General News about Frederik, Mary and Family 3: November 2008 - July 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empress

Heir Apparent
Country
United States
Welcome to the third thread for General News about Frederik, Mary and Family. The first thread can be found here.

This is the topic where you can post articles, links to videos, and other news stuff that might not fit anywhere else.

Of course, TRF Rules and FAQ still apply.
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation/infringement to post translations of entire articles. The best thing to do: Translate the article using your own words and summarize it. Just because other sites translate the entire articles, word for word, then proceed it post it -- you shouldn't. It's against the law! Furthermore, you don't want to be sued, handed a cease and desist, and be the one responsible for shutting down TRF forever, right? So please, follow the copyright rules and all shall be golden. Even if your translations may not be perfect, at least you tried and tried to get the gist of it. That's what is important.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
So if you find something that may not fit anywhere else please post it here.

Enjoy and have fun!
Mandy, Dazzling, and Empress:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
can somebody please translate the article???? what else is new with the couple?

Try the Google language feature. It's not perfect but it will help you making sence of it.

Mary says that the Christmas will be spent on Marselisborg Palace in Aarhus, and she looks forward because these year will be gathered all the family, the Queen, prince Henrik, the crown prince couple (of course), prince Christina, Princess Isabella, Prince
Joachim, Princess Marie and there will be too prince Joachim sons Felix and Nicolas. Mary's fahter and her stepmother won't be there because they are in Tasmania.
These is basicaly what the Hola's article sayis.

typo error -- it is prince Christian

I am glad to see that Joachim and Marie will be spending Christmas with Mary and Frederik. I hope that family photos will be released.

They should be sgl, they have been in the past at least - I remember one specifically.

Sorry I should have translated the article...
Here, i'll resume what it says:

This Christmas the Danish Royal family will be spending them in Marselisborg Palace. This Christmas will be special aas Mary says " Even though it's so soon to say, i cant wait for the holidays". As this will be the first Christmas that the whole Family will spend together.

This year Nikolai and Felix will spend Christmas with their father Joachim and Princess Marie. Christian and Isabella will be there too.
But Mary's parents wont be able to be there this Christmas as they will spend them in Tazmania...

Christian may be able to enjoy more of Christmas this year!! He's older and will actually know what's going on, aww that will be so cute:wub:

How is the renovation of the palace coming? Will M an F move in early in 2009?

How is the renovation of the palace coming? Will M an F move in early in 2009?
I think as long as the children are that small, they'll stay at Fredensborg. I've been there at thursday, Kancellihuset is the most perfect home for a family with children, with a big garden etc., and both Christian and Isabella are in kindergarden at Fredensborg, have their little friends. I'm sure that M&F won't move to Kopenhagen in next years. Their palais at Amalienborg is thougt more for representation and for to stay overnight, maybe that would change when Christian is to start school, I think that could be in 2012

How do they know what she is doing at home? Did someone give them a report, or are they just hurting for news?

How do they know what she is doing at home? Did someone give them a report, or are they just hurting for news?

She was self telling it at the premiere of Australia.

Thank you, Lena. This makes much more sense than the magazine just randomly printing this information.

Thats cool lol First Prince William plays Wii on a Visit to a charity now Mary.

There's an article here from BB about how Frederik, CP Victoria and CP Haakon have a fantastic relationship (from Victoria in an interview) and that they often dicuss their fate as future Heads of State together, either at official occasions or through texts and emails.
Billed-Bladet - Victoria sms with Frederik

There's an article here from BB about how Frederik, CP Victoria and CP Haakon have a fantastic relationship (from Victoria in an interview) and that they often dicuss their fate as future Heads of State together, either at official occasions or through texts and emails.
Billed-Bladet - Victoria sms with Frederik

What (possible) self-pitying, self-asborbed, self-centred conversations they might be...makes me cringe just to think about it...

"I wish I was never born into this "life" of luxury and having everything done for me, I wish I was normal"....Ahhh, no you don't!!!

"When I am King/Queen, I am going to stop/abolish (insert high-faluting goal here, eg. world peace)"...You are just a figurehead with no real powers, most decisions these days are made by your country's politicians!

"It is such a burden sometimes to be so revered and adored and have people calling out your name, I just wish for anonyminity"...Boo hoo, excuse me while I puke...if that is the worst of your problems, I'd say you are doing OK

If that is too harsh, I apologise...but sometimes it is a mockery of us, common people when those in positions of power and privilege gripe about the hand they have been dealt and how difficult their lives are...Please!!!

I am aware that up till now I have not contributed to the forum with a real instructive posting and what I will say now, is even negative: in a german-speaking forum about Royals, CP Mary is heavily critizised. Hoping you do not mind and kind regards.

Xeara, how do you know that they discuss the 'downpoints' of their lives and not for example their shared interest in polar activities and their common trip this year? The impression I get from reading the article - and from reading the article in www.aftenposten.no - is definitely rather opposite your - imo - rather uncalled for harsh words :nonono:

Last edited:
While we have no idea of what they are talking about, I find it hard to believe that they sit around and complain. I'm sure that they probably discuss their frustrations at not being able to lead completely private lives, but they probably also share ideas, success stories, and their fears/hopes for the future. I doubt that their conversations are 100% positive or 100% negative. I think that it is nice that they have such a close relationship. It is probably comforting to be able to speak with someone who knows what you may be going through or feeling.

What (possible) self-pitying, self-asborbed, self-centred conversations they might be...makes me cringe just to think about it...

"I wish I was never born into this "life" of luxury and having everything done for me, I wish I was normal"....Ahhh, no you don't!!!

"When I am King/Queen, I am going to stop/abolish (insert high-faluting goal here, eg. world peace)"...You are just a figurehead with no real powers, most decisions these days are made by your country's politicians!

"It is such a burden sometimes to be so revered and adored and have people calling out your name, I just wish for anonyminity"...Boo hoo, excuse me while I puke...if that is the worst of your problems, I'd say you are doing OK

If that is too harsh, I apologise...but sometimes it is a mockery of us, common people when those in positions of power and privilege gripe about the hand they have been dealt and how difficult their lives are...Please!!!

Hm, quite long texts for some SMS ;)
In their defence..."we", users here, are (in the majority) actually also not poor, but are also privileged...and though we complain way too often about having too little.
With saying "It is a mockery of us common people", you are e.g. doing this...as e.g. most Danes are not poor.

However...I am very much doubting, that they would exchange messages like
"Oh Haakon, I am so glad, we can save mother earth. Climate changes are so much of a danger, but we will put this fight up"

Always when we got a glimpse of the "real Scandi heirs", it wasn´t a picture of highly intellectual conversations, seriousness and tristesse. At least not from Victoria´s and Frederik´s side.
With Haakon...things might be different (he was the one, who went to bed early during the Svalbard tour ;) )

It's totally understandable to question what one doesn't comprehend, but to ridicule something that one has no knowledge about makes no sense to me. A few years ago, I recall reading an article about how the crown princes and princess(es) of Europe met regularly to exchange ideas on important issues such as security. However, I don't know if this is still being done.

How did you draw such negative conclusions from a mere note that the three scandinavian heirs have a close relationship?

I am aware that up till now I have not contributed to the forum with a real instructive posting and what I will say now, is even negative: in a german-speaking forum about Royals, CP Mary is heavily critizised. Hoping you do not mind and kind regards.

I don't minde :flowers:

I just don't understand your point about CP Mary. Can you please explain?

do you think we will see some photos taken with ocassion of christmas as in previous years? last year there seemed to be lots of photoshoots by the danish family around this time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom