Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I took the team to mean hair person nd makeup person, not the whole hair team and makeup team. :lol: Although, she might need multiple people considering it won’t be just her. The last wedding I was a bridesmaid at had two make up artist and the wedding wasn’t even until 4 or 5 in the afternoon. We had to start at 9 to make sure we all finished on time although we did finish in the early afternoon.

But this is a British royal wedding, and not likely to be more then 2 people needing made up (Meghan and her maid of honor). The majority of the bridal party will be little girls. The girls will need their hair done, but it is possible they will have a second person come in and do the girls and possibly MOH.

But this is a British royal wedding, and not likely to be more then 2 people needing made up (Meghan and her maid of honor). The majority of the bridal party will be little girls. The girls will need their hair done, but it is possible they will have a second person come in and do the girls and possibly MOH.

The wedding is also likely to be early though. Unless they are going to start getting ready really early in the morning. We don’t know if she’ll actually only have one adult in the bridal party. I suspect it might be likely, but you never know. How do you choose between your really good friends? :lol: Her mom’s make up and hair will likely be done too by a professional.

They might also have two people scheduled to be there just in case to avoid some kind of emergency or whatever could go wrong.

Last edited:
The wedding is also likely to be early though. Unless they are going to start getting ready really early in the morning. We don’t know if she’ll actually only have one adult in the bridal party. I suspect it might be likely, but you never know. How do you choose between your really good friends? :lol: Her mom’s make up and hair will likely be done too by a professional.

They might also have two people scheduled to be there just in case to avoid some kind of emergency or whatever could go wrong.

Its not likely she will break too much with tradition and have more adults. But who knows.

11am wedding is most likely. Two people is pretty much a given. The person doing Meghan's hair will be busy with hair, tiara, veil and such on a big day. Another hairdresser to do the MOH and possibly MOB and the flower girls makes sense. No need to be up at 6am doing it all.

I took the team to mean hair person nd makeup person, not the whole hair team and makeup team. :lol: Although, she might need multiple people considering it won’t be just her. The last wedding I was a bridesmaid at had two make up artist and the wedding wasn’t even until 4 or 5 in the afternoon. We had to start at 9 to make sure we all finished on time although we did finish in the early afternoon.

That is how I took it as well. Her wanting the person who has made her look great for x number of years seems like a no brainer to me. And again that person will hardly be the only one. Just the one focused on Meghan. There will be a tons of people on hand that day, as expected. It is all about making Meghan comfortable on what will be the happiest but also most stressful days of her life.

Its not likely she will break too much with tradition and have more adults. But who knows.

11am wedding is most likely. Two people is pretty much a given. The person doing Meghan's hair will be busy with hair, tiara, veil and such on a big day. Another hairdresser to do the MOH and possibly MOB and the flower girls makes sense. No need to be up at 6am doing it all.

Having adult bridesmaids is actually not breaking with tradition. The Queen had all adult/teenager bridesmaids. So if she wanted that, I don’t see that as a problem. Or multiple child and multiple adults instead of all child. Not saying this would happen, just that it’s not a break from tradition.

And they would actually have to be up quite early for 11, especially if there will be photos taken prior to her leaving. I imagine her friends and mom will be there with her while she gets ready and they’d want to take pictures to remember. They are likely to air on the safe side and have one person devote to Meghan’s makeup and another for others just in case. Its not a day to rush. Of course, that’s just me speculating from a logistical standpoint. They probably won’t have all the kids there until later for obvious reasons. :lol:

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see if the bridemaids will be adults or children. I am leaning on kids. I would guess it will be Jessica and Benita's daughters and then Harry's side will supply the rest.

Having adult bridesmaids is actually not breaking with tradition. The Queen had all adult/teenager bridesmaids. So if she wanted that, I don’t see that as a problem. Or multiple child and multiple adults instead of all child. Not saying this would happen, just that it’s not a break from tradition.

And they would actually have to be up quite early for 11, especially if there will be photos taken prior to her leaving. I imagine her friends and mom will be there with her while she gets ready and they’d want to take pictures to remember. They are likely to air on the safe side and have one person devote to Meghan’s makeup and another for others just in case. Its not a day to rush. Of course, that’s just me speculating from a logistical standpoint. They probably won’t have all the kids there until later for obvious reasons. :lol:

Since the queen married 70 years ago, the tradition in the last decades has been for child wedding parties. Though the queen had a few young adults, they were all young unmarried women.

Taking photos to 'remember' are usually done in the process. And as I said, I am sure there will be one person for Meghan and one to help with her MOH and likely MOA. I doubt she will have a gaggle of girls there, that are not in her wedding party, they will likely be at their hotels getting ready themselves. Normally its only the bridal party, and MOB sometimes, who they have stylists come for, not wedding guests.

It will be interesting to see if the bridemaids will be adults or children. I am leaning on kids. I would guess it will be Jessica and Benita's daughters and then Harry's side will supply the rest.

Perhaps, or they may do even numbers. They both have kids in their lives. The assumptions that the wedding party will be heavy in royal children, are just that, assumptions.

This is the one time I look at Edward's wedding. Age wise Harry and Meghan are similar to Edward and Sophie. They are at an age where many of their friends have children, and Harry at least has godkids. They don't have to rely heavily simply on family members like Will and Kate.

Last edited:
You are right. They might be very even. Meghan has the three we know she is close to but there could be others we have no idea. I am sure they will create balance between them. It is both their day. They will figure it out.

I do wonder of Jessica will take over the MOH duties. I used to think maybe Lindsey but she will have a baby and it seems Jessica has been her right hand all this time. Less stress that way since this is what she does all the time.

Since the queen married 70 years ago, the tradition in the last decades has been for child wedding parties. Though the queen had a few young adults, they were all young unmarried women.

Taking photos to 'remember' are usually done in the process. And as I said, I am sure there will be one person for Meghan and one to help with her MOH and likely MOA. I doubt she will have a gaggle of girls there, that are not in her wedding party, they will likely be at their hotels getting ready themselves. Normally its only the bridal party, and MOB sometimes, who they have stylists come for, not wedding

My point is, someone had to break THAT tradition. And given its just the last generation, it doesn’t seem to be much of a tradition anyways. And the press office did say it’s going to reflect what they want. If she wants her besties there, there is nothing standing in the way or shocking with adult bridesmaids.

And a lot of American weddings do take photographs with everyone in the bridal room after they have all gotten ready as well as while getting ready. It wouldn’t surprise me if people like Benita and Lindsey comes in to hang out with them and see if there is anything they can do to help or just talk to her to calm her nerves while she’s getting ready. I’ve seen that in wedding here, especially with a small bridal party (I’m not counting the kids here since they can’t really help her get ready). If they all decide to pose for a few photos afterwards, especially with the kids, it could take a bit. 11 is quite early compared to other weddings. It’s all little things, but it all adds up in terms of time. Wouldn’t be surprised if all the ladies start early.

You are right. They might be very even. Meghan has the three we know she is close to but there could be others we have no idea. I am sure they will create balance between them. It is both their day. They will figure it out.

I do wonder of Jessica will take over the MOH duties. I used to think maybe Lindsey but she will have a baby and it seems Jessica has been her right hand all this time. Less stress that way since this is what she does all the time.

Meghan has said she’s closest to Sarah Rafferty and Rick Hoffman on the show, and they both have age appropriate children. However, I don’t know how comfortable they’d be with their kids being in this much spotlight, especially Rick since he doesn’t post that many pictures of his son on social media either. They both have a lot of options, but it’ll come down to if the parents are comfortable with level of attention and if the child is ok with walking down the aisle with hundreds of people watching (some gets shy).

Last edited by a moderator:
There is one thing about hair and make-up, of all the royal weddings that I have seen and maybe I missed it, I have never seen the bride stand at the alter with all the cameras and the crew there filming her, lights action camera, that did not happen ever that I have seen. So for the bride to have hair and make-up done it should be done by professionals that are aware of the church and the venue where the wedding is taking place. This is not a Hollywood TV show being filmed with a crew of make-up artists standing around waiting for the next scene so they can touch up the bride.......this is a royal wedding of a young woman going into one of the oldest and most revered families in the world. It should be treated with dignity and respect as such.

:previous: I’m not sure how using a makeup artist she has worked with for years is disrespecting the instituation she’s marrying into? Or how it’s not treating it with dignity. In order to understand what they need to do, they would obviously know what the plans and atmosphere will be and what look the bride wants. Again, most well established makeup artists have done work with entertainment industry. I’m not sure how many you can find that hasn’t. Unless they royal family has their own exclusive club that I’m not aware of?

