The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-09-2022, 12:56 PM
Royal Highness

The Duke and Duchess of Kent are particularly well-known, because they presented the Wimbledon trophies for years. Anyone over 35 will remember the famous occasion in 1993, when the Duchess comforted the late Jana Novotna after she lost the final from being 4-1 up in the deciding set. Princess Alexandra and the Gloucesters aren't as well-known, but certainly everyone knows who they are.

Some of their children were also well-known at one time - Marina Ogilvy always used to be in the gossip pages, one way or another, and so did Lady Helen Windsor who was very glamorous when she was younger (and still is now!).

Old 06-09-2022, 01:24 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Frankly I think that some of the children shouldn't have been there. Louis was clearly too young to behave properly...
Louis did fine the majority of the time. He was active and wanting to move around but was friendly and listened to his mother for the most part.. Kate kept him occupied non-stop (William definitely had the easier job having nice calm chats with George) and when he stopped listening and got obnoxious she took him out.

I also noticed the two older cousins in the second row would pop in every so often and wind him up. There were a couple of times when Louis was sitting quietly until they got his attention. Again, something I think many kids that age would do when left to their own devices, but IMO the girls’ parents should have told them to settle down and let the younger children be.

Old 06-09-2022, 02:38 PM
Majesty

Mia was indeed quite active. Mike talked about the event on his podcast (after being prompted).
Old 06-10-2022, 03:29 PM
Aristocracy

Is there a complete list of those who attended the Pageant.

So far I have seen:
Prince of Wales
Duchess of Cornwall
Princess Royal
Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence
Duke of Cambridge
Duchess of Cambridge
Prince George
Princess Charlotte
Prince Louis
Peter Phillips & Lindsay Wallace
Savannah Phillips
Isla Phillips
Princess Beatrice, Mrs Mapelli Mozzi
Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi
Christopher Woolf
Princess Eugenie, Mrs Brooksbank
Jack Brooksbank
August Brooksbank
Mike Tindall
Zara Tindall
Mia Tindall
Lena Tindall
Lucas Tindall

have I missed anyone?
Old 06-10-2022, 03:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I have seen an Instagram post recently: the Duchess of Kent in casual trousers and sneakers at some sort of local music encouragement event.
Duc et Pair - do you a have a link to this event? It may have been in a private capacity, but I love seeing the Duchess of Kent, she is such a charming woman.
Old 06-10-2022, 03:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camsterlaird View Post
Is there a complete list of those who attended the Pageant.

So far I have seen:
Prince of Wales
Duchess of Cornwall
Princess Royal
Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence
Duke of Cambridge
Duchess of Cambridge
Prince George
Princess Charlotte
Prince Louis
Peter Phillips & Lindsay Wallace
Savannah Phillips
Isla Phillips
Princess Beatrice, Mrs Mapelli Mozzi
Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi
Christopher Woolf
Princess Eugenie, Mrs Brooksbank
Jack Brooksbank
August Brooksbank
Mike Tindall
Zara Tindall
Mia Tindall
Lena Tindall
Lucas Tindall

have I missed anyone?
I read somewhere that the duke and duchess of Gloucester also attended but I didn't see any footage of them (but also hardly any of the York princesses and their families, so that doesn't say much).

More over, you might want to include Wolfie's full name. His surname is Mapelli Mozzi (just like his father); Woolf is his middle name.
Old 06-10-2022, 04:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camsterlaird View Post
Duc et Pair - do you a have a link to this event? It may have been in a private capacity, but I love seeing the Duchess of Kent, she is such a charming woman.

I think it's on this page, just below the photo of Lili:

https://royal-splendor.blogspot.com/...s-of-kent.html

I love that she's wearing sneakers. I'm 40 years younger than her, and I will absolutely NOT wear anything except supremely comfortable shoes, so I understand why she chose them :)
Old 06-10-2022, 05:19 PM
Courtier

I did see the Duchess of Gloucester at the pageant in a pic from Getty Images. Probably the Duke was there.
Old 06-10-2022, 07:30 PM
Majesty

Don’t know whether this is the correct thread for this article but it refers to a question that was asked of Australia’s Governor General and his wife when attending the Jubilee celebrations in London.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...8aa68abfb2dd50

