Duke Carlos Javier and the Royal House of Bourbon-Parma 1: August 2010- 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will She have the same Funerals in Parma as her Sister Marie Thérèse ?

Will She have the same Funerals in Parma as her Sister Marie Thérèse ?

Because of COVID the funeral of Princess Marie-Thérèse was held in Paris in strict intimité with a Messe de Requiem in the Notre-Dame-des-Champs. Only last week the Princess was interred in Parma.

Now the rules for COVID are less strict, maybe Princess Marie-Cécile can be transferred to Parma indeed, for a funeral in the Basilica. So not to have 2 étappes like Marie-Thérèse.

Last edited:
The funeral of Princess Cecilia of Bourbon-Parma took place in Paris today, September 10:

** Video ** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited:
I believe I recognized aunt Marie-Françoise, princesse douairière de Lobkowicz née princesse de Bourbon de Parme. And also her son Charles-Henri, prince de Lobkowicz, cousin to the Duke of Parma.

It seems a private funeral. Probably with the same scenario as Marie-Thérèse: a later funeral in Parma.

While Princess Marie-Françoise was at the funeral, praise to her, the only other sibling left, Prince Sixte Henri attacked his nephew, the Duke of Parma:

"Yesterday, the 9th of September Don Sixto Enrique de Borbón traveled from his residence, the Château de Lignières to say a last farewell to his sister Doña María Cecilia de Borbón.

Accompanied by the Royal Chaplain, Don José Ramón García Gallardo, from the Brotherhood of St Pius X, Don Sixto Enrique appeared in the mortuary chamber of the Hôpital Cochin in Paris, where Don José Ramón sang a response.

Today, a part of the family, who has decided to incinerate the body, has called for a funeral in the church of Notre-Dame-des-Champs. Don Sixto Enrique, contrary to these practices outside the tradition of the Church, will not attend, and has ordered Holy Masses to be said for his sister, while announcing a proper funeral at the time.

Don Sixto Enrique, who has come to know that his siblings Doña María Teresa and Don Carlos Hugo, who died respectively in 2020 and 2010, were also cremated, is very affected and strongly displeased, although not surprised, with the behavior of his nephew Carlos Javier and his family.

Once again it is evident who is on the side of Tradition and who, having abandoned it, encourages all sorts of practices contrary to piety."

Prince Sixte Henri seems totally entangled in the web of the ultra-catholic St Pius X but this time his sister Princess Marie-Françoise does not side with him. What a bitter, bitter and resentful man, phew.

Last edited:
Have the Bourbon-Parma family any association with the beautiful church of Notre-Dame-des-Champs in Paris?

Have the Bourbon-Parma family any association with the beautiful church of Notre-Dame-des-Champs in Paris?

I believe Marie-Thérèse, Marie-des-Neiges and Marie-Cécile lived together in a mansion, located in this parish in the centre of Paris. It was "their church" so to say.

Last edited:
It seems that the duchess of Parma and her sister-in-law princess Viktoria were unable to attend the service. Among the guests I believe there was also prince Amaury of Bourbon-Parma, grandson of Prince Michel and Pss Maria Pia of Italy. It seems indeed that Princess Françoise and Princess M. des Neiges have a cordial relationship at this point. Prince Sixtus behavior is disgraceful but that is no surprise of course.

It seems that the duchess of Parma and her sister-in-law princess Viktoria were unable to attend the service. Among the guests I believe there was also prince Amaury of Bourbon-Parma, grandson of Prince Michel and Pss Maria Pia of Italy. It seems indeed that Princess Françoise and Princess M. des Neiges have a cordial relationship at this point. Prince Sixtus behavior is disgraceful but that is no surprise of course.

Apparently it did not come into Sixte Henri's mind that maybe all funerary arrangements are according the wishes of his late siblings. As if the Duke would do something his father or his aunts never wished... Pffff...

Prince Sixte Henri seems wheelchair bound, he looks frail. Sadly with the advancing of age mildness has not come yet to him.
:ermm:

But now he sees Marie-Françoise and his nephew Charles-Henri (whom seems a normal and not reactionary person to me) I wonder if he would donate his domain and possessions to St Pius X, that reactionary sect?

Princesss Françoise seems to be happy being with the Family. What did suddenly change her Mind ?
Charles Henri who owns his 3 castles and tried since years to have a lot of VIP guests must have a difficult time with the Covid !

At this very moment I am at the end of three weeks vacation in Catalonia. I have seen so many places, met so many wonderful people. Modern, well-educated, world- and streetwise and liberal. I realize this is "my habitat" but my impression is that most Spaniards do not care about religion.

How is Prince Sixte Henri ever thinking that a reactionary Carlism, a longing for an almost absolutist monarchism, larded with ultra-catholicism will ever appeal to the Spaniards of 2021 ???

It simply baffles me that this seems his (failing) zest for life, with deep family rift, et al.

Last edited:
I believe Marie-Thérèse, Marie-des-Neiges and Marie-Cécile lived together in a mansion, located in this parish in the centre of Paris. It was "their church" so to say.
That makes me perfect sense then for both funerals being held at Notre-Dame-des-Champs.

Duke Carlos Javier visited the Pere Closa Foundation to hear about social projects focused on the inclusion of minorities:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

The Duke of Parma could be a twin to his cousin the King of the Netherlands. Both are blond and massive. The weird thing is both were actually long, tall and slim as adolescents.

In their childhood years the Duke and the King were holiday playmates. Picture: Prince Carlos de Bourbon de Parme (the smallest one) with his aunt Princess Beatrix, his uncle Prince Claus and his cousins Willem-Alexander, Johan Friso and Constantijn. Holidaying in Ireland. Prince Carlos still had to start his growing spurt to match his cousins' heights.

Last edited:
Duke Carlos Javier participated in the presentation of the book „Ink, Earth and Tradition. Ramón María del Valle Incllan and the Carlismo“ by Alfredo Comesaña:

According to Point de Vue magazine, Princess Charlotte, landscape architect, eldest daughter of Prince Charles-Emmanuel de Bourbon-Parma and Constance de Ravinel, announces her engagement to Javier Valladares Urruela.

Born into a family of Guatemalan politicians, lawyers and diplomats, Javier is second secretary to the Guatemalan ambassador in Paris, the younger brother of the former Economy Minister Jimmy Morales, son and grandson ambassadors to the Holy See and London.
https://www.pointdevue.fr/royal/fra...-bourbon-parme-avec-javier-valladares-urruela

According to Point de Vue magazine, Princess Charlotte, landscape architect, eldest daughter of Prince Charles-Emmanuel de Bourbon-Parma and Constance de Ravinel, announces her engagement to Javier Valladares Urruela.

Born into a family of Guatemalan politicians, lawyers and diplomats, Javier is second secretary to the Guatemalan ambassador in Paris, the younger brother of the former Economy Minister Jimmy Morales, son and grandson ambassadors to the Holy See and London.
https://www.pointdevue.fr/royal/fra...-bourbon-parme-avec-javier-valladares-urruela

The bride's mother, Constance de Ravinel is of firm French noble ancestry with some Belgian traces:

Charlotte princesse de Bourbon de Parme

PARENTS
Charles-Emmanuel prince de Bourbon de Parme
Constance des barons de Ravinel

GRANDPARENTS
Michel prince de Bourbon de Parme
Yolande princesse de Broglie
Yves-Philippe baron de Ravinel
Alix des marquises de Castellane

GREAT-GRANDPARENTS
René prince de Bourbon de Parme
Princess Margrethe of Denmark
Joseph prince de Broglie
Daisy des marquises de la Cour de Balleroy
René baron de Ravinel
Christiane des vicomtes de Patoul
Louis marquis de Castellane
Elisabeth des marquises de Boisgelin

It seems that for the Dutch counsel of nobility the new prince Hugo will be the eventual head of the Dutch noble family de Bourbon de Parma, while for the family itself prince Carlos Henrique will become the head of the Royal house of Parma. Note that as a side snipe he also -wrongly- mentions that the family is not entitled to call themselves royal.

The snipe is about "The Royal House of Bourbon-Parma" which indeed does not exist. There was never a King of Parma indeed. It is the Royal House of Bourbon (that is where they derive their HRH from) and the Ducal House of Parma.

But neither was there ever a King of Bourbon. Bourbon was a lordship that was raised to a duchy, but never a kingdom.

I suppose the Bourbon-Parmas derive their HRH from their male line descent from the Kings of France.

Empress Zita is reported to have said that she is "Zita de Bourbon, Princess of Parma". That looks more correct to me.

Carlos de Bourbon, Hertog van Parma
Hugo de Bourbon, prins van Parma
Luisa de Bourbon, prinses van Parma
Cecilia de Bourbon, prinses van Parma
Carlos jr. de Bourbon, prins van Parma
Margarita de Bourbon, prinses van Parma
Jaime de Bourbon, prins van Parma
Zita de Bourbon, prinses van Parma
Gloria de Bourbon, prinses van Parma
Carolina de Bourbon, prinses van Parma

I agree, that would be more historically correct. The reigning ducal house of Parma used "of Bourbon" as their surname, as did their cousins in the royal house of Spain. It was some time after the Parmas went into exile that they modified their surname into "of Bourbon of Parma".

The incorporation into the Nobility of the Kingdom of the Netherlands is based on the incorporation of Prince Félix (spouse of Grand-Duchess Charlotte of Luxembourg) into the Nobility of the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg.

It chosen surname was not Bourbon-Parme but de Bourbon de Parme (it translates as Of Bourbon and of Parma).

When the four children of the previous Duke of Parma were incorporated, exactly that surname was used for incorporation. With this the provision was met that the to-be-incorporated-title was apparent in a "comparative system of Nobility", in this case in Luxembourg (which is effectively a spin-off from the Dutch Nobility system). Note that the father of Prince Félix was just "de Bourbon":

Arrêté grand-ducal du 5 novembre 1919 admettant dans la Noblesse du Grand-Duché le Prince Félix de Bourbon de Parme

Nous CHARLOTTE, par la grâce de Dieu, Grande-Duchesse de Luxembourg, Duchesse de Nassau, etc., etc., etc.;

Voulant donner une marque publique de Notre affection et de Notre bienveillance à Notre cher Cousin Félix Marie Vincent Prince de Bourbon de Parme, né à Schwarzau, le 28 septembre 1895, trosième fils de Notre cher Oncle, Son Altesse Royale Henri Marie Albert Ferdinand Charles Pie Louis Antonin de Bourbon, duc de Parme, Plaisance etc., et de Notre chère Tante, Son Altesse Royale la duchesse douairière Marie-Antonia de Parme, née princesse de Bragance, Infante de Portugal;

Vu l'art. 40 de la Constitution;

Sur le rapport de Notre Ministre d'État, Président du Gouvernement, et après délibération du Gouvernement en Conseil;

Avons trouvé bon et entendu:

D'admettre dans la noblesse de Notre Grand-Duché de Luxembourg le dit Notre cher Cousin Félix Marie Vincent, Prince de Bourbon de Parme et de lui conférer en outre le titre de Prince de Luxembourg, conformément aux Lettres patentes qui Lui seront délivrées.

Notre Ministre d'État, Président du Gouvernement est chargé de l'exécution du présent arrêté.

Château de Berg
le 5 novembre 1919

C h a r l o t t e .

Le Ministre d'État,
Président du Gouvernement

E. Reuter.

Last edited:
burial ceremony of Princess Cecilia of Bourbon Parma, Constantinian Magistral Basilica of Santa Maria della Steccata in Parma, underground crypt of the Royal and Ducal House of Bourbon Parma, 18 March 2022.

Yesterday, May 9, Duke Carlos Javier handed over the family archive to the KDC of Radboud University in Nijmegen:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Amélie of Bourbon-Parma attended the Saudi Cinema Night during the 75th annual Cannes film festival in Cannes, France, on May 23:

Is she a widow of Igor Ostashenko-Bogdanoff, mother of his two youngest sons?

First holy communion of Princess Luisa and Princess Cecilia on the seventh Sunday after Easter in the Holy Jacobus de Meerdere church in The Hague.
In attendance of their parents Prince Carlos Javier, Princess Annemarie and brother Prince Carlos Enrique

https://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=29-05-2022 First

On 21 May Princess Zita attends at the Royal Versailles Ball at the Palace of Versailles. The RVB celebrates the historic state visit between Queen Victoria and Emperor Napoléon III in 1855.

https://avenuemagazine.com/user-content/uploads/BFA_35056_4804360-819x1024.jpg

https://avenuemagazine.com/royal-versailles-ball-2022/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom