Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 3: Nov 2005 - Feb 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Warren, Daaaaaaaaaaarling! You must be in absolute transports of joy seeing this!!!!!!!!!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Is this something from Mrs Grevilles legacy????

Warren said:
Either Camilla has been allowed to rummage through the vaults, Charles has been very generous, or she has a rich admirer.
In Philadelphia this weekend the Duchess of Cornwall has worn two "new" pieces of jewellery. There is currently no information available as to provenance.

Gigantic Necklace (ruby or amethyst?)

Diamond & Sapphire Drop Brooch
°

Last edited by a moderator:
Camilla looks absolutely stunning with the necklace!
I just read that it is made of 36 rubies interlaced with diamonds.
I agree, it resembles a tiara. I would like to know if it´s an old jewellery or a new one and wheather it´s a present from the Prince.
Can anybody tell me?:flowers:

Oh my god! I´m almost speachless. Looks like a piece of Queen Mary jewelry. It´s her style.

To me it looks more like it could have been some gift from the middle east trips, its a bit gaudy for my taste but the Duchess wears it well, her jewellery box is growing day by day. the brooch is very nice I think

Those rubies are just amazing. Wow. What a stunner Camilla is.

milla Ca said:
I agree, it resembles a tiara. I would like to know if it´s an old jewellery or a new one and wheather it´s a present from the Prince.

There was speculation that Camilla's necklace was a present from Charles, but Clarence House would not confirm this. It was believed to be the first time she had worn the jewels to an official event.

This London

She looked stunning and oozed opulence. :clap:

Bam!

Skydragon said:
There was speculation that Camilla's necklace was a present from Charles, but Clarence House would not confirm this. It was believed to be the first time she had worn the jewels to an official event.

This London

She looked stunning and oozed opulence. :clap:

Camilla of Cornwall strikes again!
Her jewelry is amazing!

milla Ca said:

The person who wrote the article needs a basic math refresher course, there happens to be 37 rubies in the necklace. :rolleyes:

AuroraB said:
The person who wrote the article needs a basic math refresher course, there happens to be 37 rubies in the necklace. :rolleyes:

What's one little ruby between friends? :lol:

Apparantly the necklace is from Camilla's private collection. I'd hazard a guess that it's a gift from a certain Saudi King.

Camilla has the advantage of being of a mature age and a little plump - she can pull off wearing such a large piece of jewelry and not look like it is wearing her. She looked truly stunning.

It's an absolutely stunning necklace and I also agree with those that said it kind of resembles a tiara.

I think the necklace is stunning! Its so regal looking. Definately looks like something Queen Mary would have worn. It would be interesting to see it comverted to a tiara!

sirhon11234 said:
I think the neckalce is too gaudy and over the top. But the brooch is very nice.

this tape of neckalce make a neck very short, any women nedd a neck very large so that the jewel shines .

the neck is very queen's mary style.

WOW! Thanks Waren for the pictures, the necklace is gorgeous. Or better, the Duchess looks stunning wearing that necklace, there are few people it would actually suit.
At last the Royal Family has found someone, who can wear Queen Mary's jewels with a style! ;)

Last edited:
Avalon said:
WOW! Thanks Waren for the pictures, the necklace is gorgeous. Or better, the Duchess looks stunning wearing that necklace, there are few people it would actually suit.
At last the Royal Family has found someone, who can wear Queen Mary's jewels with a style! ;)

Avalon,
I totally agree. Now all we need is a smashing tiara (and earrings, possibly a stomacher?) to create spectacular bling. :flowers:

ooh a stomacher!

AuroraB said:
Avalon,
I totally agree. Now all we need is a smashing tiara (and earrings, possibly a stomacher?) to create spectacular bling. :flowers:

I love those things! They are the height of amazing! I bet Queen Mary had a dozen of them that are still tucked away somewhere.

My money is on that necklace -- which I think is just too big and gaudy -- being a personal gift from Charles. As I said, cattily, in another post, we all know how much he treasures Camilla's decolletage...;)

That necklace reminds me of a couple of the Duchess of Windsor's pieces; there was one with amethysts and turquoise and a gold one studded with emeralds and rubies.

A bit of cleavage last night aswell ;) Keeping it sassy up top..good to see.

I don't know! I expect the Duchess to wear pieces that I think display an 'old world' charm because I think Camilla herself possesses a certain 'old world' character. Imposing and not without a touch of vulgarity which only royal women can justly display (or so I think).

Gaudy some have said? Without doubt. Imperiously impressive? Absolutely.

Successfully romancing the image of royalty, and what better place to do it than in the States?

Camilla does seem to hunch a little when she walks (only slight). This I've noticed for some time and her hair should be worked on but that's wishful thinking on my behalf.

Out of 10: 6 :flowers: She has looked better imo.

(BTW: I think it would look spectacular as a tiara..I wonder if it is possible)

Last edited:
sirhon11234 said:
I think the neckalce is too gaudy and over the top. But the brooch is very nice.

You're right, it's gaudy and a bit over the top. So it's just the thing to wear when you're "Visiting Royality" in the States. There were surely a lot of ladies present on that occassion who wore equally impressive jewellery as Philadelphia houses quite some rich families and they were surely thought to arrive in showing off-style.

Camilla couldn't know in advance what the other ladies would wear but she had to make sure to make the right impression. And remember the pics of the queen when she visited Philadelphia: she even wore a tiara which looked very much like a crown.

IMHO it was perfect for the occassion, for the place and the people she was going to meet. :flowers:

Avalon said:

I also look forward to the day when we see Camilla wearing Queen Mary's jewelery. :)

The glittering necklace worn by the Duchess of Cornwall to a white-tie gala in Philadelphia on Saturday night was a gift while she was on an official overseas tour with the Prince of Wales, Clarence House said yesterday.

------------------

If you've got it flaunt it. I certainly wouldn't say no to the necklace! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Skydragon said:
From that article:

"She also wears a brooch in the shape of a fisherman’s fly given to the Queen Mother on her 100th birthday — although when its designer saw a news picture of the Duchess sporting it on her lapel, she noticed that it was being worn upside down."

Now one wonders who knows more about fisherman's flies - they are an extremely complicated topic, so I'm personally not sure if Camilla wore the brooch upside down or if the designer got it wrong in the first place.

As for borrowing Royal Jewels that Diana has previously worn: Camilla is a completely different type of lady to Diana - so why should she take these pieces when there are so many others? I guess we'll see Diana's jewels (her personal ones and the ones in Royal possession) again when either William or Harry present their wifes to the public - maybe along with a quote that "Mummy wanted these pieces to go to our brides" - to take the Diana-stigma off them.

BTW - does anyone else think like me that the wearing of that brooch from Queen Alexandra's possession (sporting the feasthers of the Prince of Wales), which so resembles Diana's was a bit of testing the waters? With what outcome? Any opinions?

Last edited:
The ruby necklace is definitely a gift from the Saudis or a Gulf emir. It's a very expensive piece that only the oil states would present.

That piece is very gaudy! as are the other diamond necklaces Camilla has worn so far. No pieces with real class. This necklace would probably suit Camilla much better as a Tiara and with a more "tasteful" gown.
I agree with Jo of Palatine that the Queen Alexandra brooch was worn to test the waters.
Any word of the provenance on that new brooch that Camilla wore? It looks like an art deco piece. Princess Michael has a similar one, which she got from the Duchess of Windsor.

qui mal y pense said:
That piece is very gaudy! as are the other diamond necklaces Camilla has worn so far. No pieces with real class. This necklace would probably suit Camilla much better as a Tiara and with a more "tasteful" gown.
I agree with Jo of Palatine that the Queen Alexandra brooch was worn to test the waters.
Any word of the provenance on that new brooch that Camilla wore? It looks like an art deco piece. Princess Michael has a similar one, which she got from the Duchess of Windsor.

The brooch was a gift to Queen Mother on her 100th birthday, as Jo points in post 212.

As for the Queen Alexandra brooch, personally I see no reason why she shouldn't wear it. Camilla is the Princess of Wales and has every right to wear it.
Just my opinion.

The brooch mentioned in the article as having been worn upside down cannot be the new one Camilla wore- that is obviously a heart with 2 dangling ornaments that I don't think can be worn any other way!

qui mal y pense said:

I want to ask you: What do you mean when you say Camilla´s necklaces are pieces without real class?
I think her jewels are very nice, many of them have an old history or they are love gifts. Real class enough, i think.
And what do you mean with a more tasteful gown? I think she looked stunning and she has a very good stylish taste!
And it´s not her style to wear deco pieces...Maybe we don´t speak about the same Duchess...?:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom