General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 8: March - May 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree with your posts. IMHO CP Frederik is Europe's reluctant heir to the throne. I believe that at some time all of his peers from the PoW to the HGD Guillame have had doubts about their future roles, but they have chosen to accept the challenges and responsibilities of their lives. Right now this behavior is in sharp contrast to the other heirs to the throne who have been or are currently on official or state visits. Now they also go on vacation or spend time with friends, but this isn't the first time CP Frederik has been reported partying into the late hours.

I hope that he finds what he is looking for soon. His nation and his family deserve better from him IMHO.:sad:
Excuse me, but aren't you mixing oranges with apples? A private evening with an official event. AFAIK Frederik never was filmed partying while on an official visit. There was a football match and he was celebrating the victory with his friends. How awful! :eek:

To me he comes across as the most sociable and accessable of the cps, with a large circle of friends and a free spirit, very kind, honest and not at all arrogant.
And I don't think that Frederik is reluctant towards the challenges and responsibilities of his life, with one exception: he seems reluctant when it comes to dealing with the media (which is of course one challenge of his life). But I don't think he (still) has a problem with his role as husband and father and heir to the throne.

So I don't see the fuss that this has caused, he's letting off a little bit of steam before the big day of christening his new babies. So what if he is 42 years old, I know men that are much much older that party like prince freddy does. As it has been said that the woman is said to be a friend of his and he was with other company.

I get the feeling that Mary isn't a big party person of getting drunk and wondering back home at 3am. what Freddy does in his personal life is that his personal life and if dumb butt people think its cool to film it and the sell it to the paps then they really need a reality check.

I don't like that the booze & blonde story is still pulling headlines today .. of all days! It's not only in the republican gutter rags, it's also in the normally more restrained tabloid BT. Like my compatriots I believe that it's basically a non-story, but somehow CP Frederik apparently got himself caught in a banal situation which could be abused by people with dubious agendas!

Viv

Imust admit that I fail to see the logic in how the BRF handle invitations to this wedding.

We'll be much wiser - perhaps! - come April 29th. However if only heads of state are invited it stinks of duty invitations dictated by protocol and because a non-invitation could result is strained diplomatic bilateral relations!

Viv, signing off before she's told off :whistling:

Last edited:
BB reporter Trine Larsen recently intercepted CP Frederik i London, where he was attending a meeting. He was apparently asked about the UK royal wedding and said:' No we are not going to the wedding. As they say it's no shame staying away when you're not invited (Danish saying). As far as I know only the heads of state are invited.'
I had a feeling it would turn out like this since the announcement of the Norwegian court.
So does this mean the queen of Denmark (+Prince Henrik) are going to attend the wedding just like their Norwegian counterparts?
Honestly, I find this too much an "honour".

Frederik's very good friend, Jeppe Handwerk has made the very unusual step to call BT and explain:
Hun arbejder i mit firma, og hun er en nær ven af mig og min hustru,
- "She's working in my company and she's a close friend of me and my wife".

This part of the post has caught my attention and now I am wondering why Mr Handwerk felt the need to explain if there is really nothing suspicious in this story . Honestly , I am not sure if this is a succesfull thing to do because even if Fred didn't do anything wrong with this woman , people might start wondering why a close friend felt obliged to clear things up, when this is not usually done and if that means that something is trully wrong. It would be better IMO if he hadn't talk

So does this mean the queen of Denmark (+Prince Henrik) are going to attend the wedding just like their Norwegian counterparts? Honestly, I find this too much an "honour".

I suppose so!

Viv

So I don't see the fuss that this has caused, he's letting off a little bit of steam before the big day of christening his new babies. So what if he is 42 years old, I know men that are much much older that party like prince freddy does. As it has been said that the woman is said to be a friend of his and he was with other company.

I get the feeling that Mary isn't a big party person of getting drunk and wondering back home at 3am. what Freddy does in his personal life is that his personal life and if dumb butt people think its cool to film it and the sell it to the paps then they really need a reality check.

i agree with you. this is making a lot of noise just because he is the crown prince of denmark... if he were a common person like us, we're not speaking 'bout this... like you said, it's his personal life, and he could do whatever he wants with it. i believe mary knew 'bout all this, and the press is makin' a storm in a glass of water... but this affects his crown prince's image(an as a husband and member of the ioc), and the anti-monarchy people knows that, so they are takin' advantage of this situation...

can someone could tell me where i could find the video? i wanna see it...

Last edited:
The blonde has been ID'ed: Nu står blondinen frem - Royale - BT.dk
She is Emilie Jerichau (I believe I know that name from somewhere) and she says to Starlounge:
Jeg kender Kronprinsen igennem min chef, Jeppe Handwerk, som er hans gode ven, fortæller hun til Starlounge.
- Jeg har kendt ham derigennem de sidste fire år, hvor jeg har arbejdet for Jeppe, siger Emilie Jerichau.

- "I know the Crown Prince through my boss, Jeppe Handwerk who is his good friend", she says to Starlounge.
I've known him (Frederik) through him (Handwerk) for the past four year, where I have been working for Jeppe", says Emilie Jerichau.

Last edited:
She is Emilie Jerichau (I believe I know that name from somewhere) and she says to Starlounge:
Jeg kender Kronprinsen igennem min chef, Jeppe Handwerk, som er hans gode ven, fortæller hun til Starlounge.
- Jeg har kendt ham derigennem de sidste fire år, hvor jeg har arbejdet for Jeppe, siger Emilie Jerichau.

- "I know the Crown Prince thorugh my boss, Jeppe Handwerk who is his good friend"m she says to Starlounge.
I've known him (Frederik) through him (Handwerk) for the past four year, where I have been working for Jeppe", says Emilie Jerichau.
Oh, Jerichau... I know that name, just can´t remember from where...

Haha, I don't know much about it either, but I just saw one few days ago and it looked so cute that checked the internet. It looks like a bit blown-up version of the Mini:flowers:

Muhler said:

- "I know the Crown Prince through my boss, Jeppe Handwerk who is his good friend", she says to Starlounge.

Hmmmm I thought maybe she was a random person but since she knows him that raises questions. Poor Mary is correct:(

Excuse me, but aren't you mixing oranges with apples? A private evening with an official event. AFAIK Frederik never was filmed partying while on an official visit. There was a football match and he was celebrating the victory with his friends. How awful! :eek:

To me he comes across as the most sociable and accessable of the cps, with a large circle of friends and a free spirit, very kind, honest and not at all arrogant.
And I don't think that Frederik is reluctant towards the challenges and responsibilities of his life, with one exception: he seems reluctant when it comes to dealing with the media (which is of course one challenge of his life). But I don't think he (still) has a problem with his role as husband and father and heir to the throne.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Hmmmm I thought maybe she was a random person but since she knows him that raises questions. Poor Mary is correct:(

Uh, I think it would be worse if the woman wasn't known to Frederik.

There was clearly a group of people around him who were known to him and that suggests to me that there was nothing seedy going on. Certainly nothing which would compromise his integrity or marriage.

As for the woman in question, she'd best learn to keep her hands to herself. I don't doubt she drank a wee bit much this particular evening but then again, what an excuse it is in defense of over familiarising herself with the Crown Prince.

Still, I think it's about time Frederik realised he isn't 25 and pursued other means of relaxation away from court and family life, when needed.

Last edited:
I have a question, silly maybe, but I was wondering, do we know for a fact Mary wasn't with him at that club? I mean, all we saw was the video of Frederik dancing, and everyone assumed he went out by himself and Mary stayed at home, as lancchick suggested below.

Whole-heartedly agree, Zonk. If that was Fred, that's not a great way of supporting your wife who just had your children and is probably out of bed at 3:30am taking care of the babies while you're semi-dancing at a nightclub. It's too bad he can't seem to grow up. :whistling:

Uh, I think it would be worse if the woman wasn't known to Frederik.

Still, I think it's about time Frederik realised he isn't 25 and pursued other means of relxation away from court and family life, when needed.

I have to agree with you. I am going to give Fred the benefit of the doubt, but it does cast a pall over the events of the day.

I have a question, silly maybe, but I was wondering, do we know for a fact Mary wasn't with him at that club? I mean, all we saw was the video of Frederik dancing, and everyone assumed he went out by himself and Mary stayed at home, as lancchick suggested below.

We don't know this for a fact, but I would think since some have stepped up and said how Fred knew this woman that they would also say Mary was there if she indeed was.

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't know this for a fact, but I would think since some have stepped up and said how Fred knew this woman that they would also say Mary was there if she indeed was.

Not necessaitly. Maybe Mary doesn't want to be involved in something not worth a thought?

I've got to chime again. My view is you're either married or you're not. If you're married, you take an obligation to support your spouse. Being out at 3:30am is not supportive. I think it's safe to assume a mother of four small children (two of whom she's likely breastfeeding) is not out at a nightclub at any time of day.

Some might think Fred's entitled to release a little stress but I look at it as completely selfish and not being a good husband. If he wanted to stay out at night partying, he perhaps should have waited to get married until that phase of life was over.

Most people reach a point in life where partying is no longer done or you wait until your kids are old enough. But, four small children and a wife at home, give me a break.

I've got to chime again. My view is you're either married or you're not. If you're married, you take an obligation to support your spouse. Being out at 3:30am is not supportive. I think it's safe to assume a mother of four small children (two of whom she's likely breastfeeding) is not out at a nightclub at any time of day.

Some might think Fred's entitled to release a little stress but I look at it as completely selfish and not being a good husband. If he wanted to stay out at night partying, he perhaps should have waited to get married until that phase of life was over.

Most people reach a point in life where partying is no longer done or you wait until your kids are old enough. But, four small children and a wife at home, give me a break.

But why? Does being a mother mean she's no longer a woman? Please, women have kids and they still go out and have a little fun every now and then. That's when you call a nanny or a babysitter. And while I understand she may be still breastfeeding, she may, as well, ask the nanny to use a bottle one night. Nothing wrong with that.

And again, how do we know Mary was at home?

But why? Does being a mother mean she's no longer a woman? Please, women have kids and they still go out and have a little fun every now and then. That's when you call a nanny or a babysitter. And while I understand she may be still breastfeeding, she may, as well, ask the nanny to use a bottle one night. Nothing wrong with that.

We don't, unless Mary says something which she won't because the Palace saying anything keeps this story alive. Mothers go out, of course. And one's with nannies go out maybe a little more. However, observing Mary for many years, she is disciplined and conscientious. Going to a club a few days before your kids are publicly baptized would be unwise in the extreme knowing you could be filmed. I highly doubt she would do it. Fred is another story.

None of us know the circumstances of Freds night out. Could be that Fred wanted to show Marys brother - John- a good time after the footy with a group of Friends. Jeppe was probably very angry about the report and thats why he rang to clear things up. All perfectly innocent.

A couple of friends of the Crown Prince and Princess have spoken to the press about this since yesterday, including now Jeppe Handwerk, with the goal of trying to get the press to not make a mountain out of a, (relative), molehill. If Mary had been there I imagine they'd mention it.

I think if Mary was there with Frederick, the topic of the discussion will be on another point of view, something like "CP couple dancing at 3am while kids left home alone..."
IMO she was home with the kids while her husband was drinking and dancing :sad:

I must to agree with you, I don't think it was veryt clever before the baptisim

A couple of friends of the Crown Prince and Princess have spoken to the press about this since yesterday, including now Jeppe Handwerk, with the goal of trying to get the press to not make a mountain out of a, (relative), molehill. If Mary had been there I imagine they'd mention it.

Not necessairly. Mary may not want to be involved in something this silly, simple. The fact they did not mention she was there does not prove she was not. My point is; we simply don't know.

We don't, unless Mary says something which she won't because the Palace saying anything keeps this story alive. Mothers go out, of course. And one's with nannies go out maybe a little more. However, observing Mary for many years, she is disciplined and conscientious. Going to a club a few days before your kids are publicly baptized would be unwise in the extreme knowing you could be filmed. I highly doubt she would do it. Fred is another story.

But the point was, it was a private club and they knew they would be able to be there without being filmed or photographed. Therefore both Mary and Fred could have been there knowing they will have fun without public knowing about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well none of us really know the details but as long as he didn't you know do anything stupid I suppose I'll give him a pass this time.

Tarlita said:
None of us know the circumstances of Freds night out. Could be that Fred wanted to show Marys brother - John- a good time after the footy with a group of Friends. Jeppe was probably very angry about the report and thats why he rang to clear things up. All perfectly innocent.

Good point- was Marys brother there? Wasn't he with him earlier at the game? I highly doubt Fred would do anything inappropriate with his bro in law present....plus I am going to assume the marriage is strong enough that Mary was fine w/ Frederick having a fun night out with the boys and being a supportive husband does not mean having to be home every minutes especially if it's ok with your wife and we have no proof Mary didn't totally support a boys night out....

But I doubt she was there b/c his friend would have mentioned it for sure and that would have killed that story.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom