Family Resemblances

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Nikolaj of Denmark looks EXACTLY like his uncle, CP Frederik.
I-A of Norway is the spitting image (as we say in the USA) of her daddy, CP Haakon.
Infanta Elena looks like her mother, CP Felipe looks like his dad, and Infanta Cristina is a mix of the two.
Princess Elisabeth is a beautiful combination of both her parents.
And again, I see a very strong resemblence between Princess C-A and her grandmother, Queen Beatrix of The Netherlands.

Little Amalia has the same mouth as her mother.

Constantijn looks a lot like his grandfather Bernhard.

I think W-A, Constantjin and Johan Friso look a lot alike, I think they are the most similar looking siblings in the Royal world...

Elena looks like the King as well as Felipe (a taller version, with his mother's eyes) while Cristina looks a lot like her mother (with her father's smile)...

Philipe and Laurent are younger versions of King Albert even though Filip is WAY much better looking than his brother... (I have always thought that Laurent looks like Horatio Sanz a comedian from Saturday Night Live)...

Obviously William is the spitting image of his late mother and if you put pictures of Queen Mum, QEII and Princess Anne in their 20's the only thing that could give you a clue about who's who is the date...

Last edited:
HRH Princess Caroline is the portrait of her grand-mother HSH Princess Charlotte.

I think Amalia is like her grandma .. a little Beatrix...and Alexia seems more like Maxima...but I think we must hope a little bit more to see.
Ingrid A. seems to me like her father Hakoon, and also Sverre but with the hair of Mette Marit.
Anyway, the small children can change...
The son of Mary seems to me like her but...who knows?

Queen Elizabeth II and the late Princess Margaret quite looked like the other when they getting old, but The Queen also resembles really much of her grandmum Queen Mary.
Lord Linley looks quite a little bit like his father when he was young.
I think Prince William looked much more like Princess Diana when he was young but now not really much.

HMQueenElizabethII said:
Queen Elizabeth II and the late Princess Margaret quite looked like the other when they getting old, but The Queen also resembles really much of her grandmum Queen Mary.
Lord Linley looks quite a little bit like his father when he was young.
I think Prince William looked much more like Princess Diana when he was young but now not really much.

i totally agree.

QE2 is looking more and more like Queen Mary with each passing year.

I think Lady Gabriella Windsor looks like a young Queen Mary. In general, family resemblances are very strong with Windsors.

you're right that William looked more like his mom when he was younger. William's appearance is elusive. on some photos he still looks a lot like his mom but then on other's he's a clone of his dad. and then sometimes he doesnt really look like either.

Harry looks a lot like the Duke of Windsor.

Charoltte Casiaghi is a CLONE of her mother.I mean, if you look at pictures of her mother at the same age, you can't even tell them apart!:)

Queen Elizabeth II looks more and more like her Grandmother Queen Mary. Princess Margaret looked like the Princess Royal (Mary) her Aunt, who both looked exactly like George V1. I guess they could be called the "Windsor Lookalikes". I think the look most definately originated with Queen Mary :)

Prince William looks like his Mum and also his Uncle Charles (Spencer) as a much younger man. Prince Harry does remind me of Prince Phillip in some photos, but he also looks very much like a Spencer cousin, I think his name is George, who is the son of Lady Jane McCorquedale (spelling) - Dianas eldest sister. Maybe it is the red hair.

Princess Beatrice looks like her mother as a child, Princess Eugenie looks like her Great grandmother as a child (Queen Mum) and also like her Dad Prince Andrew.

Sophie, Countess of Wessex could have been Diana's sister? For sure her "look alike". It will be interesting to eventually discover who Sophie's daughter looks like. From the last photo I saw I would say she is more like her Dad, but kiddies change as they grow.

Please Sophie and Edward can we have a recent photo of Lady Louise?

Scott

Last edited:
auntie said:
Swedish Royals: I used to think that CP Victoria resembled her mum, but after studying her I can say that it is mostly the colouring that is the same, whilst Madeline looks like QSylvia in all but colouring, Carl Philip in my opinion looks alot tlike his dad W/O the blue eyes.

I think both the Swedish Princesses are gorgeous and yes do resemble their Mother more than their Father . I think the Queen looked more beautiful before she started visiting Brazil on a regular basis (just my opinion only).

As for Carl Philip, I think he looks more like Orlando Bloom that his Dad!!!!!:D

Regards
Scott

polop said:
Charoltte Casiaghi is a CLONE of her mother.I mean, if you look at pictures of her mother at the same age, you can't even tell them apart!:)

I agree and Caroline is a clone of Prince Raniers mother. (not sure of her name - I think it may also be Charlotte). I wish I knew how to post pictures as I have photos of the three of them. The likeness is quite remarkable.

Scott

Last edited:
In their vry young pictures, Queen Margrethe and Princess Benedickte look very similar I think.

Scott said:
I think both the Swedish Princesses are gorgeous and yes do resemble their Mother more than their Father . I think the Queen looked more beautiful before she started visiting Brazil on a regular basis (just my opinion only).

As for Carl Philip, I think he looks more like Orlando Bloom that his Dad!!!!!:D

Regards
Scott

OMGosh yes Carl Phillip could pass 4 Orlando Bloom's brother-acutally Carl Phillip is way better lookin than Orlando Bloom.
P.S-Charlotte is the spitting image of her mother at her age-it's uncanny.

pollyemma said:
i totally agree.

I think Lady Gabriella Windsor looks like a young Queen Mary. In general, family resemblances are very strong with Windsors.

She looks just like her aunt Princess Alexandra, note: there is a picture on Gabriella's thread that proves the point!

Family Resemblances in the Actual Royal Houses

Do the current royals look like their parents?
Are they more like their grandparents or uncles or aunts?

To me some of the family resemblances are:

Spain

Infanta Elena: King Juan Carlos
Infanta Cristina: Queen Sofia with dark green eyes
Prince Felipe: King Juan Carlos with blue eyes
Juan Urdangarín: Iñaki Urdangarín
Pablo Urdangarín: King Juan Carlos
Leonor: Felipe with Letizia's lips and let's hope nose:D ;)

Belgium

Crown Prince Phillippe: King Albert
Princess Astrid: Queen Paola
Princess Elisabeth: Princess Mathilde
Prince Gabriel: Crown Prince Phillippe
Prince Amedeo: Prince Lorenz *ducks throwing objects*

Denmark

Crown Prince Frederik: mix between mother and father
Prince Joachim: a male version of Queen Margrethe
Prince Christian: Crown Princess Mary (the little guy is more Donaldson than Glücksburg:rolleyes: in looks )

Netherlands

Crown Prince Wilhem-Alexander: Prince Claus
Princess Catharina-Amalia: Crown Prince Wilhem-Alexander with her mother's smile and personality
Countess Eloise: Princess Laurentien

Do you agree with me or want changes?

I totally agree with you but I think tha Infanta Elena looks like Queen Sofia especially talking about her lips and cheeks

crisiñaki said:
Do the current royals look like their parents?
Are they more like their grandparents or uncles or aunts?

To me some of the family resemblances are:

Spain

Infanta Elena: King Juan Carlos
Infanta Cristina: Queen Sofia with dark green eyes
Prince Felipe: King Juan Carlos with blue eyes
Juan Urdangarín: Iñaki Urdangarín
Pablo Urdangarín: King Juan Carlos
Leonor: Felipe with Letizia's lips and let's hope nose:D ;)

Belgium

Crown Prince Phillippe: King Albert
Princess Astrid: Queen Paola
Princess Elisabeth: Princess Mathilde
Prince Gabriel: Crown Prince Phillippe
Prince Amedeo: Prince Lorenz *ducks throwing objects*

Denmark

Crown Prince Frederik: mix between mother and father
Prince Joachim: a male version of Queen Margrethe
Prince Christian: Crown Princess Mary (the little guy is more Donaldson than Glücksburg:rolleyes: in looks )

Netherlands

Crown Prince Wilhem-Alexander: Prince Claus
Princess Catharina-Amalia: Crown Prince Wilhem-Alexander with her mother's smile and personality
Countess Eloise: Princess Laurentien

Do you agree with me or want changes?

Your the first person I've seen post that Prince Christian looks like his mother. From the very first pictures I saw of him I said he looks like his mother. I also agree with you that Countess Eloise is her mother down to a t. Princess Astrid of Belgium is her mother when Queen Paola was her age.

Sweden
Crown Princess Victoria-Queen Silvia without a doubt
Prince Carl Phillip- King Carl Gustav
Princess Madeleine-Mix b/w both parents (from what I can see)

Norway
Princess Martha-Louise-Younger version Queen Sonja
Maud Angelica-Princess Martha-Louise
Leah Isadora-Ari Behn
Crown Prince Haakon- King Harold
Princess Ingrid-Alexandra-Crown Prince Haakon
Marius-Mix b/w his mother and his biological father
Prince Sverre Magnus-I need to see in a couple of months I can't decide

What about British and Greek royal families?

I found that Prince Felipe looks like his mother, not like his father.
And of course, as you said, CA looks like WA with the personality of Maxima, and I add that Alexia looks, at least what I have seen, like Maxima.
Also Sverre Magnus looks like Mette-Marit, she has said that and for me this is true.
I found that Martha Louise looks like her father and Hakon like her mather, what do you think?

I think Cristina looks just like Queen Sofia.

Sverre Magnus looks like Mette-Marit

Salma looks like Queen Rania
Hashem looks like King Abdullah
Haya looks like Queen Alia

Prince William looks like Princess Diana
Beatrice looks like her Mum.

Little_star said:
I think Cristina looks just like Queen Sofia.

I agree with you but somehow she's more beautiful than her mother:rolleyes: :)

crisiñaki said:
I agree with you but somehow she's more beautiful than her mother:rolleyes: :)
I desagree with you, crisiñaki.
I think they have different beauties but they are beautiful! And i think we can't compare them, because the Infanta is 20 years younger than her mother! ;)

...JuAnItA... said:
I desagree with you, crisiñaki.
I think they have different beauties but they are beautiful! And i think we can't compare them, because the Infanta is 20 years younger than her mother! ;)

I knew you'll come in the aid of QS ...JuAnItA... and BTW she's 26 years younger than her mother:rolleyes: :D
Let me reinstate the post: cristina is the most beautiful woman of the house of Borbon (by blood so Sofia and Letizia aren't in the same league).
Now you agree with me?
I think that Cristina is more sexy than her mother was at the same age;)

Hi everybody!
Belgium
Prince Phillippe - King Albert
Little Prince Gabriel - King Albert
Prince Laurent - King Albert with much more strength in his features (and more weight as well ;))
Princess Astrid - Queen Paola

Spain
Prince Felipe - Queen Sofía
Felipe Froilán de Marichalar (or whatever his name is, I always get it wrong, sorry) - Infanta Elena and King Juan Carlos

Cheers!
Martin

I think Princess Elisabeth (Belgium) looks more like her father than Mathilde. Gabriel also reminds me of Philippe. I'm not sure about Emmanuel, he didn't look as much like Elisabeth and Gabriel as I would've expected.

I think Prince Nikolai is a mix of his uncle, Frederik, and his father and Felix resembles Joachim.

Prince Nikolai looks like his mother, Princess Alexandra. You can see the asian in him (even though it's quite little; he's very cute!)

Catharina-Amalia, look-wise, is the spitting image of her father. Personality wise, as others have said, are credited to her mother. :D

Madeleine is a mix but leaning towards Queen Siliva. There's this one picture that hangs in Solliden and it is the SPITTING IMAGE of Silvia....I'll try to find it. It looks like a little Silvia with blonde hair. :D

EDIT: Nevermind, the picture was originally posted by Yennie in Princess Madeleine's Picture Thread 4, but the link doesn't work anymore.

Last edited:
Princess Aiko of Japan is the very image of her father, CP Naruhito.

Camille is the image of her mother, Princess Stephanie, except for the blonde hair.

Charlotte is the image of her mother, Princess Caroline.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom