Family Resemblances

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Little_star said:
Haya looks like Queen Alia

so true! i realized that when i saw these pics:

ac3090bd.jpg

mother and daughter in 1976, from Princess Haya's website

0956e884.jpg

From Corbis (where it's actually captioned as "Close-up of Princess Haya")

;)

Last edited:
In the above picture, it is the late Queen Alia of Jordan, not Princess Haya.

Sira said:
In the above picture, it is the late Queen Alia of Jordan, not Princess Haya.

yes i know. i posted them to show the striking resemblance between mother and daughter. It was actually Corbis that made that mistake in the caption. you can check it out when you search Corbis. ;)

Charlotte looks like Princess Caroline
Prince William looks like Princess Diana
Prince Felipe looks like Queen Sofia

I think Prince Gabriel of Belgium looks like Prince William did as a child. how closely are they related?

I think Princess Madeleine has some quite striking resemblances with her paternal grandmother, Princess Sibylla...

The first picture is scanned from Svensk Damtidning, the second is from an old issue of Veckans Nu (I think it's by Stella Pictures)

GrandDuchess said:
I think Princess Madeleine has some quite striking resemblances with her paternal grandmother, Princess Sibylla...
I agree, there is definately a resemblance between Princesses Madeleine and Sibylla. I never really noticed that before until i saw those two pics GrandDuchess posted

I think Leonor looks a little bit like Juan Carlos.
And I always thought that Amalia has Máximas eyes, but I think Prince Claus' eyes were dark and somehow asian looking, too.

monica17 said:
Princess Aiko of Japan is the very image of her father, CP Naruhito.

Camille is the image of her mother, Princess Stephanie, except for the blonde hair.

Charlotte is the image of her mother, Princess Caroline.

Princess Aiko is also mirror image of Princess Nori(Sayako) when she was a little girl.

I think Prince Harry looks a lot like his grandfather, The Duke of Edinburgh.

Of course Charlotte is a spitting image of Caroline as are Andrea and Pierre to their father, Stefano.

Madeleine definately got most of her looks from her dad's side of the family. Not only Sibylla but the Kings sister's as well when they were her age.

Crown Princess Victoria is the spitting image of her mother Queen Silvia; Andrea Cashiragi is a young version of his father more than Pierre, who has some Grimaldi features unlike his older brother

The Borbon Kids:

Froilan: Infanta Elena
Juan: Iñaki
Victoria: Queen Sofia (or the greek side of the family)
Pablo: King Juan Carlos
Miguel: Infanta Cristina (the greek side) and he has QS's smile
Irene: Iñaki
Leonor: awesome mix of Felipe and Letizia, she inherited the best of each!

This means that the bad Borbon genes (those who came from inbreeding and perpetuated their nose) are slowly been replaced by new blood, thank God!

crisiñaki said:
The Borbon Kids:

Froilan: Infanta Elena
Juan: Iñaki
Victoria: Queen Sofia (or the greek side of the family)
Pablo: King Juan Carlos
Miguel: Infanta Cristina (the greek side) and he has QS's smile
Irene: Iñaki
Leonor: awesome mix of Felipe and Letizia, she inherited the best of each!

This means that the bad Borbon genes (those who came from inbreeding and perpetuated their nose) are slowly been replaced by new blood, thank God!

Lol the nose really annoys you huh?

I really think Princess Eugenie looks like her great-granddaughter, the late Queen Mother. She is emerging out to be a very beautiful Princess, and I believe she will be prettier than Princess Beatrice.

Queen Zenobia said:
Lol the nose really annoys you huh?

It's not the best Borbon feature and it's quite remarkable, if you look to the portraits of the Spanish Borbon since Philip V, you'll see they all have "tha nose", thankfully Cristina didn't get the big one (it's the same shape but it's smaller) and her children didn't as well as Victoria Federica:cool:

Princess Stephanie looks like her Dad Prince Rainier

Camille looks like her Mom Princess Stephanie and her Grandmother Princess Grace

royal resemblances

I once saw a photograph of Prince Charles' grandfather (Queen Elizabeth's father) and was stunned by the similarity with his grandson.

Charles' son Harry has a lot of Spencer, I think, without looking too much like Diana. But look at his uncle!

http://img434.imageshack.us/img434/7621/4h8kt.jpg This is Carl and Ingeborg, who were the duke and duchess of Västergötland. Carl was one of our Swedish princes, the son of Oscar II and Sophia of Nassau, and the younger brother of king Gustav V. Ingeborg was a Danish princess, the daughter of a royal couple of Denmark, Fredrik VIII and Louise of Sweden, and sister of king Christian X. Carl and Ingeborg's mother Louise were cousins, but Carl and Ingeborg still got married and had five children.

Martha has the long face of her mother Ingeborg.

Prince Harry looks like an early photo of The Queen,except for his Spencer colouring.
Prince Haakon looks like his grandfather,King Haakon. King Olav looked like King Edward VII,his maternal grandfather.
Princess Anne looks like Queen Mary

Spain:

Infanta Elena looks a lot like Queen Sofía to me, a little Froilán looks a lot like his mother. There's a picture posted in the picture thread for Froilán of him being held by his grandmother when he was about one or two years old and he looks like a wee male version of her. Victoria favours her mother and grandmother as well, but not as much as her brother.

I think all of Infanta Cristina's bairns look like their father, lol. I can't see any resemblance to their mother in them.

Prince Felipe looks like a mixture between his father and mother. I can see both of them in him in different photographs. In some pics he looks dead on his father, in others, he favours his mother. He also looks remarkably similar to his cousin, Prince Pavlos of Greece.

Monaco:

Princess Caroline looks very simliar to her paternal grandmother, Charlotte.

Prince Albert is a likeness of his mother, Grace.

Princess Stéphanie is a little more difficult to discern. She has the colouring of her father, but when she was a small child, she looked very much like her maternal aunt, Lizanne (was that her name?). Camille is more of a combo of Lizanne and Grace.

Louis Ducruet looks like his father and Pauline has some physical traits her her mother, but I wouldn't say she's a spitting image of her.

Andrea Casiraghi is a spitting image of his father with his maternal grandmother's colouring. Charlotte is a spitting image of her mother and Pierre's looks are lost upon me. He has Grace's colouring, but I don't really see the source of his looks. Princess Alexandra is a replica of her father.

Greece:

I haven't seen many pictures of the Greek royal family, but of the pictures of Princess Maria-Olympia, she looks very much like her mother, Marie-Chantal.

Britain:

Prince Harry looks like a blend between the Duke of Edinburgh and his Spencer cousins. I remember watching the funeral of the Princess of Wales and seeing one of the Spencer grandkids and thinking it was Harry. I don't know whether it was Alexander Fellowes or George McCorquodale. Does anyone have pictures for comparison?

Prince William is a blend of his parents. The older he gets, the more like Charles he looks. He has the best of both his parents.

The late Princess of Wales favours her mother to a tee. Remarkably similar they were.

Laura Parker Bowles looks a lot like her mother, but I'm unsure of whom Andrew favours. His father, perhaps?

Viscount Linley and Lady Sarah Chatto are chameleons, lol. In some pictures they look like their mother, but in some they strongly resemble their father. Lady Sarah and her half-sister, Lady Frances look very much alike.

Russia:

I'm not sure if we're only discussing present day royals, but I've always been interested in the Romanovs and their looks. Of the five children of Czar Nikolai and Czarina Aleksandra, none of them really looked alike. Olga and Anastasia probably came the closest to resembling each other because they resembled their mother (Anastasia moreso). I have no idea who Tatiana and Maria took after in their looks, but Aleksey favoured his father greatly.

There's a famous photograph of Nikolai standing alongside his cousin Edward and another cousin (Wilhelm??) and all three look like identical triplets. Does anyone happen to have this picture? I'd love to see it. The resemblance is startling.

H.M. Margrethe said:
H.M. Margrethe said:
By the way i think that prince Joachim looks like his dad prince Henrik in the face and in the behaviour.

I have totally the opposite opinion. I think that Frederik looks extremely like his father and Joachim like hia mother. I cant se where Joachim look like his father

Margareth of Connaught, our crown princess Margareta (born in 1882, dead in 1920) and the grandmother of our current king, the danish queen Margarete and all their sisters, had five children before she died too early. But only one of her five children had any resemblance to her, and that's prince Bertil (born in 1912, dead in 1997). There is especially something about the eyes, that I believe Bertil inherited from his mother.

Here's Margareth/Margareta: http://img435.imageshack.us/img435/6628/5b3rb.jpg
And here's Bertil with his wife Lillian: http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/7567/6d2js.jpg

EDIT: She looks even more like her son in this picture though: http://www.historiesajten.se/visainfo.asp?id=478 And I wonder if Gustav Adolf, our king's father, didn't look a little like their mother too. http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/130/6a9ek.jpg (The woman next to him is of course his wife Sibylla, our king's mother.)

Last edited:
omg Madeliene looks EXACTLY like Sybilla her paternal grandmother! wow you can really see the resembelence!

I think she looks more like her aunt Margareta than her grandmother, but the resemblance is there, yes. I was just wondering, who does the king look more like, his dad or his mum? And I concluded, that he was a perfect mix betweem his parents.

Just look at the girl standing up in the boat in this old picture from 1947! I think that's princess Margareta, Mrs Ambler. Doesn't she look just like her nieces Victoria and Madeleine? http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/6961/bttur9sf.jpg

Last edited:
acdc1 said:
I personally think that even today you can tell the resembelance between Leonor and her grandmother. I especially could see it in the pictures at the hospital where Sofia was carrying Leonor. I would post them, but can't do the picture thing yet.

Here acdc1, lemme do it.

Found these in Seegerpress
ImageShack - Hosting :: preseeger00180831ll6.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: preseeger00180827bj8.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: preseeger00180801kv0.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: preseeger00180810cn6.jpg

Thanks for the pictures! That was really great of you.

Another family resemblance I noticed is Prince Christian and Prince Felix of Denmark. I don't think they looked much alike as babies, but now that Christian is getting older and looking less like a baby and more like a little boy, they look a lot alike, with their blonde hair and bright blue eyes. I can't tell which older relative they have in common, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom