Elisabeta-Karina De Roumanie Medforth-Mills

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But why do you support it? You claim to be a monarchist, yet you do not seem remotely interested (anymore, that is) in supporting and upholding the stated agenda of King Michael. It is all very strange.

I have always admired the King but I suppose we can't agree with everything a person does.

I have always admired the King but I suppose we can't agree with everything a person does.

Except it isn't about supporting everything 'a person' does, in this case, the titular King, the living embodiment of the monarchy in Romania and head of the Royal Family. It's about not criticizing and attacking every decision made, every person involved, reducing every member of the family of the King, not accepting or understanding any decision made, even when they're explained, based on facts and logic and just continually trashing everything that involves the King and his family.

There is nobody else in Romania representing the monarchy other than the Royal Family, and nothing good or useful for the cause of monarchy can come from attacking everything about them.
I have yet to see a post from you going back several years now, where you have said anything positive about or even been slightly understanding towards any member of the Royal Family.
Even a young woman who is unable to attend the funeral of her grandmother, for whatever reasons, has her motives questioned and critiqued.
Since there is nothing monarchist about that behaviour, what is it actually all for?

Of course, it is impossible to always be of the same mind. However, it seems as though you have allowed your dislike of Prince Radu, who is only the husband of the Crown Princess and who has no children (i.e. thus his influence on the family will end whenever he dies), to totally pollute your view of the entire Royal Family. I think that this is unfortunate, because you used to be one of the biggest supporters of the King, the Royal Family and its mission.

Of course, it is impossible to always be of the same mind. However, it seems as though you have allowed your dislike of Prince Radu, who is only the husband of the Crown Princess and who has no children (i.e. thus his influence on the family will end whenever he dies), to totally pollute your view of the entire Royal Family. I think that this is unfortunate, because you used to be one of the biggest supporters of the King, the Royal Family and its mission.

I will always be a big supporter if the King that remains a symbol of dignity. On the same time we can't ignore reality and the challenges ahead for the return of monarchy.

I will always be a big supporter if the King that remains a symbol of dignity. On the same time we can't ignore reality and the challenges ahead for the return of monarchy.

There have always been challenges and there always will be.

I am glad to read that you will always be a supporter of the King.

I hope that you will also be a supporter of Prince Nicholas, Karina's brother, whose admiration and love for his family, especially his grandparents, and for Romanians is unquestionable.

I strongly believe Ms Medforth Mills brother is the only one who could bring a lot of support for the Family in the future.

Nicholas is the only one who can inspire a great deal of sympathy and support in the future for the monarchy itself.

He is the sole hope for the continuation of the dynasty.

All Romanian monarchists should support his return.

Even those who are in favour of the Hohenzollerns have a lot of sympathy for him. Certainly they believe he could continue the family activities better than his sister.

He is the only person who the majority of Romanians would ever accept as Head of the Royal House after the King and Crown Princess.

Karina wrote in "The Road Home" of how close her relationship was with her brother.

It is very possible she knows that her brother is the one who must take the position of heir (that he was being groomed to take). The family never intended for Karina to have a role--the continuation of the Royal House was going to be left up to Nicholas, eventually. It was spoken of by the King (and Queen), and it ended up being Nicholas' desire as well.

Let's hope Ms Medforth Mills will continue to be very supportive of her brother.

Let us pray that all Romanian monarchists will do the very same thing!

Let us pray that all Romanian monarchists will do the very same thing!

Hard to say what the Romanian monarchists now united in the National Convention fir Constitutional Monarchy will do.

If they truly care about the perpetuation of the Romanian Royal House and the continuation of a monarchical tradition in the country, then they will call for the return of Prince Nicholas.

They all supported him when he was in his role.

It would be fickle of them to abandon him.

If they truly care about the perpetuation of the Romanian Royal House and the continuation of a monarchical tradition in the country, then they will call for the return of Prince Nicholas.

The monarchists care for the return of Monarchy.

Why are you so worried? Shouldn't you be wondering about what some Prince of Hohenzollern has studied?

From this more private family than the Romanian royal family we know that the present Fürst has followed the Gymnasium at a boarding school in Sankt Gallen, Switzerland. After his compulsory military service in the Bundeswehr, the Fürst continued his education: Economics in Freiburg (Germany) and Bern (Switzerland).

His son, Erbprinz Alexander, is still studying: after the Gymnasium in Sigmaringen, he is completing his study in International Business Sciences in Frankfurt (Germany).

From this more private family than the Romanian royal family we know that the present Fürst has followed the Gymnasium at a boarding school in Sankt Gallen, Switzerland. After his compulsory military service in the Bundeswehr, the Fürst continued his education: Economics in Freiburg (Germany) and Bern (Switzerland).

His son, Erbprinz Alexander, is still studying: after the Gymnasium in Sigmaringen, he is completing his study in International Business Sciences in Frankfurt (Germany).

So we know more about the studies of the Hohenzollerns than about the studies of the grandaughter of the King.

So we know more about the studies of the Hohenzollerns than about the studies of the grandaughter of the King.

Which is irrelevant, seeing as the Hohenzollerns have shown zero interest in the Romanian throne and will not be a part of the future of a desired monarchy in Romania. There are lots of people we know more about than a person like Elisabeta-Karina, seeing as we know close to nothing about this private citizen.
It's not difficult to see that, as Benjamin says, the only realistic way for the monarchy to be restored, is to call for the restoration of Nicholas in the line of succession and in line for the headship of the family after his aunt. Nothing else will bring the monarchy back.

Not the monarchusts abandoned him but somebody else.

Not the monarchusts abandoned him but somebody else.

Maybe not all monarchists did, but you seem to have.

Doing so shows a lack of resolution and dedication to the monarchic cause.

Also, it further underlines the phenomena that so many people, whether they live in Romania or abroad, in the some of these smaller monarchist movements are experiencing. They start to believe that their view of things is actually more important than that of the Royal House of their country; they become "plus royaliste que le Roi"; they disrespect King Michael and try to tarnish his legacy. They forget their place in the order of things; the case of Marilena Rotaru is a good example of this.

Also, it further underlines the phenomena that so many people, whether they live in Romania or abroad, in the some of these smaller monarchist movements are experiencing. They start to believe that their view of things is actually more important than that of the Royal House of their country; they become "plus royaliste que le Roi"; they disrespect King Michael and try to tarnish his legacy. They forget their place in the order of things; the case of Marilena Rotaru is a good example of this.

Mrs Rotaru is very loyal to the King and the most respected monarchist in Romania.

Do I read between your lines that former King Michael had no idea what he did when Nicholas was thrown out of his own fabricated line of succession, making the unknown and private Karina the future heiress?

Last edited:
Hard to demonstrate such a theory.

Mrs Rotaru is very loyal to the King and the most respected monarchist in Romania.

The word loyal is awfully misplaced in this case, and this person has no relevance in a thread about the young woman to whom it is dedicated.

Do I read between your lines that former King Michael had no idea what he did when Nicholas was thrown out of his own fabricated line of succession, making the unknown and private Karina the future heiress?

Harly is she considered a heiress of the family. They did not even try to present her with a title.

The entire monarchist cause should die along with King Mihai and the last person to nurture the royal tradition of Romania should be Crown Princess Margarita. All the others should go their way and do not bother anyone with their ridiculous claims. IMO

The entire monarchist cause should die along with King Mihai and the last person to nurture the royal tradition of Romania should be Crown Princess Margarita. All the others should go their way and do not bother with their ridiculous claims. IMO

The monarchist cause is stronger than ever and is not really connected with the Princess and even less with her niece.

The monarchist cause is stronger than ever and is not really connected with the Princess and even less with her niece.
In what can we see this strength?

It's not difficult to see that, as Benjamin says, the only realistic way for the monarchy to be restored, is to call for the restoration of Nicholas in the line of succession and in line for the headship of the family after his aunt. Nothing else will bring the monarchy back.
I think you are absolutely right. For me, the only real connection of King Mihai's family with the Royal tradition is and would be Margarita as all of her younger sisters led their own lives apart from the line plus as the oldest one she was naturally chosen and made that way by her father. After the King's death, she will be the symbol of former monarchy (anyway, I see no point she could restore the monarchy, but) and this will die naturally with her. The only possible, though with a very, very small and limited possobility, candidate to take over as the herald of the symbolic qualities once represented by the House of Romania is or WAS Nicholas. And by carrying the symbolic role I mean a true position as the custodian of the Royal past and traditions as seen by the people, not by a bunch of monarchists or by the claimants themselves. It is with the people that the tradition and respect can live on. Other way, it would be some monarchist/claimant crap no one would bother.

Last edited:
I think you are absolutely right. For me, the only real connection of King Mihai's family with the Royal tradition is and would be Margarita as all of her younger sisters led their own lives apart from the line plus as the oldest one she was naturally chosen and made that way by her father. After the King's death, she will be the symbol of former monarchy (anyway, I see no point she could restore the monarchy, but) and this will die naturally with her. The only possible, though with a very, very small and limited possobility, candidate to take over as the herald of the symbolic qualities once represented by the House of Romania is or WAS Nicholas.

Not if the proposed legislation is passed in the fall that would give status to the royal house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom