General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 16: August 2016 - December 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Churchillparken by Esplanaden. The road behind Ziggy is the entrance to Kastellet.

Thanks.

Then we are nowhere near the theater. I guess it must be the English Church I mistook for the Royal Theater.

Frederik, Mary and children have been spotted at Fredensborg today :flowers:

A photo of Fredensborg palace and garden was posted on Instagram with a #met the crown prince and Mary with the kids.

So I very well think we can be sure our Crown Prince family spend their Easter vacation in Kancellihuset (their former home) like they did last Easter.

*Thanks to the Crown Princess Mary board.

It's nice they go back to their old home from time to time. Im sure this time of year is lovely and great outdoors for the family.

Do you have picture?

Frederik, Mary and children have been spotted at Fredensborg today :flowers:

A photo of Fredensborg palace and garden was posted on Instagram with a #met the crown prince and Mary with the kids.

So I very well think we can be sure our Crown Prince family spend their Easter vacation in Kancellihuset (their former home) like they did last Easter.

*Thanks to the Crown Princess Mary board.

Can we see the photo?

I'd use my several houses too, if I had them :lol:

Can we see the photo?

"A photo of Fredensborg palace and garden was posted on Instagram with a #met the crown prince and Mary with the kids"

Just a photo of the palace, no F&M in it ;) The guy posting the photo just added the #met the crown prince...."

No, and thank God there isn't photos :flowers:
The local Danes leaves Frederik, Mary and children alone when they bumb into them on the streets. I would for sure also never stop up and take a photo of them. I think 9/10 sees them, smiles to them, and then walk ahead. I will say it is a quite normal Danish behaviour.

And thats probably why they walk so much and easily around in the local streets.

Last edited:
They have announced on Instagram that Ziggy has passed :sad::sad: So sad :sad:

"On Sunday, said the Crown Prince's family bid farewell to their beloved dog Ziggy. The dog has been part of the family for 12 years and was a wedding gift to the royal couple.
Ziggy was a faithful and loving dog, who unfortunately suffered from chronic renal failure and osteoarthritis. Despite this was high quality of life to the last. The photo was taken on Sunday. ? HRH Crown Princess ©"
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSwDtEGjm_H/?taken-by=detdanskekongehus

A very loved family member by the Crown Prince family. :sad:

OH NO!! I loved Ziggy! May he RIP at the rainbow bridge with many tennis balls to run after.

OH NO!! I loved Ziggy! May he RIP at the rainbow bridge with many tennis balls to run after.

Me too. This must be very sad for the children. She has been there in the family all their lives. She greeted Prince Christian coming home from the hospital.

Me too. This must be very sad for the children. She has been there in the family all their lives. She greeted Prince Christian coming home from the hospital.

It is indeed cruel that the lifespan of a dog is so short compared to the normal lifespan of a human. Many kids (and adults) at some point have to deal with the loss of a pet.

I'm sure Ziggy had a good life, kept ever busy keeping an eye on her pack and not least with four lively children to reign in.
That's the best consolation on such a day.

Oh how sad :sad:

I loved Ziggy. What a beautiful last picture of her.
I can't imagne the Crown Prince family without Ziggy :sad:
She was just such a big part it.

It must been so sad for Frederik and Mary, and especially the children. Ziggy has always been a part of their life.

But Ziggy had a wonderful dog-life.
Must she rest in peace :heart:

very sad, ziggy seemed to be such a friendly dog. its hard on the children who don't know life without her.
but death is part of life, i am sure the family will soon have a new dog while keeping in special place in their hearts for ziggy. a new pet will lift spirits and life will go on.

Oh, how sad. The only bad thing about having a dog is knowing you'll have to say good bye to them so soon. Ziggy seemed like a wonderful girl.

I'm sure the children will be upset but probably Mary and Frederik even more so, as they were probably the ones who took care of Ziggy the most. There's nothing quite like the unconditional love and loyalty a dog has for the alpha members of its pack. :(

Having lost several pets myself, I can appreciate how the family is feeling. In time, maybe there will be a new dog for them to love, and be loved in return. Rest in peace, Ziggy. :sad:

Ziggy

I too loved Ziggy. She has been a wonderful part of this family since the beginning. Despite the tears - (& mine) the children need to understand about life and death. This is another of life's learning curves we all go through. I am sure when Fred and Mary feel the time is right another puppy will grace their doorstep to be loved.

Last edited:
Thats sad news. I was very fond of Ziggy and she seemed to be the perfect family dog for the CP family. I loved that she was part of much of their life and included in endless family/official pictures.

Ziggy made her first public appearance I believe when Mary was five months pregnant. She has been there to welcome every baby home. To accompany them to school. Definitely a sad day for the entire family.

Hopefully when their hearts mend a bit, they find a new puppy in need of a loving home.

Last edited:
A wonderful gallery of Ziggy from her beginning to her last day :heart: I felt a tear along the way through the gallery.

Enjoy:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=669258046594948&id=235227816664642

From the site:

Goodbye and sleep sweet Beautiful Beautiful Ziggy (Years 2005-2017) ❤
We on this page were sincere sad when the message from the Crown Prince's family ticked in last night❤ We were genuine sad and we felt we knew Ziggy as she was such a huge part of the Crown Prince family from the beginning.

Ziggy seemed two be the perfect family dog for the Crown Prince's family. She was with them anywhere private, and included in numerous family and official pictures.
Ziggy made her first public appearance when Crown Princess Mary was fem months pregnant with Prince Christian. Ziggy was that there to welcoming all four children welcome home when they was born.

The children have never lived without her. And especially Crown Princess Mary had a obviously special close ties and has shared many things with Ziggy during their many many runs... ❤

Theres some sorrowful days ahead Crown Prince's family. And very sad to imagining we never must see her walking after the family anymore.

But Ziggy lived a long and fantastic dog's life and experienced countless moments and great experiences. Last Sunday she could not take anymore. And Frederik, Mary and children must said farewell to a beloved family member.
Rest in peace Beautiful Ziggy ❤

I am sure the Danish Kennel Club who gifted Mary and Fred the Pup in 2005, will also feel the sadness. It's strange I wouldn't feel the same sadness if one of Prince Henri's dogs passed. It seems that following the Crown Prince couples life for so long and seeing Ziggy in so many family shots -- she is just much more a part of that family. Sorry but I have trouble expressing my thoughts properly at the moment.

I am sure the Danish Kennel Club who gifted Mary and Fred the Pup in 2005, will also feel the sadness. It's strange I wouldn't feel the same sadness if one of Prince Henri's dogs passed. It seems that following the Crown Prince couples life for so long and seeing Ziggy in so many family shots -- she is just much more a part of that family. Sorry but I have trouble expressing my thoughts properly at the moment.

No wonder. We can't feel sadness or sympathy for everyone and everything, so we feel sympathy for people we know and like and who we can relate to.
It's only human. - And it sure beats not feeling any sympathy at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom