Harry & Meghan: Tour of Australia, Fiji, Tonga and New Zealand - October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably they'll do the same after this one. Commemorative stamps are money-makers.
They go to Roturoa tomorrow. Pity there won't be time for a dip in the hot springs there! It's a very pretty place.

Video:
Meghan greeting the crowds-

I think Meghan may know Hannah. Very nice.

Yep Hannah is a huge fan of Meghan when she was in Suits and has either met Meghan before or I believe Meghan sent her a video message or something. Hannah was one of her fans Meghan interacted with on social media.

It's lovely that Meghan was able to remember her and continue to encourage her.

Last edited:
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/e...k=36fbb7ccd4c2c46cc6e1c4afac736080-1540905850

The Duke of Sussex was on a walkabout at Auckland’s Viaduct Harbour when he stopped to chat to six-year-old Otia Nante, whose unnamed mother recently took her life.

“Everything will be OK — look at me,” Prince Harry told the child as he explained to the boy how important grandparents were.

Witnesses reported how the Duke referred to wife Meghan Markle as he consoled the child. “I have met this amazing woman and I have now married her,” he said.

Mrs Nante, who now looks after her grandson, said: “Harry just said ‘everything will be fine, you will grow up to be strong and positive’.”

he offered Mrs Nante words of support.

“You’re doing a great job, Nan,” he said. “Nans are so important in our lives.”

So, it appears that Kiwis were trying to outdo Aussies on the walkabout yesterday. :lol:

Remember the flowers that Harry joked with someone that they can't give flowers that big to his wife? Well, we got bigger. So big in fact, it took two police officers to carry it, and they had to decide what to do with it.

Jamie Samhan

@JamieSamhan
Follow Follow @JamieSamhan
More
Meanwhile...these officers aren't sure how to handle this bouquet of flowers #RoyalVisitNZ

Remember the group that sang Stand By Me? We got Suits theme song, with a band.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/e...k=36fbb7ccd4c2c46cc6e1c4afac736080-1540905850

The Duke of Sussex was on a walkabout at Auckland’s Viaduct Harbour when he stopped to chat to six-year-old Otia Nante, whose unnamed mother recently took her life.

“Everything will be OK — look at me,” Prince Harry told the child as he explained to the boy how important grandparents were.

Witnesses reported how the Duke referred to wife Meghan Markle as he consoled the child. “I have met this amazing woman and I have now married her,” he said.

Mrs Nante, who now looks after her grandson, said: “Harry just said ‘everything will be fine, you will grow up to be strong and positive’.”

he offered Mrs Nante words of support.

“You’re doing a great job, Nan,” he said. “Nans are so important in our lives.”
I read that on Twitter yesterday. I did sniffle a bit at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The little boy who lost his mom, wow. Touches my heart to see Harry with him, :sad:

Hannah is so sweet. Not surprised Meghan remembered her, she has a lot in common with Harry in that. Sweet they got to meet.

The scenery has been amazing buy the best part of this tour has been seeing and hearing these two really connect with the people they meet along the way.

Just heard there was a major earthquake. Happy the couple were not affected. Hoping for the health and safety of the people of NZ,

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-30/new-zealand-rocked-by-earthquake-near-new-plymouth/10446836

Last edited:
Last day. It has been such an amazing tour.

I'm sad to see the tour end but I'm exhausted! I've loved everything about this tour. I'm glad that after months of bullying and negativity from the UK press, we see the overwhelming love from the world. I can't wait to see where they go next. I hope they take a well deserved break!

I'm sad to see the tour end but I'm exhausted! I've loved everything about this tour. I'm glad that after months of bullying and negativity from the UK press, we see the overwhelming love from the world. I can't wait to see where they go next. I hope they take a well deserved break!

As happy as I am to see them everyday, I need some beauty rest. :lol:

I think they'll likely take a much deserved break. Doubt we'll see them until Remembrance events start up. Meghan likely only the main remembrance event(s) that we typically see the women attend. Harry might have a couple more.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex braving the rain in Aauckland

Melissa Davies
Melissa Davies
@MelissaDaviesNZ
Te Arawa issue press release saying Meghan is a “role model for Maori. She has shown you can succeed, make a difference and be your own person while also celebrating your heritage. This inspires us all” #royaltournz #HarryandMeghan

The scale of the welcome given to the Sussexes was well above anything we were all expecting. It was beautiful, powerful and humbling to watch.

The diplomatic advising on this trip also seems to be on point:

Melissa Davies
Melissa Davies
@MelissaDaviesNZ
Wow impressive mihi from Prince Harry - saying the korowai cloak will be “a taonga cherished in our family”

The use of native language by the Sussexes in their speeches in New Zeland was commended by the PM Jacinda Ardern

"Speaking Māori at the beginning of speeches and at the end, actually that shows a level of respect for New Zealand that hasn’t gone unnoticed here and is really appreciated”

They named two baby chicks. Harry named one Tihei (Life) and Meghan named one Koha (Gift).

Guess these are out for baby names? :lol:

No, they have gone on the list! What a packed tour this has been and this couple are still working through their last day, and not on auto-pilot either. They've been marvellous I think.

Melissa Davies
Melissa Davies
@MelissaDaviesNZ
Te Arawa issue press release saying Meghan is a “role model for Maori. She has shown you can succeed, make a difference and be your own person while also celebrating your heritage. This inspires us all” #royaltournz #HarryandMeghan

One thing this tour has proven to me is that we need way more diversity in royal reporters.

They named two baby chicks. Harry named one Tihei (Life) and Meghan named one Koha (Gift).

Guess these are out for baby names? :lol:

I believe tihei means sneeze in Maori not life. ;)

Love the photos of them visiting the program.

Great end to the tour. Been a long but great tour. And their involvement with the people has not slowed down one bit.

I believe tihei means sneeze in Maori not life. ;)

I guess the royal correspondents were wrong. :lol:

They have arrived at the Redwood tree walk.

This is it, folks! Last engagement of the monster tour!

During the walkabout today, a toddler got past the barrier and walked towards Harry. Harry tried to walk the child back towards the direction he came from while asking “whose child is this?”.?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom