HGD Guillaume and HGD Stéphanie, Current Events 3: May 2014 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TRH look fantastic. They seem to have matched their outfits.;):p

The HGD couple visited the Luxembourg Pavilion at the 57th Biennial of Contemporary Art in Venice on May 12th, which also includes visits to Belgium and Scotland's pavilions. Their visit continues tomorrow to the Venetian Arsenal.

Der Luxemburger Pavillon | Tageblatt

The HGD couple, with Prime Minister Xavier Bettel, will support Luxembourg’s audio visual production sector by attending the 70th Cannes Film Festival. They will attend opening night and the traditional Luxembourg day on May 18th. It’s also the 15th anniversary of Luxembourg’s participation in the International Village of the festival.

Le Luxembourg fête sa 15e participation au Village International dans le cadre du 70e Festival de Cannes - gouvernement.lu // L’actualité du gouvernement du Luxembourg

Last edited:
Reactions: eya
So when is the Octave? Is it this weekend?

So when is the Octave? Is it this weekend?

Octave runs from the third to fifth weekends following Easter. This year it started may 6 and will end on the 21st. The main events we see the family out for commonly surround the closing of the octave which is next weekend.

Ok...so the Closing of the Octave is when we see the GD Family.

Thanks Countessmeout. :)

Stephanie has had one of her best weeks fashion wise imho. Love the jumpsuit. She looks great in vibrant colours.

[...]
PressReader.com has Point de Vue’s articles on Guillaume and Stephanie. Appears to be focused on their support for the arts, such as “De Mains de Maîtres” exhibition in December. (Nice photos although I found the site a bit awkward. Scrolling horizontally instead of the usual vertical scrolling)

PressReader - Point de Vue: 2017-04-19 - Guillaume et Stéphanie de Luxembourg

[...]

A more readable version and allows for Google translate...
Guillaume et Stéphanie de Luxembourg: "Notre pays regorge de merveilles" - Point de Vue

The couple regularly visits Léa Linster's tea room and restaurant.
Chef Léa Linster was responsible for the menu at their wedding reception.
There was a miscommunication so the reception had 200 more guests than expected. The newlyweds didn't get much to eat, everything was gone by 3pm, and had to order pizzas.

They're interested in circular economy, promoting Luxembourg's craftspeople, and culture. A branch of the Lannoy family used to own Château de Clervaux; Stephanie visited Clervaux when she was about 6 years old and it was her first contact with Luxembourg.

and the 2016 piece for Stephanie's birthday:
Les confidences exclusives de Stéphanie de Luxembourg - Point de Vue

HGD Guillaume and HGD Stephanie are in San Marino May 29 - June 1 for the 17th Games of the Small States of Europe (JPEE). Judoka Manon Durbach carried Luxembourg's flag at the opening ceremony. The HGD couple met IOC President Thomas Bach; Prince Albert of Monaco also attended.

Piccoli Giochi sind eröffnet | Tageblatt

Luxemburger Wort - Ein wahres Fest

Luxemburger Wort - «Bienvenue où tout a commencé!»

Un stade comble pour lancer en beauté les JPEE

Luxemburger Wort - Durbach als Fahnenträgerin

http://images.newmedia.lu/rtl2008.lu/nt/p/2017/05/30/00/5f95e97972259aa39a7f4bb8677e53e0.jpeg

Last edited:
Guillaume et Stéphanie de Luxembourg: "Notre pays regorge de merveilles" - Point de Vue

There was a miscommunication so the reception had 200 more guests than expected. The newlyweds didn't get much to eat, everything was gone by 3pm, and had to order pizzas.

They're interested in circular economy, promoting Luxembourg's craftspeople, and culture. A branch of the Lannoy family used to own Château de Clervaux; Stephanie visited Clervaux when she was about 6 years old and it was her first contact with Luxembourg.

After all that 4-star gourmet food that was served, Guillaume and Stephanie missed out and ended up having pizza on their wedding night?!:lol:

I didn't know that Clervaux Castle was once owned by the de Lannoys. For some reason Catherine de Medicis comes to mind when I hear the name "Clervaux"....or maybe I am thinking of Clermont....?

Pizza is always the best when it comes to last resort food!

:previous: Yes, it always tastes best when one is famished as Stephanie related she and her new husband must have been after being on their feet all afternoon and greeting their guests.

I hope they at least got some of their wedding cake!:sad:

Last edited:

Hahaha, pizza! Love that!

After all that 4-star gourmet food that was served, Guillaume and Stephanie missed out and ended up having pizza on their wedding night?!:lol:

I didn't know that Clervaux Castle was once owned by the de Lannoys. For some reason Catherine de Medicis comes to mind when I hear the name "Clervaux"....or maybe I am thinking of Clermont....?

Are you thinking Charmont? That was Catherine's estate when her husband was alive. Though she forced Diane to change homes with her after Henry died.

Clervaux seems to have been aquired in the mid sixteen hundreds by the Lannoys. Though used it for political reasons as well. It was left in near ruins by WWII and state aquired it, restoring it. It seems to have left Lannoy hands some decades earlier.

Are you thinking Charmont? That was Catherine's estate when her husband was alive. Though she forced Diane to change homes with her after Henry died.

Clervaux seems to have been aquired in the mid sixteen hundreds by the Lannoys. Though used it for political reasons as well. It was left in near ruins by WWII and state aquired it, restoring it. It seems to have left Lannoy hands some decades earlier.

THANK YOU Countessmeout! I was indeed thinking of Chaumont. You are right Chaumont was the lair of Catherine de Medicis. Rumor is that there was a creepy room in the tower where she practiced black arts, and when her husband died she forced his lover Diane de Poitiers to move out of Chenonceaux and go live at Chaumont!:lol::sad:

The Lannoys have a fascinating genealogy. Their influence reaches quite literally all over the Continent, it seems.

:previous: Guillaume's affiliation with Kriezberg goes back many years. I love it when he and Stephanie visit them. The photos are always poignant and lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom