hello everyone :) from Chris

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chrisf

City
Allentown
Country
United States
hello everyone :)

i got really interested in this forum, as a geneaologist researching the family i have been adopted into and also my biologfical family wich i was finally blessed to know almost 20 years ago. Royal family trees can be quite a gold mine for family historians especially when i researched for my biological mom's family and found it is with surnames like francoeur, beauvilliers, frontenac, bru, lambert, hurley, masse and grimaldi among its past. My favourite royalty are the grimaldis and the house of bourbon, two houses that been through adversity and emerged strong as ever and may just be relatives of mine, still researching. The family stories of the royal family tree as a whole are amazing and very telling of european society yesterday and today and hopefully still written for many years tommorow. I found it awe inspiring and fun. I hope to enjoy my time here. see ya soon :) Chris

:welcome: I hope you enjoy your time here.

:welcome:
Enjoy your time here :flowers:

Welcome, Chris! :flowers:
The Bourbons have always fascinated me as well.

Hello, Chris, and welcome to the forums. With such interests as yours, I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here.

When i researched the house of bourbon and got a hold of a few books from the library on the memoirs written. It really hit me hard how the revolutionaries treated people, I understand the politics of the time. A lot of poeple these days can relate. As these people could be related to me in some way, My interest was increased and learned about the particular actors of the political strife during the Terror. The king in my opinion did not deserve to die, In so far i read in court papers from the era, he was known to be charitable and kind to people, and he did help in the formation of our country. I am a very proud descendant and proud french american.

Hi, Chris. Welcome. :wave:

Back
Top Bottom