Infanta Leonor, News and Pictures Part 2: February - August 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much for these pictures. Leonor is a marvallous baby and it's a pleasure to see how her parents take care of her !

Dear mtbcm, you had make a very good job; I want to learn how we can to do this.

Germany auctions wrists of Leonor
the units on sale cost between 25 and 180 euros.

Dressed baptism, sleepy in a smiling basket or and with pink gorrito are some of the formats in which the wrists appear imitation of infant Leonor de Borbón in the Internet auctions. The salesmen have been multiplied in the last weeks and, most peculiar, almost all are German. The retort of the baby of the princes of Asturias costs between 25 and 180 euros, depending on the quality of the wrist or the number of accessories, and some salesmen even offer a birth certificate. "Leonor looks for a new mother. You want to be your ' ", it said one of the announcements of the last week published by a salesman of the south of Germany.

http://www.elperiodicodearagon.com/noticias/noticia.asp?pkid=245848

fanletizia said:
Germany auctions wrists of Leonor
the units on sale cost between 25 and 180 euros.

Dressed baptism, sleepy in a smiling basket or and with pink gorrito are some of the formats in which the wrists appear imitation of infant Leonor de Borbón in the Internet auctions. The salesmen have been multiplied in the last weeks and, most peculiar, almost all are German. The retort of the baby of the princes of Asturias costs between 25 and 180 euros, depending on the quality of the wrist or the number of accessories, and some salesmen even offer a birth certificate. "Leonor looks for a new mother. You want to be your ' ", it said one of the announcements of the last week published by a salesman of the south of Germany.

http://www.elperiodicodearagon.com/noticias/noticia.asp?pkid=245848

Just for giving a little clarification to this, another meaning for muñeca is doll , so in this case, they are talking about dolls.

Infant Leonor popularizes the angioma
The Congress of Pamplona of the SECPRE will analyze its treatment.

The red spot in the nose of infant Leonor has popularized the angioma or hemangioma, a clinical manifestation described by the Secretary General of the SECPRE, Beatriz Berenguer, like “frecuentísima, but badly classified until recently” and whose therapeutic protocol already is defined. The Congress of Pamplona will analyze its treatment and the one of the malformations vasculares, whose essential difference is that these do not change, while the angiomas yes do it and often they disappear with time.

http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/se_sociedad/noticia.jsp?CAT=105&TEXTO=100000094221

Is that a good thing or a bad one? She may not be overjoyed when she gets older why her angioma caused so much fuss. Good thing though that it brought medical attention.

Hi, im new im kinda confused about how this forum works out .. hehe.
Well .. i love the princes of asturias .. recently they were in Barcelona with Leonor for Miguel's birthday..

thanks for the slideshow mtbcm what a beautiful child, she has the most perfect lips i've ever seen, just an angel.

bbb said:
thanks for the slideshow mtbcm what a beautiful child, she has the most perfect lips i've ever seen, just an angel.

As Letizia, her lips are especialy beautiful and expressive. We can hope for the little Infanta that she is inherited her mother's lips so glamourous !:D

Thank you for your nice comments on the slideshow :).

Infanta Leonor is very cute so work gets easier that way ;).

I agree with you, she has an expressive face and I personnaly adore her expression when leaving the clinic. I don't know if it is because that was the first time we saw her but she looked adorable that day.

Now she is growing up realy fast and I always laugh whenever I see her expressions - surprise, attention... she will be a very intelligent lady I am sure. And that is the most important!

Regards,
mtbcm :)

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Welcome on forum Mari_*!!!:)
Thank you :)

..I think Leonor looks like Prince Felipe when he was a baby ..

An anecdote.

A reporter of a Spanish program of television called " Caiga Quien Caiga" it managed to deliver to the king Juan Carlos during the delivery of the Prizes Laureus, a small t-shirt of the Spanish selection of football with Leonor's name. :D

Aww, that's so cute i'm already picturing Leonor with the T-shirt on.:)

I wish we could see Leonor with the flamenco dress on!!! She'd be soooo cute!:)

http://www.elcomerciodigital.com/pg060609/prensa/noticias/Sociedad/200606/09/GIJ-SOC-168.html

Fall asleep, queen

Ribadesella's Town hall has entrusted a "nana" to the Sea Choir of Lastres for the future Princess of Asturias. Her great-grandmother was not absent yesterday to the presentation

The infanta Leonor already has the one who lulls to sleep . ' Nana for a girl, nana for a queen ' it is the title of the cradle song that Ribadesella's Town hall has given the daughter of the Princes of Asturias for her birth. Yesterday it was sung for the first time by the Sea Choir Manín of Lastres, which director, Faustino Martínez García, is the author of the letter and the music. And to the act the great-grandmother of the small one was not absent, riosellana of adoption, Menchu Álvarez del Valle.

The premiere of the "nana" took place in the lounge of acts of the House of Ribadesella's Culture. The text of the song showed itself for the first time and not in a paper anyone, but overturned in a parchment which confection entrusted itself to the Pelayas of Oviedo.

As Faustino Martínez explains, " the melody wants to reflect the special fondness for the Princess who exists in Ribadesella. It is thought to be sung by an Asturian mother to a girl who will be A Princess of Asturias some day ", commented the composer.
Inside the " difficulties of the measure and heap of the verses, which determine the language " of the song, the text tries to have " musical Asturian resonances " of sea songs " as that the mothers of Asturias sang using spontaneous letters that were going out of the heart of the soul ".

The text refers to Sardéu, Ribadesella and Asturias and includes natural elements as the river, the sea and the mountain. The "nana" dedicated to the infanta Leonor will be recorded and sent to the House of the King.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Nana": cradle song
Pelayas: Benedictine nuns of San Pelayo's Monastery who realize manuscript works

http://www.hola.com/abonados/casasreales/2006/06/09/nana-leonor/?auth=yes

Nana para una niña, nana para una reina... this is the title chosen for the first cradle song that was written and dedicated especially to Infanta Leonor. The City Hall of Ribadesella decided to offer this original gift to the Princes of Asturias when their child was born, ordering the mucic to Faustino Martinez García (the director of the Coro Marinero Manín de Lastres).

This week the song was sung for the first time, in an act attended by the great-grandmother of the little Infanta, Menchu Alvarez del Valle. According to the musician, the music "wants to reflect the special affection of Ribadesella for the Princess. It is thought to be sung by an Asturian mother to a girl that will be Princess of Asturias".

The lyrics have references to Sardéu, Ribadesella and Asturias (all places very tied to the childhood of the Princess of Asturias) and includes natural elements like the river, the sea and the mountain.

Last edited:
Don't you think that Infanta leonor should appear more??For example Princess Mary even travel sometimes with her soon and we could see some photos of the Little Prince dress as a normal baby, having bath in a swimming pool!!She doesn't show him only in official dutties like Princess Letizia does!!!I think she should consider Infanta leonor as a normal baby, doing things like other normal babys!

biboquinhas said:
Don't you think that Infanta leonor should appear more??For example Princess Mary even travel sometimes with her soon and we could see some photos of the Little Prince dress as a normal baby, having bath in a swimming pool!!She doesn't show him only in official dutties like Princess Letizia does!!!I think she should consider Infanta leonor as a normal baby, doing things like other normal babys!

Well, Infanta Leonor isn´t a normal baby:rolleyes:

The Princes travel very much and have an intense activity and I do not believe that such a small baby could support these trips, they were getting tired too much and besides, the babies have to sleep, play, eat etc.
I believe that it is much better than this in house waiting to dad and mum

Paty said:
Well, Infanta Leonor isn´t a normal baby:rolleyes:

The Princes travel very much and have an intense activity and I do not believe that such a small baby could support these trips, they were getting tired too much and besides, the babies have to sleep, play, eat etc.
I believe that it is much better than this in house waiting to dad and mum

Yes your rigth, Infanta leonor is not a normal baby of course! But for example when I see photos of Christian Valdemar Henry John of Denmark, he looks like a normal baby, wearing jeans and a T.shirt and tennis shoes!That's what I'am refering, because when we get to see Leonor she is always so formal because we only get to see her in official ocassions, that's what I'am criticizing.

biboquinhas said:
Yes your rigth, Infanta leonor is not a normal baby of course! But for example when I see photos of Christian Valdemar Henry John of Denmark, he looks like a normal baby, wearing jeans and a T.shirt and tennis shoes!That's what I'am refering, because when we get to see Leonor she is always so formal because we only get to see her in official ocassions, that's what I'am criticizing.

