HIM Mohammed Reza Pahlavi, Shah of Iran (1919-1980): Life Events and Death

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello!! Post here pics of official visits during the reign of the Shah.

The father of the Shah (Reza Khan) stayed here in Spain during the reign of Alfonso XIII. The Shah one time with Soraya in 1958 (the ruler was General Franco and not the King Juan Carlos). The King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia stayed two times in Iran (during the party of the 2500 years of the Persian Empire when they were already Princes of Spain and in 1976).

Regards!!

As anecdote, the veil (in Spanish we say "mantilla") that Farah wear this day was a present of Jaime Peñafiel (a journalist of the magazine "Hola") and it belonged to Empress Eugenia de Montijo of France.

Regards!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know how many "romances" had the Shah before to know Soraya or Farah? I know Grace Kelly and Maria Gabriela of Saboya, do you know more? I believe that he had a romance with the Duchess of Kent, but I'm not sure :(

Regards!!

Do you know how many "romances" had the Shah before to know Soraya or Farah? I know Grace Kelly and Maria Gabriela of Saboya, do you know more? I believe that he had a romance with the Duchess of Kent, but I'm not sure :(

Regards!!

:ohmy: Do you have some articles about his "romances" with Grace Kelly ?

Great pics, Hilal! I didn't know any of them before you've posted them. Reza II was a beatiful boy and young man...Today he is...somewhat fat, but a worthy "in exhile" Shah.

Great pics, Hilal! I didn't know any of them before you've posted them. Reza II was a beatiful boy and young man...Today he is...somewhat fat, but a worthy "in exhile" Shah.
:welcome:
Thank you. Unfortunately I sent the pictures wrong thread.

Was the Shah infiel to Farah?

HellO!! I have read it in some books. What do you think about that?

One of the books is the memoires of Alam, one of the best and close friend of the Shah.

I have read that the Shah didn't want sex, he wanted company, to talk or only to drink champagne.

Regards!

All is not memories of Alam, the book is by by Asadollah Alam and Alinaghi Alikhani, some part of the book I true and perhaps memories of Alam, but not all of it. Alam did not know everything happening inside the Imperial family and their private life. Don’t believe everything you read :)

But the book is the diary of Alam, the introductions of the years aren't by Alam, but the entries are written by Alam.
And, in "The lifes and times of the Shah", by Gholam Afkhami, you can read that the Shah had "female friends" and that Farah suffered a lot with that, specially in 1973.

Regards!

Alam died in 1978, before the revolution, and the book was edited by Alam’s friend Alikhani, and the book was released just few years ago, according to many the book is not all from Alam’s diaries. You can read more about it at Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asadollah_Alam

The Shah probably had “female friends” as many other royals, statesmen, famous and infamous men, the Empress said in the movie “The Queen and I” that she know about the rumors that the shah had “female friends” but that the shah always treated her with respect, dignity and love, and sure there were women that tried to come close to the shah even when she was whit him and he always pushed them away, she had not seen anything herself.
Regards!

Ok! Thanks for the info!
I think that the Shah was a loyal man, he wasn't a "playboy" as a lot of magazines said.
Regards!

Surprised

in all the books written by Shah's generals and friends you can read this story.
she was a student and engaged to her cousin who supported her,once she started seeing another man he stopped supporting her,so she left paris for a while to do something for her living(her father was dead and hadnt left anything but loans and her mom was a tailor).
in Tehran she was told that General Zahedi is very generous to girls who surrender themselves to him,as a last resort she tried that.
Zahedi and his father were very powerful and had helped shah a lot in coup-detat and shah was supposed to be indebted to them,actually he was a weak man who didnt want to admit this and the fact that the he couldnt make right desicions without help of them.also he was jealous that CIA trusted Zahedi more and besides he'd kept shah's daughter as a hostage!and that weakend shah's postion more and more.
on the other side Zahedi didnt like the ignorence and selfishness of Shah,after a quarrel,to ruin his false pride,he decided to humiliate him with choosing shah a wife who'd slept with Zahedi before,so he interduced the two to each other,and pushed shah into this marriage by saying that "this girl isnt from a noble family like your previous wives so isnt going to expect much of you and will be a homebody person,wont nagg if you have misstresses,wont interfere with your decisions,will have no power and will only bring up her children.she isnt beautifull so the chances of her having affair with other men is less,poor people wont rebel against you if you marry on of them..."so shah accepted.Zahedi was the worst of husbands,threatening Shahnaz to death if she opens her mouth.
during years very geniunly Zahedi spread the secret through courtiers and army generals,and as one night in a party in his villa named Hesarak he'd shown Farah to his friends,everyone started to whisper about Farah,soon she became unpopluar.
Shah begged him to go away and to divorce her daughter,Zahedi who had insulted Shah in the best way possible agreed and left for USA as an ambassador with a winning smile.
this the brief story of what I've heard and read.
:hmm: Well, cute-girl, I have to say I am surprised to read this, specially as Farah was raised up by nuns in a catholic school. However, no matter how she behaved when she was young, she now gives a great example of a courageous, elegant and heartful woman :flowers:

Yes Farahjoy, Her Majesty talks about this in her book of memories.

Fascinating, and salutary...

I remember watching TV coverage of this, as an 11 year old in London, and being captivated by the image presented of the history of the Persian Empire, and its people. It seemed [as was intended] to be almost impossbly glamorous...

Today marks the fortieth anniversary of the fall of the 2500-year old Persian monarchy.
Although not officially abolished until the Islamic Republic was declared on 31 March 1979 in reality the monarchy fell when the Shah and his family left Teheran on this day in 1979.
The intent, as decided in agreement with the newly appointed Prime minister Bakhtiar, was for the Imperial family to go on "holiday" for three months after which a referendum was to be held to decide between a monarchy or a republic, but because of events getting out of hand for the regime this never happened.
With Khomeini returning to Iran on the 1st of February & the army declaring itself neutral on the 11th of February this signalled both the end of the Imperial regime & the end to the prospect of a democratic republic.

https://www.news18.com/amp/news/wor...-the-shah-who-fled-iran-40-years-2001273.html

Last edited:
Forty years ago today, amid tearful loyalists, the Shah left Iran for the last time. As is always the case when monarchies fall, horror, misery, and oppression far worse than any King's lay ahead.
How much longer? #JavidShah

Attachments

• shah.jpg
    shah.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 146
Today in Royal History is the 39th Death Anniversary of Shahanshah Mohammed Reza Pahlavi, the last Shah of the Iranian Monarchy.

Coronation of Mohammed Reza Pahlavi, Shah of Iran:

Back
Top Bottom