn't dare. I had a great birth at the hospital, and it has nothing to do with that. I'm not very brave either, but it just felt right."

The Princess pays attention in the debate surrounding home births.

"To me it is important that women have the option to choose for themselves where and how they want to give birth, and have the objective information and knowledge to make that choice. Personally it was very comforting to give birth at home in regular surroundings. It was very quiet, no stress like moving around."

The Princess' first birth took 14 hours, the last one 4. But she underlines that her choice of home birth in no way whatsoever is a disqualification of the public health service.

"Absolutely not. They too do a wonderful job. You can't compare it from woman to woman, because birth is such a personal thing. It is important to respect the choice of every individual. To me it is just as good to give birth in a hospital with epidural as to give birth at home without pain relief."

"But many say it is dangerous to give birth at home?"

"Foreign studies by, among other people, the statician Marjorie Tew, shows that it is statistically no greater danger for child mortality at home births than at hospital births. It is rather the other way around. Marsden Wagner, who for 16 years headed WHO's mother and child section, has said that the risk is minimal."

"Wasn't the princess afraid?"

"No, never. But my pregnancy was uncomplicated. We had checked that the umbrilical cord was right, and I knew that it would be fine. Ari's support in advance and during the birth was also important. He was fantastic. As he was the last time. I was only focused on him. If he hadn't been there like a rock, I would have collapsed."

"Because?"

"I thought, how am I going to get out an entire child?- It is a thought the rational sense doesn't quite get," says the princess.

Leah Isadora Behn is number five in the line to the Norwegian throne.

"The choice of home birth was ours, and we didn't need any permission. But it was of course, natural to talk about it in the family."

Princess Märtha Louise thinks it was wonderful to be mother the first time. "And I'm, if possible, enjoying this even more," says the princess. "I bake bread and Ari cooks. We don't miss the resturants and the city; we have our lattes at home. Ari writes a lot, but I've got "feeding fog" and isn't focused enough to write. Nature is good like that; you enter a sphere where nothing but the closest matters"

The oldest daughter Angelica (2) as she is called, is in a nature kindergarten, with horses, pigs and rabbits.

"She loves her kindergarten and is very fond of animals. She has been nice to Leah the whole time, but had a difficult period with anger-outbreaks. But that is natural," says the princess about the sibling jealousy.

The princess tells she is frustrated by the lack of sleep, but since Leah sleeps a lot, she has time and energy to Angelica as well.

"How is the princess as a mother?"

"I hope I am a warm mother, a listening person, also with the children. I think it is important to develop their personality. They have the right to be themselves, and I will respect who they are and where they are at all times in life, says Märtha, who means that children needs limits.

"I think I'm stricter when it comes to raising children than my husband is. I try to be consequent, and it is more important to have few limits/rules that we follow, rather than many that aren't followed at all.

To be a couple and not just the parents of small children, is a challenge to all.

"When the children are in bed, we try to talk together and not just watch TV and read. But I collapse on the couch from time to time. Ari and I talk a lot together in the car when we drive to and from Oslo. It is important to be updated on where we are as humans, and not just talk about children."

Today Leah is baptized in the Palace Chapel.

"The best about a christening is that she is welcomed into the world with the water of life. It is important to belong; that the child is welcomed into a religion and that the name is put into that context. I am glad that love for others and forgiving is such a vital part of Christianity, and for us it is wonderful to be part of the Christian tradition of baptism.!

Queen Sonja carries her youngest grandchild to the baptism. The King carried Maud Angelica.

"It is very nice, and she was happy when we asked her," the princess smiles.

Princess Laurentien, who is married to Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands, is also sponsor. The couple will be the only foreign guests.

"Christening means closeness to us, and family and friends means a lot on a day like that. I have known Princess Laurentien for some years now, and I treasure her friendship. She is a wonderful woman, and we meet as often as possible," says Märtha who is the godmother of five children herself.

"And the name Leah Isadora...?"

"Ari took the initiative because he has always been fascinated by the dancer, Isadora Duncan's life and tragical death. He has also traveled much in the middle east, and that's where Leah comes from. And I have to admit that I've always been a big Star Wars-fan, and Princess Leia have always been the most beautiful in the whole world."

The Princess and Ari hope for a childhood that is as normal and nice as possible for their children.

"They will attend regular kindergarten and school. It is important for us to have a personal life, and that the children won't be used in the press to sell things. It is awful how some medias do that. It is difficult for a child when a photographer jumps out of nowhere; it provokes me," says the Princess who accepts that she and Ari are photographed.

"We are adults, who can deal with it. But the children should be protected.

"But the princess is a public person and daughter of the king?"

"Yes, but it is human right to have a personal life as well. We do show our children quite often," says the princess who hope her statement reaches the presss.

"It is probably quite naïve to believe, but I want the media to think about it."

Many think that the princess will draw back from her princess assignments. It probably won't happen.

"Will the princess represent more in the future?"

"If the King and Queen asks for my help: I'll gladly help."

Last edited:
The posts about the baptism have been moved into a separate thread. It can be found here.

Norwegianne
TRF Moderator

Maud Angelica on Sonia's birthday party on Mageroe:

Mariella

Attachments

• SZWECJA_RODZINA10_001.jpg
    SZWECJA_RODZINA10_001.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,000
  • SZWECJA_RODZINA10_002.jpg
    SZWECJA_RODZINA10_002.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 945
  • SZWECJA_RODZINA10_003.jpg
    SZWECJA_RODZINA10_003.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 615
Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
HEre are the rest of the pictures from the Aftenposten interview, they are very sweet.

From www.isifa.com

Attachments

• is_11065200.jpg
    is_11065200.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 327
  • is_11065207.jpg
    is_11065207.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 312
  • is_11065208.jpg
    is_11065208.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 341
  • is_11065209.jpg