After attending a Service of Thanksgiving, General Hurley was asked by waiting reporters about the possibility of Australia becoming a republic.
His said a “new discussion” would be had once the Queen's reign ended.
General Hurley also said the Queen had lots of “emotional support” from Australians but that could change when a new monarch ruled.
Old 06-10-2022, 07:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Don’t know whether this is the correct thread for this article but it refers to a question that was asked of Australia’s Governor General and his wife when attending the Jubilee celebrations in London.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...8aa68abfb2dd50

After attending a Service of Thanksgiving, General Hurley was asked by waiting reporters about the possibility of Australia becoming a republic.
His said a “new discussion” would be had once the Queen's reign ended.
General Hurley also said the Queen had lots of “emotional support” from Australians but that could change when a new monarch ruled.
Not a particularly diplomatic response considering he was attending a Thanksgiving service for the Platinum Jubilee.
I am not saying it was not an honest answer but could have been presented more diplomatically.
Old 06-10-2022, 08:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
Not a particularly diplomatic response considering he was attending a Thanksgiving service for the Platinum Jubilee.
I am not saying it was not an honest answer but could have been presented more diplomatically.
All he did was state the position in Australia and one that has been made by numerous PMs since we had the referendum in 1999. The issue will be revisited when the Queen dies (although the current PM has appointed a 'deputy minister for the republic which suggests it is being discussed at government level in serious terms at the moment).
Old 06-10-2022, 08:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
All he did was state the position in Australia and one that has been made by numerous PMs since we had the referendum in 1999. The issue will be revisited when the Queen dies (although the current PM has appointed a 'deputy minister for the republic which suggests it is being discussed at government level in serious terms at the moment).
I still think it unseemly to discuss somebody dying which in effect is what he did. He could have said something like that is a discussion for the future.
I am not for one minute claiming he said something which was not accurate.

I know how feel if my family discuss who is getting what when I pop my clogs.
Old 06-10-2022, 08:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

It is a commonly said comment down here - 'we will discuss it when the Queen dies' so nothing wrong to Aussies as it is where we are in this discussion. Poms don't understand that concept I suppose and see it as disrespectful but to Aussies it was perfectly fine as it was simply stating the views held by both sides of politics and the views that have been expressed for two decades now. He was asked a question and answered it and in light of the change of government to the very pro-republican Labor Party with the new 'deputy minister' it was a question he was always going to get and so he gave the largely official view.
Old 06-10-2022, 11:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

I didn't see the queen's nephew the Earl of Snowden or either of his children, Charles and Margarita.

We're they in attendance

"If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough" Sir Sidney Poitier
1927-2022
Old 06-11-2022, 12:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

They were at the Service of Thanksgiving and the event at the Guildhall afterwards. I didn't see them at anything else and they aren't listed in the CC as attending anything else (but then for most of the other events, other than Trooping, neither are the York's, Philip's or Tindall's.)
Old 06-11-2022, 05:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
I read somewhere that the duke and duchess of Gloucester also attended but I didn't see any footage of them (but also hardly any of the York princesses and their families, so that doesn't say much).

More over, you might want to include Wolfie's full name. His surname is Mapelli Mozzi (just like his father); Woolf is his middle name.
They did attend:
https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/f9...05751c571c465a

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/so...arance-photos/
Old 06-11-2022, 07:58 AM
Heir Apparent

I thought the Jubilee was splendid, and I'm so glad I got to go!

The only disappointment was that I couldn't access the Mall for Trooping, but that happened to so many people who were let down. We kept thinking we could get through but they kept closing the streets. (Not surprising; there were probably twice as many people in the streets around as there were in the Mall.)

When they closed Trafalgar Square, we gave up and ducked into a pub to watch it on television.

Still, it was great to be there!
Old 06-14-2022, 03:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post

I saw quite a few other members of the family in the background: Lady Davina, various Kent grandchildren, Ogilvys, etc. They were several rows behind the main royals, behind government dignitaries.
Old 06-14-2022, 06:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS3514 View Post
I saw quite a few other members of the family in the background: Lady Davina, various Kent grandchildren, Ogilvys, etc. They were several rows behind the main royals, behind government dignitaries.
Do you mean at the concert or the pagent, I didn't see any of those people at the pagent.
Old 06-29-2022, 02:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

An artist did a beautiful drawing of the Queen and Paddington (plus corgi). Even Hugh Bonneville wanted one! https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-humber-61757555

Tags
british royal family, buckingham palace, house of windsor, plantinum jubilee, queen elizabeth ii