It’s the same as her working with Jessica to pick out her wedding dress.

Last edited:
:previous: I’m not sure how using a makeup artist she has worked with for years is disrespecting the instituation she’s marrying into? Or how it’s not treating it with dignity. In order to understand what they need to do, they would obviously know what the plans and atmosphere will be and what look the bride wants. Again, most well established makeup artists have done work with entertainment industry. I’m not sure how many you can find that hasn’t. Unless they royal family has their own exclusive club that I’m not aware of?

It’s the same as her working with Jessica to pick out her wedding dress.
This is not within the *entertainment industry* is what I am saying, it is being talked about as if it was a TV show with make-up and hair standing around on a minutes notice..........this is a royal wedding and should be treated as such. Have all these so call established make-up artists done royal weddings? Have they traveled to the churches and check out the lighting, the windows, the time of day of the ceremony, to view the hundreds of people there and all the wedding decorations to see how it would effect the make-up of the bride? If so please let me know......it is not the same is what I am trying to say again. Yes there will be filming yet it will be done very discretely so as not to interfere with the wedding. I would assume that Meghan knows her face very well and what works and doesn't work for her and will do what is best for the wedding, she is a beauty no doubt about that so I would hope things are kept to a low roar when preparing for the actual wedding instead of the loud roar I see here for her sake and peace of mind.

I'm sorry, but if a make-up artist is good, then they know how to accommodate venues, lighting, occasion--it is disrespectful of their professional training and abilities to imply that because one of their jobs was to do makeup for a TV show they can't do anything else.
They will know how to do makeup so it looks as good in person as it does in the video and photographs that will be flashed around the world and live on.

Last edited:
As I have stated before and it was deleted, any opinion here that differs from what else is given is not welcome. I am not disrespecting anyone here, or any make-up artist either. Not all people know everything here as some think they do. I ask questions on how they should or would view doing a royal wedding, not a TV show. Done with the club of Harry and Meghan.:whistling:

This is not within the *entertainment industry* is what I am saying, it is being talked about as if it was a TV show with make-up and hair standing around on a minutes notice..........this is a royal wedding and should be treated as such. Have all these so call established make-up artists done royal weddings? Have they traveled to the churches and check out the lighting, the windows, the time of day of the ceremony, to view the hundreds of people there and all the wedding decorations to see how it would effect the make-up of the bride? If so please let me know......it is not the same is what I am trying to say again. Yes there will be filming yet it will be done very discretely so as not to interfere with the wedding. I would assume that Meghan knows her face very well and what works and doesn't work for her and will do what is best for the wedding, she is a beauty no doubt about that so I would hope things are kept to a low roar when preparing for the actual wedding instead of the loud roar I see here for her sake and peace of mind.

At no point did I suggest she has them right there with her ready to touch up at any moment. That’s obviously never going to happen. It’s always been talked about in the context of them getting ready elsewhere. In fact, there are other conversations surrounding that going on. So you obviously made some assumptions about us merely suggesting they’d know what would work well through a TV screen. I’m simply saying they’d know well what types of products to use that would reflect the lighting well on TV, and how products reflect does make a difference. I have no doubt given these people’s background they would take into consideration of lights and venue like any good makeup artist would. It’s quite a no brainer really. If she uses another makeup artist, they’d start at the same point with venue and lighting and such. But with someone who has worked with her for years, they’d be able to know who works best for her with all of that with more ease because they already Have experience working with her and trying out various things on her.

Of course Meghan knows her face well, but that doesn’t mean a new makeup artist would. It takes time, and she’s got lots of things going on with a big wedding like this. If there is something she can do to worry about it less, why wouldn’t she do it?

As I have stated before and it was deleted, any opinion here that differs from what else is given is not welcome. I am not disrespecting anyone here, or any make-up artist either. Not all people know everything here as some think they do. I ask questions on how they should or would view doing a royal wedding, not a TV show. Done with the club of Harry and Meghan.:whistling:

You had two posts disagreeing and addressing the holes in the point you made, I’m not sure why the dramatics. Going back and forth and discussing different parts of an argument is basis of a discussion. Kind of defeats the purpose of a discussion board if you didn’t want to have an open conversation when other disagree with your point. And quite frankly your initial post did read a bit disrespectful to them by talking about needing to be more respectful and maintain dignity. Which later was clarified as in you saw what we said as they’d be right there with her in church finishing her makeup, which has now been clarified as no one suggested such a thing.

Last edited:
Good lord. My fault.. I said I hoped she didn’t use Suits make up and hair. I stand by that I’m not being disrespectful etc etc. everyone has different areas of artistic work as has been explained. They are royal and religious vows it isn’t about the cameras etc. Anyway just my thoughts which I think I’m able to have or maybe not !

Good lord. My fault.. I said I hoped she didn’t use Suits make up and hair. I stand by that I’m not being disrespectful etc etc. everyone has different areas of artistic work as has been explained. They are royal and religious vows it isn’t about the cameras etc. Anyway just my thoughts which I think I’m able to have or maybe not !

To be clear, we didn’t say you were being disrepspectful. That started when someone later said the argument against using her Suits makeup artist and talked about this is a royal wedding and it needs to be treated with respect and dignity in the same post.

But it is indeed a royal wedding. Anyway we will probably never know who did her makeup and hair
But whoever does her hair better know a fair bit about tiaras there is no take 2 and they are tricky

If there are very little kids, like Charlotte and Ivy, there will have to be an adult to direct them.
For Kate's wedding, Pippa held the two tiny girls by the hand for much of it; then Kate helped out for Pippa.

I think it is more likely Meghan will have a range of ages.

Not really sure what you mean. This is no different than a set. Most make up artists travel to all sorts of locations and adapt to what is needed via the lighting. That would be for anyone who has worked in that profession. Everything you mention would run through literally any skilled make up artist' mind. So her hiring the one who she is the most comfortable to the overall team makes a lot of sense. They know Meghan better than anyone the palace would hire so a collaboration would be perfect overall.

If Meghan has a makeup artist and hairdresser that she has worked with for a number of years do her hair and makeup for her wedding, I don't think anyone should be concerned that they also worked on a television series. If they are good at their jobs, and we have no reason to suspect they aren't, they will use their skill and talents on Meghan and enhance her natural loveliness. And I would suspect the wedding day will not be the the trial run of makeup and hairdo, so if a tiara is part of the hairdo, they will know how to make it work.

In addition, the make up artist and hairdresser from Suits will likely be invited to the wedding along with the cast and maybe the crew. Win win all around.

I think people are incorrectly confusing make-up artists' abilities with make-up artists' styles.
Common sense tells us that the style of make-up that will be used by Meghan on her wedding day will be different from the style of make-up she used while on the set of Suits - this will be the case whether her wedding day make-up is applied by a Suits make-up artist or someone else.

Besides her bridal bouquet do you think that Meghan will carry a prayer book?

Meghan is not just likely, I can assert with certainty, but probably perfectly capable of doing her own make-up for her wedding. :cool: Actors all have that skill. What is getting conflated is the make-up demands under various lighting conditions when filming outdoors/indoors for a film or television show, the fact that after several run-throughs, make-up may need a touch-up (and no actor is going to run to their dressing room to get that done, hence the make-up artist on set, plus there are continuity issues).

All that said, I could see having consultations with those with expertise, and even having help on the big day. Why not?
Fun all round in my book. :flowers:

Last edited:
I just hope, no matter who does her makeup for the wedding, that she elects to let her freckles shine through. She loves her freckles! :D

Considering that Meghan's makeup looks noticeably different when she isn't on the show, I'm not buying the report of her using the Suits makeup crew (nor am do I buy most of what was in that GMA segment).

Considering that Meghan's makeup looks noticeably different when she isn't on the show, I'm not buying the report of her using the Suits makeup crew (nor am do I buy most of what was in that GMA segment).

Yes, and make-up on 'Suits' was creating a character. :flowers: Make-up for a red-carpet event is also different. Everyday make-up has a very different purpose.

I could see Meghan using as little make-up as possible everyday precisely because it's healthier and less time-consuming (and so much more people friendly, especially when one is going to be hugging children or being up close a natural face is so much more pleasant).

What she decides to do for formal occasions (and the wedding is such) will be be interesting to see. She could go somewhat natural but not entirely. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom