Death of HM Queen Elizabeth II: 8 September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
'My whole life, whether long or short, shall be devoted to your service"
And it was, God bless her.

"Well done, good and faithful servant; Thou hast been faithful over a few things; I will make Thee ruler over many things; enter Thou into the joy of Thy Lord."
Matt 25:23

'My whole life, whether long or short, shall be devoted to your service"

And it was, God bless her.

"Well done, good and faithful servant; Thou hast been faithful over a few things; I will make Thee ruler over many things; enter Thou into the joy of Thy Lord."

Matt 25:23

It is amazing. She worked right to the end, as she wanted.

Very appropriate scripture.

It really is.

Last edited by a moderator:
6b1820e7-91e9-4856-a783-8c0e3b360fd2-jpeg.3793024

View attachment 303062

Windsor Castle just now. I was taking the photo of the rainbow just as the flag was lowered, before the sad news was officially announced. So for a very few moments the people of Windsor knew before the rest of the nation, which somehow feels appropriate.

A lovely article below Drakes about the rainbow over Windsor Castle … and the double-rainbow over Buckingham Palace … giving comfort to the people gathered in those places when the news of Her Majesty’s passing came.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...moment-RAINBOWS-appear-Buckingham-Palace.html

Brazil declares 3 days of national mourning over the Queen's death.

The rainbows are a symbol of promise and victory - she truly embodied everything that promise from God symbolizes in life and, also, at last, in death.

It is hard to process that HM is gone. I'm nearly 50 and have not seen another British monarch in my lifetime until now. HM was on the throne 20 years before I was even born.

I have no doubt that HM Charles III and Queen Camilla will serve the nation and the Commonwealth well, despite not enjoying the level of support and popularity of HM Elizabeth.

And now I have to get used to Charles III, Queen Camilla, Prince William, Duke of Cornwall, Catherine, Duchess of Cornwall (or will they still use Cambridge until/if HM makes him Prince of Wales, despite BEING Duke/Duchess of Cornwall?), and Prince Archie and Princess Lili of Sussex (their titles unless Harry and Megan agree with HM to not use them, a la the Wessex children).

It will be 'the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall and Cambridge'. As both are ducal titles they are combined. They will cease using either (although they will of course formally keep them) once William is made Prince of Wales.

It is of course a very sad moment, especially for the Royal Family. For the queen maybe less so as she seems to have died in peace after a fulfilling life in which she served her people to the best of her (decreasing) abilities. I hope many monarchs will follow her example of service and dedication to the position and responsibilities that were entrusted to her at an early age. I hope the new King will be supported by his people as well - he isn't his mother and people shouldn't expect him to be, but he clearly shares her sense of duty.

To me it was clear that her time had come when they made the announcement earlier today - in combination with the nearest family going to Balmoral and the picture last Tuesday that showed signs of poor blood circulation (a process that is -among other things- related to a normal dying process (had just encountered a poster about signs of someone dying yesterday)).

Last edited:
I just found out. I can't believe it. I mean, I did know that she was ill, but I hoped she would recover.

Like Stephen Fry said at the Jubilee, we were all part of the Elizabethian Era and this is the end of it.

No one can ever said she didn't do her duty until the very last minute.

RIP Lilibeth, you were a big part of our lives, the rock we always thought was going to be there but death comes for us all.

God save the King.

Dear People of the Royal Forum - my name is Zvika Greenberg - I am 74. I was born 1948. When I was 4 years old 1952 Elizabeth was crowned to be queen. She was born 1926 and was only 26 to be queen. At 1952 I was too young to understand what does it mean queen of England. But growing and listening to the BBC made me understand what is the queen of England. Mrs Truss who visited the queen 2 days ago got the confirmation to be the prime minister. But at her younghood she called to demolish the royal house. Me too thought in the past what revenue we have from this Royal House. But today when Sky News announced on her death I was attached to the screen and did not do anything else. To feel that she is my queen too I have to say that she was the queen of the world.

The title Queen (or King) of England was abolished in 1707. Her title was Queen of the United Kingdom.

Last edited:
President Biden & the First Lady have arrived at the British Embassy in DC to sign the condolence book. It appears that they are the first to sign the book, as is only fitting. Looks like he has a long statement prepared on a printed card which he is hand-writing into the book.

Very sad news today. Can't believe we have a king now, just a shock

What is the official cause of death for HMQ? I would guess heart failure due to the fact that she was always so fatigued in this past year.

She deteriorated quite rapidly after the death of the DoE. She had appeared reasonably well up until then.

What is the official cause of death for HMQ? I would guess heart failure due to the fact that she was always so fatigued in this past year.

She deteriorated quite rapidly after the death of the DoE. She had appeared reasonably well up until then.

This seems like something we will find out eventually but probably not for a while. I think "mobility issues" was always a way to protect her privacy but that more serious issues were known.

Queen Elizabeth II has died Buckingham Palace announces - BBC

I have a feeling she might have had a stroke today. She felt ill last night which happened to my grandad before he had his stroke so visited her to rest, maybe something happened to her in the night/this morning

very sad news... I cant think of anything else.
RIP and thank you for everything

Elisabeth II., fifth and last British monarch of the Wettin line. Now the King of the Belgians is the last reigning descendant of Graf Dedo von Wettin.

Given that that is a very common cause for those 'dying of old age' and substantiated by among other signs her purple hands on Tuesday, heart failure seems indeed a very likely cause. Her body could just not keep going any longer. And of course, any additional burden (a cold or anything minor / in her case maybe the exhaustion of the constitutional activities on Tuesday) could easily push the body over the edge.

I have a feeling she might have had a stroke today. She felt ill last night which happened to my grandad before he had his stroke so visited her to rest, maybe something happened to her in the night/this morning

If something major happened to her this night or morning, her close family members would not have waited to travel to Balmoral until mid-afternoon after they had undertaken their planned engagement (for example a visit to Oxford by Sophie) but have gone up earlier.

Last edited:
When the Airplane of Princes William, Andrew and Edouard landed at the Airport of Aberdeen , was the HM the Queen still alive ?

Last edited:

That summer when she got really thin, she never bounced back, got COVID, and really she was 96 and just started going massively downhill.

Her hands I wouldn’t mind though, apparently from someone in medical profession, typical of person her age. You blow on them the bruise.

I don’t think there was anything big, she declined and faded away.

My heartfelt condolences to her family, to all the people of the United Kingdom and I am with the rest of the world in saying bless her and long live King Charles III.
My mother was English-she was a war bride and became a US citizen in 1947. I grew up following the queen and the entire Royal family. My mother looked a lot like the queen, had a younger, more ebullient sister, a quiet father and a vivacious mother much like Elizabeth II's family. They had great fun over those similarities.
The Queen was an extraordinary woman with an unmatched sense of duty. But she was human too and maybe that too is what we loved about her.

So very sad to hear that news....When I was born she was already reigning...I saw her with my school in my home town of Liège, Belgium.
Rest in peace, Madam, you were great.

Back
Top Bottom