Duke and Duchess of Sussex, General News Part 1: May 2018 - December 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the very least I see them attending the first day of Ascot when the majority of the family shows up for. Harry has attended at times in the past.

I think Meghan will definitely be seen at Wimbledon. Whether Harry attends will likely depend on his schedule. But I see her attending to support Serena.

Trooping is a given. Its the first major event since her marriage.

I knew the Trooping was a for sure event. Maybe she will go to Wimbledon with Kate.

I'm hoping for Ascot ...I also heard today that Louis Christening was later this month..IF true I'm sure they will attend that..schedule allowing.

LaRae

Wimbledon would be an excellent event for the sisters-in-law to attend together if Catherine is up for it (as she is still on maternity leave).

Catherine goes to Wimbledon every year although Meghan won’t be going with Kate. They’re not going to start that.

Meghan may go to watch Serena. I doubt Harry will be there. I don’t think he’s every gone in the past.

Harry and Meghan won’t be at Louis’ christening either.

Catherine goes to Wimbledon every year although Meghan won’t be going with Kate. They’re not going to start that.

Meghan may go to watch Serena. I doubt Harry will be there. I don’t think he’s every gone in the past.

Harry and Meghan won’t be at Louis’ christening either.

How do you know? PS, it's a rhetorical question. No answer needed. :)

Last edited:
Harry wasn't at Charlotte's christening as he was out of town, IIRC. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't attend Louis' either but I won't claim it as fact. We have no idea what they will be doing.

Harry wasn't at Charlotte's christening as he was out of town, IIRC. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't attend Louis' either but I won't claim it as fact. We have no idea what they will be doing.

Harry was not just out of town. He was in a different continent for about two months (which was scheduled far in advance). So, unless there is another unfortunate clash in scheduling, I would expect them to attend the christening as Harry did for George's.

^^ I thought so. I figured it was a conflict but I wasn't 100%. I just knew he was not in in London. I tend to agree with you that it is more likely they will be there than not but again, who knows.

I think they will attend Louis Christening if they don't have scheduling conflicts.

Fingers crossed for Ascot!

LaRae

I'd be very surprised if the Sussexes were absent from Louis's christening unless they were overseas for whatever reason, but Harry seems to be a close uncle so I can imagine that he would try to make sure his diary was free for his nephew's christening.
It will be fun to see Meghan at Ascot and Trooping. Looking forward into seeing what she wears!

I don't see any reason to think Harry wouldn't go to the christening. Unless he and Meghan are over seas. He was at George's. Charlotte's was bad timing.

Harry may go to Wimbledon. Just because he hasn't in the past doesn't mean he might not. They may choose to do it together as a couple, or Meghan may go with a friend.

I am hoping we see her at Ascot. I do think we will see her first day.

I think they will attend Louis Christening if they don't have scheduling conflicts.

Fingers crossed for Ascot!

LaRae

I agree with you. If they are in Britain when Louis is christened, I think they will attend.?

Last edited:
Will there be a Garter Ceremony this year?

18th June, followed immediately by Royal Ascot

18 June. Harry and Meghan won’t be there. Nothing to do with them. Harry went once, in 2008, to see William’s investiture.

Last edited:
I think/hope Harry and Meghan will be there at Ascot. It will be lovely to see Meghan enjoying the occasion.

I can't wait to see Harry and Meghan at Trooping. It will be Meghan's first appearance on the balcony of Buckingham Palace, official acknowledgment of her as a member of the BRF.

I don't see any reason to think Harry wouldn't go to the christening. Unless he and Meghan are over seas. He was at George's. Charlotte's was bad timing.

Harry may go to Wimbledon. Just because he hasn't in the past doesn't mean he might not. They may choose to do it together as a couple, or Meghan may go with a friend.

I am hoping we see her at Ascot. I do think we will see her first day.

There is a big difference now with Harry than there were at previous times with different events. He is now a full time working senior royal and has married and settled down. Just as Meghan will most likely attend polo games with Harry, I could definitely see Harry attending Wimbledon with Meghan.

I definitely see Harry and Meghan attending Trooping the Color and Louis' christening. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if both Harry and Meghan are selected as godparents to Louis.

Its been mentioned elsewhere, in a thread discussing the next time Meghan wears a tiara, that Harry, as a rule doesn't attend state banquets and diplomatic dinners where a tiara is worn. With Harry upping his game and going into full royal mode, I expect to see him at these occasions more also.

Its kind of a neat thing that right at the point where Harry's life is more or less given over to his royal role that he's found the perfect partner to walk that path with him. I guess he was right when he said the stars were all aligned in his favor. Its going to be full steam ahead for the both of them. Together. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait to see Harry and Meghan at Trooping. It will be Meghan's first appearance on the balcony of Buckingham Palace, official acknowledgment of her as a member of the BRF.

I am so excited for this!!

There is a big difference now with Harry than there were at previous times with different events. He is now a full time working senior royal and has married and settled down. Just as Meghan will most likely attend polo games with Harry, I could definitely see Harry attending Wimbledon with Meghan.

I definitely see Harry and Meghan attending Trooping the Color and Louis' christening. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if both Harry and Meghan are selected as godparents to Louis.

Its been mentioned elsewhere, in a thread discussing the next time Meghan wears a tiara, that Harry, as a rule doesn't attend state banquets and diplomatic dinners where a tiara is worn. With Harry upping his game and going into full royal mode, I expect to see him at these occasions more also.

Its kind of a neat thing that right at the point where Harry's life is more or less given over to his royal role that he's found the perfect partner to walk that path with him. I guess he was right when he said the stars were all aligned in his favor. Its going to be full steam ahead for the both of them. Together. :D

Harry attended the last state banquet. He didn't attend the diplomatic dinner as he had the concert for one of his patronages that same night.

Just like William, Harry has just recently become a full time royal. There is also the fact that he is now married, and that sometimes affects the type of events you attend. We are starting to see a progression towards the younger generation as the Kents and Gloucesters start slowing down. I doubt Meghan and Harry will not be attending these types of events in the future as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree that they'll attend the Trooping the Color and likely Louis' christening, however I expect that the Cambridges will continue to choose non-siblings for the godparents like they did with George and Charlotte. ?

The discussion about Harry and Meghan's wedding is off-topic and has been deleted. The discussion about Meghan’s ex-husband and their marriage has also been deleted.

Posts about Harry and Meghan’s titles have been moved to the ‘Prince Harry Created Duke of Sussex' thread, and posts discussing Harry’s relationship with Charles can now be found here.

There's a big wide area that is considered the midwest. Missouri is midwest but you don't hear nasal tones here. Kansas, more similar to Missouri. Nebraska is a little different.

With all the mobility nowdays it's harder sometimes to find a specific regional accent because you have people from wherever moving around due to jobs etc.

LaRae

I'm from Missouri and I say "jag-war" and as for aunt....the AA side of my family pronounces it "ahnt" but the caucasian side pronounces it "ant"....I typically say "ant" but I've been known to adopt the "ahnt" pronunciation at times, too. But you're right....definitely no nasally tones going on here though my Chicago family definitely hits ALL the nasal tones! :D

I'm from Missouri and I say "jag-war" and as for aunt....the AA side of my family pronounces it "ahnt" but the caucasian side pronounces it "ant"....I typically say "ant" but I've been known to adopt the "ahnt" pronunciation at times, too. But you're right....definitely no nasally tones going on here though my Chicago family definitely hits ALL the nasal tones! :D

I'm from the deep south originally but have lived in SW MO since I was a kid (small world!).

Dad's family (southern) said 'Ant' and mom's family (MO) said 'Ant' too.

LaRae

Let's move on from the discussion about accents.

18 June. Harry and Meghan won’t be there. Nothing to do with them. Harry went once, in 2008, to see William’s investiture.

The next time will most likely be his own investure as Knight of the Garter.

:previous: And I can see that happening during the reign of Charles III.

:previous: And I can see that happening during the reign of Charles III.

Most likely. I don't see it happening in Elizabeth's reign, so unless Charles'' reign is short and he waits a while, I am sure Harry will receive it from his father. If not, William will surely be the one to award it to his brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom