Kingdom of Cambodia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Slovakia's President Ivan Gasparovic (R) and Cambodia's King Norodom Sihamoni pose for a picture at the presidential palace in the Slovak capital Bratislava September 25, 2006.

from yahoo/reuters

Buddhist monks walk past a worker holding a portrait of King Sihamoni in front of the royal palace in Phnom Penh October 25, 2006. Sunday marks the 3rd anniversary of the coronation of King Sihamoni. REUTERS/Khem Sovannara (CAMBODIA)

Wow. It doesn't seem like three years at all. Long Live King Sihamoni!

Phnom Penh, CAMBODIA: Cambodian King Norodom Sihamoni (C) waves during the last day of water festival in Phnom Penh, 06 November 2006. The Water Festival is one of the main festivals Cambodian people celebrate between 04 to 06 of November attracting thousands from other provinces of the country.

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=ImagesSearchState%7c0%7c0%7c-1%7c28%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c1%7c11%2f7%2f2006%7c11%2f5%2f2006%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c7%7c%7cPrince%7c2233391784121335%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=7&tag=2

Roissy-en-France, FRANCE: Cambodian King Norodom Sihamoni (C) and Christine Lagarde, Minister Delegate for Foreign Trade, arrive 18 November 2006 at Roissy airport, outside Paris. Norodom Sihamoni will meet French President Jacques Chirac 20 November for a talk and a dinner

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=ImagesSearchState%7c0%7c0%7c-1%7c28%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c1%7c11%2f19%2f2006%7c11%2f17%2f2006%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c1%7c%7cCambodia%7c2233391784121335%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=1&tag=1

French President Jacques Chirac (L), Cambodian King Norodom Sihamoni (C) and First Lady Bernadette Chirac pose outside the Elysee Palace in Paris, France, on November 20, 2006, prior to a state dinner in the King's honor.

Gallery:
http://www.abacausa.com/ximagi/search.php?u=&assignment_id=34853

Last edited by a moderator:
The press aims at that Queen mother of Cambodia was hospitalized with a unknown disease

The Queen mother of Cambodia, Norodom Monineath, was admitted a hospital in aquejada China of a disease without identifying and whose gravity is not known, she spreads the local press today.
According to the metropolitan newspaper “Cambodia Weekly”, prince Sisowath Thomico admitted that the Queen was entered in a hospitable center, but that is not known if already it were registered. Queen Monineath, who this year will turn 71 years, is mother of king Norodom Sihamoni, that ascended to the throne in the 2004 after the abdication of its father, Norodom Sihanouk, of 84 years, due to its weak state of health, when suffering, among other diseases, cancer of colon and diabetes.
As much Monineath as Sihanouk has a residence in Beijing, where they remain from last September to go to routine medical treatments. Cambodian Newspaper, that also mentions sources of the real palace which they rejected to be identified, indicates that Reina suffers a unknown disease.

La prensa apunta a que la Reina madre de Camboya fue hospitalizada con una enfermedad desconocida

Queen Sofia of Spain will meet King of Cambodia next thursday

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/567081-post22.html

Last edited:
I hope that Her Majesty Norodom Monineath will be well again in no time. She seems to be a very nice woman, and I'm sure she suffered a lot, since her country suffered a great deal. A good Queen suffers along with her people.

Vanesa.

Last edited:
Swiss Federal president Micheline Calmy-Rey (L) and Cambodian King Bat Samdech Praeh Boromneath Norodom Sihamoni (R), review the guard of honour upon Sihamoni's arrival for a private visit in Kehrsatz near Bern, Switzerland, 29 May 2007

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Cambodian King Norodom Sihamoni, left, and Dr. Beat Richner, director of Kantha Bopha childrens hospital foundation in Phnom Penh, greet the audience during the benefit gala evening of the Swiss national circus 'Knie' in Zurich, Switzerland, on 30 May 2007. The event took place to collect money for Richner's hospitals for children in Cambodia

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

King Norodom Sihamoni greets well-wishers during the inauguration ceremony for the new building of the Cambodian National Assembly, which is opened after four years of construction in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, 07 July 2007. Parliamentary heads of three neighbouring countries, Thailand, Laos and Vietnam have been invited to attend the opening

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Hi there ! Just want to share Opinion , What was happen after it was show up... Please take one Bhuda Script "My Fellow, you will see the rest of all the trees in the forest "Pradesh"actually not equal, it's tall and it's short " Just want we take away our scared, fear together. What's was happen to the lives of the human being ?
I hope all of them truely like the Dhama, and not just pretender ! I wanna see alot more patriotic behaviour, it's just my habit to reveal about the PPl's habit. I love the doctrine that can make people changing not confusious or offending the others, Whatever their ancestries if they're truely devotion, The Idian way practicing are commonly to those communities.

Beautiful!, Great Designed !
LOVE KING'S PICTURES

Last edited:
Why ? I've seen lots of the pictures of the King and queen Sean now, very familiar to me as everydays, and there's no suprisingly,huhh but the Asean people. I am very enchanteur with the pictures of King Sihamony also,... Sometime i think it's not different but i've seen all the pictures around the world as working as designing,Why i not know how's people doing ? I wait to see the new pictures here....:flowers:

Former Cambodian King Norodom Sihanouk (C) and his wife queen Monineath (L) greet government officials before departing Phnom Penh International airport November 28, 2007. Cambodian King Norodom Sihamoni accompanies his father former King Norodom Sihanouk and mother queen Monineath, who suffers from a number of serious illnesses, including cancer, as they prepare to travel to China for medical check-ups.

Yahoo! News Photo
Yahoo! News Photo
Yahoo! News Photo

Indigenous Concern about the King

I'd travel all around Cambodia such, Everything that i could see there're not much differenct from thier neighboring Country in SE A, I hope that the King, Especially i am concern about His Majesty's, Maybe i am going to watch a little bit TV from Cam to relflection some more.
It's so brilliant to live by the life " Royalsim Way " Indeed i want to show that,the genuine gold is not going to fade away even it's inside the furnace ! I hope that" Brother Neighbor" should be consider what's happened what's the right things to believe " you know that all king under the reign of Kambhuja Desha Maharaja " are convert from Indian,I am looking very nicely that most of the Beautiful indegenous people in Cambodia are faithful to their King,
I think it's not clue for my friends from Europe to understand about Asian culture but let emagine! How pain that's if we lost what is the meaning of cultural because the're are the persecute continuing, we're closing to Asian and the world !i surrender that we're understood it very well man !

Last edited:
Shared some Verbal dicussion

Thank you for everyone posting the very nice pictures, I got the clue with you now i want to express with the "Verbal "Discussion asean is acting like asean, I hope that everybody will recognise our King around the world by TV, internet..ect. It's my duty to do the decoration because some friend said not like and i was drank lil (--)pp make me smarter to tell the true color about the pictures.
What favor that we can act ? I understand the thread of asean some country are Royal and "non" this color of Royal picture are already beautiful ! i hope some friend will explain about this "verbal" is it were true or false? maybe Pol it wasn't:bang:
Blessing all of you and sucess at your businesss..!

King Father Sihanouk returns from Beijing
10 July 2009

King Father Norodom Sihanouk and his wife Queen Monineath Sihanouk arrived safely in Cambodia on Thursday at 3:30pm at Siem Reap International Airport, the first time he has been on Cambodian soil in almost a year, said Prince Sisowath Thomico, who arrived from Beijing with Norodom Sihanouk.

Sisowath Thomico said the 87-year-old King Father had been cured of his third bout of cancer and appeared healthy, adding that he did not yet know his schedule for his two months in Cambodia.

Politicians and members of civil society alike celebrated the arrival of Sihanouk, expressing their respect for the former King and head of state.

Full article: The Phnom Penh Post
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

For Thailand's kings, relative to Cambodia's, lese majeste is more
27 July 2009

Can you get in trouble for insulting the Cambodian King? Under Thailand's notorious lese majeste laws, one can be jailed for failing to stand up for the national anthem or publicly criticising the monarchy.

But sources close to the royal family say that though open insults could get you into hot water, similar laws in Cambodia have been tempered by an established precedent of open expression.

Full article: The Phnom Penh Post

You're so much gratitude, for me i don't want any dark cloudy above to look atthe pure sky,as far as our kampuchea could grow marching after the Gen of Extreme oriental, Only sir !!:whistling:

Cambodian Court Dress

Hi All,

I just bought this lovely book "Cambodian Dance: Celebration of the Gods " by Denise Haywood. It contains quite a number of pics, many old on dancing which is closely associated with Cambodian Royalty. Related to this, is there any info on cambodian court dress out there?

The King of Cambodia Norodom Sihamoni of Cambodia visited Beijing China on February 22nd. He paid a visit to his parents former King Norodom Sihanouk of Cambodia and his wife the Queen Mother Monineath who have being resting in Beijing. The King had a medical checkup also.
He is expected to pay official visits to France and Czechia in a few days.
PeopleDaily
NewsBrunei

The King of Cambodia returnes back home, to Prague

Cambodian King Norodom Sihamoni began on March 14th a week-long private visit to the Czech Republic where the monarch lived for 13 years in his youth, the CTK Czech news agency reported.Sihamoni arrived in the country, which he considers as his "second homeland", in 1962 as a nine year old to devote himself to the art of dance.
The future king attended a primary school with Czechs, then a dance school and finally a college for music, ballet and dramatic arts.
Sihamoni, who speaks fluent Czech and Russian, is to receive an honorary doctorate from his former college and meet with former teachers and classmates during the visit. He is to meet with Czech President Vaclav Klaus on March 18th.
He first appeared on the stage of the Prague National Theatre at the age of 11 in a production of Russian composer Pyotr Tchaikovsky's "The Nutcracker".

AFP
LateRoots.com
The King of Cambodia meets the Czech president and the first lady - credits Getty

Female leaders show the way for Earth Hour 2010
As the official Ambassador for Earth Hour in the Kingdom of Cambodia, Princess Sita Norodom will host a candle-lit cocktail party at Le Royal Restaurant, the fine dining table of the Raffles Hotel Le Royal in Phnom Penh.

First state visit from Cambodia to Japan May 16th 2010

HM the King Norodom Siamoni will be on his first state visit to Japan from May 16th 2010. - Kyodo

King's first state visit to Japan May 16-20 2010

HM the King of Cambodia Norodom Sihamoni arrived to Haneda airport yesterday.

*Pic 1* *Pic 2* *Pic 3* *Pic 4*

The King met the Imperial couple in their palace in Tokyo today.

*Pic 1* *Pic 2* *Pic 3* *Pic 4*

HM the King of Cambodia had a meeting with Japan's PM during the second day of the state from Cambodia to Japan.
*Pic 1* *Pic 2* - King Sihamoni with PM Hatoyama and PM's wife Miyuki; credits Kyodo
King Norodom Sihamoni is to visit Nara on May 19th.

Cambodian royal family visits Viet Nam

Former Cambodian King Norodom Sihanouk, Queen Mother Norodom Moninieth Sihanouk and King Norodom Sihamoni arrived in Ha Noi June 23rd to start a four-day visit to Viet Nam at the invitation of President Nguyen Minh Triet.
President Triet hailed the royal family as close and esteemed friends of the Vietnamese people. - AsiaOne News
Vietnam News

I had in my college English class a Cambodian guy named Vichich(not the exact spelling) and I remember a time he was telling me that he's a prince. I didn't believe him then, but now it kinda makes me think maybe he is. Anyway, I don't keep in touch with him anymore.

Back
Top Bottom