Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While certainly more popular (likely color wise) as a fall wedding flower, mums are available all year around. Wouldn't categorize them as untraditional, lilies either, for weddings.

https://www.theknot.com/content/symbolic-wedding-flower-meanings

Aren't they usually more rich in color? I still think we are going to see softer colors in the church. Now, the reception is obviously fair game. Although, given what we've seen from Meghan's IG on flowers, I'd say mums might not make the cut.

I'd bet my last dollar that peonies will play a large part in the arrangements.

So a few tabloids, DM and the Daily something, have said in the past few days that Harry does not want Michael Fawcett to be his wedding reception arranger at Windsor.

During the same time frame, there was tabloid reporting straight from Verbier, a breathless account of an anonymous person seeing Harry's protection officers in a restaurant, which led to speculation of the Duke and DUCHESS of York gifting Harry with a stag do at their hillside chalet.

I have a feeling that all of this is a surprise to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.

So a few tabloids, DM and the Daily something, have said in the past few days that Harry does not want Michael Fawcett to be his wedding reception arranger at Windsor.

During the same time frame, there was tabloid reporting straight from Verbier, a breathless account of an anonymous person seeing Harry's protection officers in a restaurant, which led to speculation of the Duke and DUCHESS of York gifting Harry with a stag do at their hillside chalet.

I have a feeling that all of this is a surprise to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
LMAO. I'm not sure why Michael Fawcett would be arranging the wedding reception as there are people whose job is supposed to be arranging events. And Michael Fawcett does have his day job.

As for Verbier, they said his RPO was there in 2016 and he was supposed to take Megahn. Didn't happen then either. What we did end up with is William in Verbier dad dancing. :lol: And I doubt the Duchess of York is invited to the wedding, so I'm not sure why it'd be from her and Andrew.

Confused why anyone would suggest Fawcett would even be considered :ermm: Fawcett is the FORMER valet of the Prince of wales, not that I would think Charles' valet would be planning a wedding. He is director for the company that runs the shops at High grove. There is staff at the palace, as well as likely a wedding planner, to over see such.

Of course just the fail trying to drum up drama where there is none. Bring up Fawcett and why he was 'let go' years ago :bang:

As for Verbier, they said his RPO was there in 2016 and he was supposed to take Megahn. Didn't happen then either. What we did end up with is William in Verbier dad dancing. And I doubt the Duchess of York is invited to the wedding, so I'm not sure why it'd be from her and Andrew.

I assume because the house is owned by Sarah and Andrew. And Sarah tends to live there when not in London for events. So giving him the house to use, would technically be from both of them.

It's not totally out of the question. Verbier ski weekends are a popular stag weekend. It would give them more privacy then a hotel. Not saying will happen.

Aren't they usually more rich in color? I still think we are going to see softer colors in the church. Now, the reception is obviously fair game. Although, given what we've seen from Meghan's IG on flowers, I'd say mums might not make the cut.

Yes, that is why mums are more popular for fall weddings. The richer colors fit the color scheme for fall weddings.

Didn't suggest they would be used. Simply answered a question if mums were available for a spring wedding or not. And they are.

While I hope they use color, not all white, I doubt anything very bold in color.

Yes, that is why mums are more popular for fall weddings. The richer colors fit the color scheme for fall weddings.

Didn't suggest they would be used. Simply answered a question if mums were available for a spring wedding or not. And they are.

While I hope they use color, not all white, I doubt anything very bold in color.

I'm hoping for some color too. I know people mentioned the trees at the Cambridge wedding was odd, but I actually liked the fact that there was some color.

I absolutely LOVED Pippa's flowers ...soft, romantic feel to them...gorgeous. If Meghan is going for that style of wedding I wouldn't mind to see that again!

LaRae

Wasn't there a whole fuss not too long ago about how the protection officers now rotate around instead of working consistently with specific members of the family (much to the disappointment of the BRF, who like establishing working relationships with their officers)? So even if a certain officer was in Verbier, we wouldn't really know who was being protected, would we?

What do you think of the bridesmaids carrying baskets of flowers?

What I think would be even more romantic is to have a candlelight ceremony. My bridesmaids carried lit candles in their bouquets and the congregation all had lit candles as I made my entrance on my father's arm.

This would really, really highlight the beauty of a 13th century chapel. :D

Thank sounds lovely Osipi. Must have been beautiful!

What do you think of the bridesmaids carrying baskets of flowers?

Not likely. A bit out dated of a trend, unless throwing petals.

The little ones? I thought they usually do?

Not since the 80's. At least not in royal weddings (and haven't seen it very much in regular, except if flower girl throwing petals). If you look at the Wessex wedding, the Cambridge wedding and any wedding on the continent of royals with young bridesmaids, they carry smaller bouquets. For Kate's, the very little girls seemed to have a little tie, so the bouquets hung from them if they weren't holding on, so they didn't drop them.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/pho...lliam-and-kate-middleton-21534103-426-498.jpg

https://i1.wp.com/www.unofficialroyalty.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/edward-wedding-group.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/06/20/article-1287959-0A1D6475000005DC-251_634x465.jpg

What I think would be even more romantic is to have a candlelight ceremony. My bridesmaids carried lit candles in their bouquets and the congregation all had lit candles as I made my entrance on my father's arm.

This would really, really highlight the beauty of a 13th century chapel.

Sounds lovely in such an old cathedral especially :flowers:

But I am guessing you had adult bridesmaids??? I don't think having little ones like Charlotte carrying candles would be that safe.

Another thing is that perhaps candles would be ruled out as a fire hazard in a historic building. I suppose the little ones could have electronic candles in their bouquets but, to be honest, I've never see that done.

As time passes, I'm looking more and more forward to the actual wedding day. Its really not that far off now. 4 months. :D

I can't remember how far ahead they will say if George and Charlotte will be in the wedding party.

LaRae

Was announced in a tweet in February from Clarence house, before the wedding.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011...nour-bridesmaids-kate-middleton_n_822743.html

As for Pippa's flowers, they remind me too much of her sister's. Even the trees. I hope Meghan goes in a different direction.

Yes in Dec prior to the Wedding....hmmm so no announcement for Harry and Meghan's yet.

I think they are in the same color but they looked different to me, from Kate's.

LaRae

Yes in Dec prior to the Wedding....hmmm so no announcement for Harry and Meghan's yet.

I think they are in the same color but they looked different to me, from Kate's.

LaRae

No, it was announced on Valentine's day. If you look at the original date of the article it says February 14, 2011 (and the tweets were said to be that morning). The article was updated in December, in 2017. So four months out, not shocking we haven't seen any real announcement.

Here is the tweet

Honestly I see little difference between Pippa and Kate's, not just color. Meghan and Kate are going to have enough 'comparisons' without her flowers being a near copy.

I like Pippa's, and they do remind me of Catherine's trees. Not surprising that the two sisters might have similar tastes. I really liked Catherine's trees. Quite unique. :flowers:

Adore Madeleine's color scheme. I always find I like whatever Madeleine chooses. Her taste and mine must coincide. ;)

Sofia's flowers were lovely. There was a nice mass of color as a backdrop.

Mary's flowers were so regal! The effect was dramatic. Really beautiful imo. :flowers:

Poor Mathilde! :huh:

Usually people pick soft and warm color for church wedding but both Victoria's and Mary's are very regal! Love Madeleine's color scheme too.

While I love the flower's color of Sofia, I think it's too much, some green is needed to balance everything.

Can they choose the color of rug? Because the rug of C&C's and Wessexs' wedding are both in blue, and I'm not sure can they change it. If they can't they probably have to choose something goes well with the blue rug (white, purple? or even yellow?).

Ah no, I doubt HM will not be on board with recarpeting the entire church. Blue, strangely, is a very popular colour in CofE Churches. No, that's kind of like "no, you cant move the pulpit!". Point to remember, the wedding is on Saturday and Church is Sunday so nothing too drastic is going to happen.

Blue looks ok great with almost anything:
https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/...ma-King-Willem-Alexander-Wedding-Pictures.jpg
https://www.hellomagazine.com/image...brity-wedding-trains/0-60-395/victoria--a.jpg

The carpet is not permanent. If you look at pictures of the chapel, you will find pictures where the floors are bare with no carpet. I guess it is possible that they could have a different carpet laid down for the wedding.

Picture with no carpet
https://www.bisdomhaarlem-amsterdam.nl/nieuws/2017/20170514_george.jpg

But blue is considered a neutral by many. The color works with most. Unless there is another carpet of another color lying around, I would say they will use blue. I don't see them having new one made simply for the wedding.

Ah no, I doubt HM will not be on board with recarpeting the entire church. Blue, strangely, is a very popular colour in CofE Churches. No, that's kind of like "no, you cant move the pulpit!". Point to remember, the wedding is on Saturday and Church is Sunday so nothing too drastic is going to happen.

Blue looks ok great with almost anything:
https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/...ma-King-Willem-Alexander-Wedding-Pictures.jpg
https://www.hellomagazine.com/image...brity-wedding-trains/0-60-395/victoria--a.jpg

Oh thanks, I ask this because I saw V&D used blue carpet while her parents used red so I am curious can British follow this. But I think the carpet is removable and only used for wedding or other ceremony but not for services?
(I'm not a Catholic and I don't know so much about church so I may be wrong:bang:)

The CoE isn't a Catholic Church any longer so they would do things differently anyway...but if it is the custom in England to use blue as a neutral perhaps even Catholic Churches do that. Here the 'neutral' in Churches (when I was a kid) was red carpet!

LaRae

:previous: Then again, they may very well roll out the carpet for weddings etc. seeing that it seems it's not there all the time. It probably stops the bride from galloping up the aisle pulling even a chapel train and veil. Without the friction from carpet, they'll have a hard time finding a piece of music short enough for the Processional. :D

You can see in this short clip how Mathilde nearly trips while walking down the aisle and up the stairs. It was not just the flower arrangement. The wedding dress itself with the winter coat was also too heavy and I suppose Mathilde was also very nervous.

Seeing the images from her wedding, I can't help longing for the day when Mathilde will wear Queen Élisabeth's art deco diamond tiara again, although I fear that will never happen given her allegedly bad relationship with Queen Paola, who is rumored to have left the tiara to her daughter, Princess Astrid of Belgium.

Last edited:
Meghan's Mirror blog has a page up already counting down the days to May 19th. The page will have features and updates galore as the big day approaches:

Meghan Markle Prince Harry Wedding Details

It's officially 120 days, 5 hours 18 minutes, 20 seconds and counting...
:onering: :heart1: :twohearts:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom