King of Andorra

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ralf

Commoner
City
Maastricht
Country
Netherlands
Although Andorra is still known as the "Principality of Andorra", it hasn't been a sovereign monarchy since 1278 and has been a diarchy ever since, with the bishop of Urgell, Spain, on the one hand, and the president of France, on the other, as co-rulers. As a result, there is no hereditary (family) succession, but a constitutional monarchy with elected heads of state.
Nevertheless, Andorra became a kingdom for a few weeks in 1934. A Russian nobleman named Boris Skosyrev had himself proclaimed king Boris I by the general council. His "reign" ended when he was arrested and expelled by the bishop of Urgell.
Incidentally, Skosyrev claimed to be a baron on the one hand, while on the other he also pretended to be the "Count of Orange", a title he said he had received from the Dutch Queen Wilhelmina for his service at the royal court. This, incidentally, made people in Andorra think he might have been of Dutch descent.

Despite some (brief) genealogical data I have been able to trace - see below - I am looking to add to this in terms of missing data such as birth, death and marriage dates.
In addition, I am also looking for photographs of both himself and his four wives. At least, if that's correct, because it is not certain that he was indeed married four times; at least the 'last' marriage is correct.
I am therefore curious to know who can help me get photos and, in addition, with both completing and checking whether the data I have found are correct.

Mikhail Skosyrev, * St Petersburg 10.06.1871
[
x
Elizaveta countess Mavros, * 1862
From this marriage 1 child:

Boris Skosyrev, * Vilnius (Lituania) 12.06.1896, + Boppard (Germany) 27.02.1989
x
Olga Sakalinska, * 1873, + 1940
x
Florence Marmon
x
Sophie Marie Anna Gutzlaf, * 1887
]
x 21.03.1931
Marie-Louise Parat de Gassier, * c. 1886​

Incidentally, the name Skosyrev appears in several spelling variants: Skossyrev, Skossyreff, Skossyreff-Mawrusow, de Skossyreff. No idea, by the way, which is the correct one. Who knows?

Many thanks in advance for the replies!

Intresting guy must say. What anyway got him seek such thing since it hardly had any chances to succeed? And how Skosyrev thought succession would had gone? At least considering with Geni (not always reliable so it might be wrong) him hadn't even children so it would look like that his half-siblings would had succeeded him.

Friedrich Karl II, thanks for your reply.
Skosyrev seems more like a thrill-seeking to me, but who blames him for trying such things and even succeeding? Nothing wrong with wanting to change history that way...

You mention on Geni there can be found some genealogical data about him. Do you perhaps have a link to that, or - even better - can you put those things into here, as I don't seem to find anything about him or his family on Geni.

Friedrich Karl II, thanks for your reply.
Skosyrev seems more like a thrill-seeking to me, but who blames him for trying such things and even succeeding? Nothing wrong with wanting to change history that way...

You mention on Geni there can be found some genealogical data about him. Do you perhaps have a link to that, or - even better - can you put those things into here, as I don't seem to find anything about him or his family on Geni.

There is link to his profile page and you can find his family tree there. Unfortunately most of names are written in Cyrillic letters.

https://www.geni.com/people/Boris-Skossyreff/6000000028400524658

Boris Mikhailovich Skossyreff (12 June 1896 – 27 February 1989) was a Belarusian adventurer, international swindler and pretender who attempted to seize the monarchy of the Principality of Andorra during the early 1930s, styling himself King Boris I of Andorra.
More information: Boris Skossyreff - Wikipedia

Back
Top Bottom