Oh I´m sorry ,I don´t understood what you wanted to say :(

Yes, you have reason, we see Leonor in only official acts , but I believe that you must not confuse, the "Formal thing" with "classic". The Princess Letizia has a very classic way of dressing and it influences his daughter.
But also we have seen to leonor in jeans .. in the vacations of Christmas in Lanzarote. We have seen her to accompany the Princess on the Dentist.;)

Last edited:
biboquinhas said:
Here you have 11 pages of photos of Infanta Leonor wearing jeans.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f11/christmas-holidays-lanzarote-dec-26-31-2005-a-8355.html

Actually, at that time, there was too many people criticising Princess Letizia for dressing the future Queen of Spain with jeans (there was even a TV show dedicated to it). It seems one can not please everybody...

Poor little Lonor who knows yet the light of the spots.

When she wore so cuty jeans in the last december, some people had mad a quarrel to her mother because she might not to wear a futur Queen of Spain like that ( even in this forum ) Then as we can see her only for official event she was wearing pretty beautifull baby girl dresses ( Easter or Miguel's birthday ) or specific and catholic ceremonies white long dresses ( Atocha, Visit of the Pope ) some people reproach to Letizia her classical and formal way to dress Leonor.

Wait and see, the hollydays are coming sooner, may be we could to see Leonor in bathing suit ( not a bikini because her futur duties....:p ) and I hope that every body will be happy....:D

i really don't see the problem in what babies wear. there's nothing protocolar, or something that can be judged as good or bad. i love seeing leonor in these kind of dresses that look so smart and girly, but at the same time i think she looked beautiful in jeans. after all, she is only a baby, and the fact that she goes to a royal event with her parents doesn't mean that she is performing one.

moreover, it's letizia's and felipe's baby, and they decide how to dress their daughter and furthermore, i think that's the last thing people look at when they see leonor or any other royal baby. the excitement comes now to see how they are growing and developing, and later on, it will be how they dress, and what tiaras they were or how elegant they look... :)

i don't think letizia received anything from karl lagerfeld or any other well known designer, since that would definitely appear in articles as the spanish press loves picking on these kind of things. letizia is not an often customer of international brands so...

Last edited:
adelaide said:
Wait and see, the hollydays are coming sooner, may be we could to see Leonor in bathing suit ( not a bikini because her futur duties....:p ) and I hope that every body will be happy....:D

Adelaide,

Don't you even dare to consider the possibility of putting a bikini on Leonor :D.

Honestly I love the way spanish family dress the little ones. And Leonor looks so princessly in her long white, pink and blue dresses. That's how I, representant of people, dressed my daughter on Leonor's age... God how I miss this days;) , now she's dressing by herself :eek: ahahahah

There is no reason to compare with Christian. Crown Princes of Denmark have a different attitude towards sharing intimate and family pics of their bundle of joy. Spain has a different tradition, we have never seen Felipe or his sisters on their early ages bathing in a swimmingpool or eating water melon and cookies. I'm sure those pictures exists in their private album. To see those kind of pictures we'll have to wait until one of these situations happens outdoors and hopefully several photographers will be there to take the pictures for us ;).

Once someone brought the same kind of "problem" towards princess Elizabeth of Belgium and brother habits on dressing. I believe the ways changes from country to country, from parent to parent, from baby to baby.

Now, adelaide, bikini is out of question;) ...

For as much we love comparissons, each with its own. This is the spanish way!

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Last edited:
I'm not judging the way Letizia dresses her daughter, but I only think she could go out more with her like Princess Mary does!I think Leonor has just came out a few times and only for official pictures!

Dearest mtbcm,

Thanks for your so polite answer.

I know a little the way of dress of quiet all the spain children when they are babies or little beautifull angels : so marvellously dressed with impeccable shirt, skirt, short, pant allways marvellously ironing ( the things not the babies:p) It's quiet a national sport to have a baby or little child absolutly well dressed.

Yes, the casual is begining to scrape the traditional image of the beautifull little girl in white dress with a a big bow in the hair as Victoria for the ceremonies. You can see the same little Victoria, when she don't go to school or when she don't assist at an official act, in a casual wear with sweatshirt ( I remember it was a Gap one ) and whithout this tremandous and typically spanish bow in the hair.

As I know the human nature and as I had a girl who wore varnish red shoes at the same age than Victoria, I can tell you dear mtbcm, that you know very well too, my daughter hate me because this varnish red shoes and because a scottish wool beret that I find very beautiful and she, NOT AT ALL :D :D Now she is the Queen of the Grunge..:p

( For Leonor in bikini I have to confess that I keep a llitle bit of hope....:p )

Kind regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom