King Abdullah And Queen Rania - discussing their projects

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by bjanka66@Jun 8th, 2004 - 1:01 pm
Why do people keep picking on Queen Rania and for very silly reasons IMO, like what she's wearing or not??? You say she's spreading hate? She's known to be VERY respectful of all religions and for bridging the west and the Middle East. And I also think she understands her role very well and is undertaking her duties as a Queen in every sense. I have only respect and admiration for her.

they're jealous :lol:
that's what rania says :woot: :blink:

Originally posted by pepep+Jun 8th, 2004 - 4:30 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pepep @ Jun 8th, 2004 - 4:30 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bjanka66@Jun 8th, 2004 - 1:01 pm
Why do people keep picking on Queen Rania and for very silly reasons IMO, like what she's wearing or not??? You say she's spreading hate? She's known to be VERY respectful of all religions and for bridging the west and the Middle East. And I also think she understands her role very well and is undertaking her duties as a Queen in every sense. I have only respect and admiration for her.

they're jealous :lol:
that's what rania says :woot: :blink: [/b][/quote]
No comment :eek: :blush: shame for a such as comment from a considered to be a responsibile person,we aren't here talking to kids,this is siply being provocative and irresponsible B)

Originally posted by papillon@Jun 8th, 2004 - 4:17 pm
I agree. I think that's a fallacy. Most Westerners don't hate Muslims and Arabs and vice versa.
Really? Was September 11 sign of love? Relation needs to be improved.

I absolutely agree on US monetary help to Arab countries. Jordan got last year from US $1.1 billion.

Originally posted by synthia+Jun 8th, 2004 - 4:42 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (synthia @ Jun 8th, 2004 - 4:42 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-papillon@Jun 8th, 2004 - 4:17 pm
I agree.  I think that's a fallacy.  Most Westerners don't hate Muslims and Arabs and vice versa.

I absolutely agree on US monetary help to Arab countries. Jordan got last year from US $1.1 billion. [/b][/quote]
Sure ,you are being ethopic.All aids are not about love and help between different cultures,there's many countries which deserves aids more than jordan if it's only about help,those aids are only about strategic deals,Jordan is a plug area,created that,not more B)

Originally posted by synthia@Jun 8th, 2004 - 4:42 pm

I absolutely agree on US monetary help to Arab countries. Jordan got last year from US $1.1 billion.
Yes, really. Note that I did not say ALL, but MOST.

Originally posted by papillon+Jun 8th, 2004 - 4:17 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (papillon @ Jun 8th, 2004 - 4:17 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bubbette@Jun 8th, 2004 - 10:14 am
I don't think there is so much hate! Certainly not on the part of Western countries. W. Europe is very welcoming to Muslims, as is the US--probably the greatest aid donor to Muslims.  I don't think all Muslims hate the US either--I think certain Imams teach hate, but not all.
I agree. I think that's a fallacy. Most Westerners don't hate Muslims and Arabs and vice versa. [/b][/quote]
Well, I really don’t know how many or how much hate there exist, I never came across any statistics, if you did please share it, however I’m very well aware of the hate that exist, as well of the war against terrorism that we are in, of those who use Islam for their political ambitions and hurt Islam reputation.

On the other hand, I know that many Arabs and Westerners fight against terrorism and work hard to fill this gap between nations. We saw just recently very nice example of Moroccans very friendly invitation to their country, when they were competing for Word Cup. I know that Morocco is the most liberal Arab country and they cannot be compare to the Libya, Yemen, Sudan… But it is really nice to know that the friendship between civilizations exists. And that it is due to Moroccans leaders. Just recently King Mohammed VI call on Arabs leaders, on the Arab summit to teach people bigger tolerance.

If we have a problem, we have to face it, otherwise will grow big and we will be no able to handle.

Originally posted by Bubbette+Jun 8th, 2004 - 10:18 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bubbette @ Jun 8th, 2004 - 10:18 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-barbara_41172@Jun 7th, 2004 - 9:52 pm
Not sure why you would think she was dressed inappropriately, Asma2. She wore a long dress, as did Queen Sofia of Spain. She didn't wear a hat but neither did her mother-in-law Princess Muna. Queen Sofia, a Catholic herself, never wears a hat. I have seen her at weddings with her head uncovered. Why do people keep picking on Queen Rania and for very silly reasons IMO, like what she's wearing or not??? You say she's spreading hate? She's known to be VERY respectful of all religions and for bridging the west and the Middle East. And I also think she understands her role very well and is undertaking her duties as a Queen in every sense. I have only respect and admiration for her.

TC
Love
Barbara
Is she referring to the fact that the invite said knee length dress? I don't think that constitutes spreading hate. [/b][/quote]
barbara_41172, I don’t care if Rania was wearing long or short dress (it was really skirt) or hat. The fact is that Rania was inappropriately dressed. The skirt is suitable for some Spanish wild dances not to the church and she should put some jacket on, too. If Rania want to show respect to other religion, she has to approached the church exactly the same way as she would approach the mosque. Church means to Catholics exactly as much as mosque means to the Muslim. Nobody is asking Rania to wear burke. Queen Noor fined very fine line between western requirements and Muslim culture, wearing veil. Prince My Rachid came dressed in robe (I don’t know the name of the robe) representing the King, family and last but not least the country and his religion. And there were other Muslims that came dressed properly, except QRania. If you want to know what is appropriate and what is not, simply ask yourself question? Would be QRania allowed to the mosque dress like that? Or can you imaging some non-Muslim woman come dress like that to the mosque?

barbara_41172, what did rania do for bridging the west and the Middle East?

Bubbette, I was not referring to the invitation; Rania should know the protocol without reading invitation.

rania missed the fashion protocol, but she made a fashion hit, but didn't get on the front pages of the magazines. :sick:

Do any of you see the irony of when maryshawn asked the very relevant question about how much time QR & KA spend in their country and their effect on the everyday lives of their country men, 40 posts later we are discussing if QR's dress is appropriate?

Originally posted by silver charm@Jun 9th, 2004 - 10:04 am
Do any of you see the irony of when maryshawn asked the very relevant question about how much time QR & KA spend in their country and their effect on the everyday lives of their country men, 40 posts later we are discussing if QR's dress is appropriate?

Oh yes....

Like I mentioned before...He, the king and it seems like his father, is always abroad and as such is called King "By correspondence" :huh:

You're absolutely right, silver charm. I have deleted my message as a result.

TC
Love
Barbara

I'm not too familiar with Jordanian politics so I just don't understand what the purpose of these trips are. I do understand, for example, why the trips to the US are necessary, considering the Palestinian/Israeli conflict and the situation in Iraq, and I understand the visits to neighboring countries are necessary as well.

But what purpose do the trips to Ireland, Spain, France, etc. serve? These countries obviously have very little or absolutely no say in what is happening in the Middle East. Is it for monetary aid? And if so, wouldn't it be more convenient to send an envoy, a diplomat, or an ambassador to do the job?

The only good that comes out of these trips for Jordanians, I think, is the boost to the economy tourism provides as a result of the state visits. But I don't think that boost is worth the many days the King is out of the country.

Well as Spain and France and Ireland are members of the EU, which gives a lot of aid to the ME, I think that has something to do with it, as well as for tourism reasons.

Did anyone spot members of the JRF at President Reagan's funeral? I saw KA, who was in the USA already for the G8 Summit, but no others.

Originally posted by nbaker@Jun 13th, 2004 - 8:11 am
yeah King Abdullah was there.

Go to www.gettyimages.com and search King Abdullah and you will see picts of him at the funeral
yea KA was there, if you check yahoo news pictures u can see him in the crowd

I was told that the guest of honor at June 14, 2004 Hope Gala(Jordanian royal members active on it) in D.C. was QR. But when I checked the Petra News Agency Photo, KA was there-with Princess Ghida and no oneb else. Do you know what happened to her that evening? Since it was in D.C. and Mclean is very close-where Empress Farah of Iran and Q Noor reside-did they attend? I doubt it, since I did not see them on the pic. In addition, the Hope gala will be held in Monaco in July by Prince Albert. Princess Ghida will be there. Boy, these people really do jet around a lot. I wonder if they use flequent flyer advantage: )

there was an article in the Daily Mail, which is a english newspaper it said:

Prince Abdullah of Jordan, uncle of King Abdullah, made good use of his visit to Washington for the state funeral of Ronald Reagan. He took 14 domino pizzas home with him to Amman.

Does anyone know who Prince Abdullah is?
dont they have domino pizza in Jordan

it was king abdulah

read this

Domino's delivers
When it comes to the king of Jordan, it's a bit of an understatement to say Domino's delivers. That's because during a May visit to Washington, he collected 14 topping-stacked pies to take home to Amman. His embassy called two stores owned by Domino's Team Washington boss Frank Meeks. The caller to the suburban Virginia store asked that the pies be cooled before being boxed so they wouldn't get all steamy or stale. Meeks's Georgetown store got the order for pies with "five times the sausage," said a Domino's spokeswoman. The Secret Service picked up the pizzas, and King Abdullah threw an $80 tip on the $120 tab. He must have liked 'em a lot because just last week, while his jet was in Washington, his aides collected five more pies from Meeks to take back to Jordan.

:sick:

jrf are sick :sick: :sick: :sick:

they don't know what to do from good. he sent personal jet to buy pizzas :sick:
:sick: :sick: :sick:

another article

Next time you visit the king of Jordan, we know exactly what you can bring him as a gift: Domino's pizzas.

When King Abdullah was visiting Washington in May, he asked for 14 pizzas to take back to Amman, U.S. News & World Report's Paul Bedard reports in his Washington Whispers column. His embassy called two stores, one in Crystal City and the other in Georgetown, with varying instructions. The Crystal City order was to be cooled before being boxed so they could remain fresh. (Good call -- soggy pizzas are the worst.) The Georgetown branch was asked to include "five times the sausage," according to a Domino's rep. The Secret Service picked them up, paid the $180 tab and left the king's $80 tip.

And there's no stopping Abdullah's cravings. Just last week he sent his personal jet to retrieve five more. He's the king of the country; can't he open his own chain?

Originally posted by cut1me@Jun 17th, 2004 - 2:33 pm
dont they have a domino's in Jordan?

Where did you find that pepep?
Washington Post, DC
USNEWS

Well, they've got dominoes in Jerusalem, which is only 40 miles away from Amman, should he get another craving. And if she wanted them, that was very thoughtful of him. I don't see that he sent a private jet just for that.

King Abdullah & Queen Rania of Jordan - a discussion

So much for the people who say she is extravagent!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom