Fashion Designers Used by Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As far as his dresses go I guess it all boils down on what kind of dress it is, the material, how it is accessorized, who is wearing it and how it is worn.

But I'm glad Mary hasn't touched any of his dresses.

Valentino

If anyone wants to learn more about the designer Valentino, then they should see the film.."Valentino, The Last Emperor"

It's now on dvd. I saw it last year at the local cinema. It's outstanding..The fiim director spent 2 years traveling all over the world with Valentino filming him and it ends with his final collection and the 3 day Valentino party in Rome.

It shows a history of his creations, and shows him designing one of his last collections. There are interviews with friends and colleagues.

In addition, you see some of his royal clients...Princess Firyal of Jordan, Princess Caroline, Farah Diba of Iran, Princess Rosario of Bulgaria, Countess Jacqueline de Ribes.

Maxima's red gown is fantastic!! I even liked the brooches she added on the top part. She just made it her own!!

:previous: I loved both dresses but the white one is so special!! :wub:
Thanks for sharing Her Majesty!!:flowers:

MM looks best in Valentino, for some reason it seems that Valentino seems to be made for her.

The problem with Nata n is that royals end up wearing the same outfit on the same day by the designer. If not the same day then a few days later.

Maxima & Alexandrea of Luxembourg caught on the same day wearing this dress
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

Not sure if its Maxima's age dressing young or a teenager dressing older than her age?

Natan doesnt even do elegent cloths yet many royals go for him.

Another creation Maxima wore June 22, 2010 by the designer

The problem with Nata n is that royals end up wearing the same outfit on the same day by the designer. If not the same day then a few days later.

Maxima & Alexandrea of Luxembourg caught on the same day wearing this dress
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

Not sure if its Maxima's age dressing young or a teenager dressing older than her age?

Natan doesnt even do elegent cloths yet many royals go for him.

Another creation Maxima wore June 22, 2010 by the designer

this dress is lovely! i was in love when i saw it on alexandra, and such a surprise when i saw it on maxima!

i don't think maxima is dressing younger or alexandra too old. it certainly suits them both beautifully. although perhaps i'm tempted to say it's something more of the age of maxima: in fact, natan is definitely an older women designer, not so much for alexandra.

IMO, no matter who wears it, this is just an ugly, unflattering, awkwardly proportioned dress in cheap-looking fabric with a silly bow on the wrong spot, and so badly tailored that it looks awful even on the catwalk model.
The complete BeNeLux ladies' penchant for a designer like Natan, whose designs are not elegant and mediocre at best, is inexplicable.
The fact that he doesn't at least take care to avoid that these ladies are constantly seen in the same badly made pieces of clothing by him makes it worse.

I really don't like this dress.I agree with Boris: it looks rather cheap and the design isn't very pretty.

Princess Claire's dress at the Swedish wedding was also by Natan, wasn't it?
It was one of the only few pieces by him that I really liked.

Why do they choose Natan? Was he once upon a time a great designer? was he outfits really nice to start for and started going bad?

His creations arent anything special and it gets boring to be honest when royals wear the same outfit but in a different style. It seems that they are his personal models and each one is displaying the different designs they come in. For Mathilde and Maxima, I always think that his skirts or dresses are way too short since they are quite tall ladies (taller than the average). Simply, his outfits dont suit them at all.

Totally agree!
Also, I don't like Natan's neither dresses nor skirts. They're usually too horrible & don't look good on both Maxima and Mathilde.

Princess Claire's dress at the Swedish wedding was also by Natan, wasn't it?
It was one of the only few pieces by him that I really liked.

Yes it was by Natan.
Mathilde's pink dress at the pre-wedding dinner was also by Natan.

IMO, no matter who wears it, this is just an ugly, unflattering, awkwardly proportioned dress in cheap-looking fabric with a silly bow on the wrong spot, and so badly tailored that it looks awful even on the catwalk model.
The complete BeNeLux ladies' penchant for a designer like Natan, whose designs are not elegant and mediocre at best, is inexplicable.
The fact that he doesn't at least take care to avoid that these ladies are constantly seen in the same badly made pieces of clothing by him makes it worse.
I fully agree with you as well. Given the fact that royal ladies from the Benelux countries have got an access to the best what high prêt-à-porter has to offer, such staunch loyalty to NATAN remains a complete mystery for me. My main gripe about NATAN's creations is the unpolished execution that spoils my impression about his gowns/dresses/jackets.

I've seen the clothes from the shows Natan has in his page... and really I can't understand why anyone would choose him to design anything. He usually designs ugly clothes and moreober they look as they are bad quality! I prefer not to know how much his clothes cost.

How do the royals buy designerclothes and shoes etc.? Do they go in luxusshops in Milan, Paris or London? Or the designers go to them in palast? Or they buy clothes in internet? Or they have personal for buying it?

Depends on the event, you see CP's and Princess' shopping all the time, not always in designers stores.
I suppose when royals have big gala events, royals have dresses designed for them.
They might looks at clothes online, such as Net-A-Porter or designers websites, then send someone to pick them up.

I can imagine that they have buyers who put a collection and bring them to the palace for some private fitting. Also, Valentino seems to be on good terms with some royals. So he might even send them some of his collection where he thinks that would fit to the particular royal. I am sure he knows their meassures.

All these dresses and shoes are amazing! Valentino is fantastic!
We Italians are proud to have this extraordinary fashion designer famous all over the world!
I adore Valentino!!

I know Natan. For me as a designer it's like an acid attack on the retina.

Back
Top Bottom