State Funeral of HM Queen Elizabeth II: 19 September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
UK_zps6c589394.png

State Funeral of HM Queen Elizabeth II

Westminster Abbey

September 19, 2022

Last edited:
Guests have started entering the Abbey, mainly from charities in which the late Queen was patron.

Sky News with Alastair Bruce's commentary:

BBC if you prefer Huw Edwards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8xwqi_9GDs

BRF Official YouTube channel (no commentary):

Last edited:
Lovely to see Michael and Carole Middleton there as well as Tom Parker-Bowles

Is it known if the royal family is currently at Westminster Hall and share some last time with the Queen? Or are they still at Buckingham Palace?

Just looking through the order of service and could not find any Catholic representatives in the Religious Representatives list - does anyone know why ? (I can’t imagine it’s because of the history of the 2 religions) ? HDC

Just looking through the order of service and could not find any Catholic representatives in the Religious Representatives list - does anyone know why ? (I can’t imagine it’s because of the history of the 2 religions) ? HDC

They are listed under the Churches in each of the four nations - Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and England.

The Most Reverend Mark O'Toole, Archbishop of Cardiff
The Most Reverend Leo Cushley, Archbishop of St Andrews & Edinburgh
The Most Reverend Dr. Eamon Martin, Archbishop of Armagh and Primate of All Ireland
His Eminence Cardinal Vincent Nichols, Archbishop of Westminster

They are there. You just have to know which title is CoE or otherwise and which is RC. These are the four representatives of the Roman Catholic church.

Under Representing the Churches in Wales is The Archbishop of Cardiff The Most Reverent Mark O'Toole. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_O'Toole_(bishop)

Under Representing the Churches in Scotland is The Archbishop of St Andrews and Edinburgh The Most Reverend Leo Cushley https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Cushley

Under the Representing the 'Churches in England' is the Archbishop of Westminster Cardinal Vincent Nichols (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Nichols)

Under the Representing the 'Churches of Northern Ireland' is the Archbishop of Armagh and Primate of All Ireland The Most Reverend Dr Eamon Martin. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eamon_Martin)

George and Charlotte in the car with their mother and the Queen Consort

The Duchess of York is arriving with the rest of the family and is walking behind Louise Wessex and her brother.

The members of the Royal Family are arriving. I'm surprised that the Phillips girls and Mia aren't there. Perhaps that was why they were allowed to attend the Grandchildren's Vigil while George & Charlotte did not.

When will the foreign royals arrive?

They must have already arrived, but weren't shown on the broadcast since all of the other heads of state have arrived as well as former PMs, the current PM and the rest of the Royal Family.

Of course, as usual, we see not one second of the foreign royals walking down the aisle. Hopefully press photographers caught some pictures of them as they entered the abbey.

They are already there. The last to arrive are always the British royals at a BRF event. The host broadcaster didn't show them. I think they arrived before Biden. After he arrived it was the Commonwealth leaders, with an emphasis on the PMs of the UK and the other realms.

I believe they have already arrived, but were not shown by the British TV channels.

Hopefully we will be able to see them inside the Abbey depending on where they are seated.

They arrived just as King Charles' procession drove to the Hall. So all the cameras switched to cover that.

They are already there. The last to arrive are always the British royals at a BRF event. The host broadcaster didn't show them. I think they arrived before Biden. After he arrived it was the Commonwealth leaders, with an emphasis on the PMs of the UK and the other realms.

No, they arrived after Biden. They actually showed the two busses carrying them to the Abbey as they were being driven, but Charles' procession towards the Hall started and all camera feeds switched to covering that instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrew looks like he is barely holding it together as the coffin begins the short journey from the Hall to the Abbey.

Andrew looks like he is barely holding it together as the coffin begins the short journey from the Hall to the Abbey.

Yes I thought the same, he was chewing his lip to stop himself from crying.

It is always tricky as TBF they are usually scheduled to arrive last as a mark of respect for their rank and seniority - but that means arriving when other things inc the BRF leaving palaces happens. We will likely see them in edited coverage where the two can be put together.

Its a loose, loose, if they were scheduled to arrive earlier just to allow them to be seen on TV everyone would have a fit they aren't being shown proper rank and deference, arrive near the end and the cameras have other things.

No Savannah and Islamic Phillips nor Mia Tindall. I guess Duchess of York nor Autumn Phillips nor former Countess of Snowden received an invitation?

No Savannah and Islamic Phillips nor Mia Tindall. I guess Duchess of York nor Autumn Phillips nor former Countess of Snowden received an invitation?

Pretty sure Sarah, Duchess of York is there- the sky news commentator mentioned it and she walked in behind Beatrice and Eugenie

Duchess of York arrived with the rest of TRF, she was walking right behind James and Louise.

Back
Top Bottom