Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel, General News Part 1: June - September 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No sighting of the newlyweds this week-end?
I was hoping we would see them before the planned event next week in Orebro.

I am somewhat two folded on this story. On the one hand I do understand that rich or royal people do have friends who play in their own league and who would come up with expensive presents for certain occasions like weddings, birthdays and so forth. This is something normal for them where I would not see any harm. But on the other hand I do believe that especially when you are a resprentative of a state you need to be careful what you accept as presents from certain people. You can't accept everything as it would sometimes give the impression to the public that you are corrupt. I would have expected that the Royal House did some research in advance before Victoria and Daniel accepted the gifts. At least this is what big companies normally do in such cases. As said you have to be careful what you accept from other people when the whole country is watching you.

The difficulty for royalty is the security aspect. Staying on a private yacht, with the ower's own staff, is much easier to police and there are less likely to be 'leaks' to the media. And those who say that it did not cost Hult much more to put his property to Victoria's and Daniel's use are probably quite correct. Also, even people with not that much money will offer their home or holiday home/timeshare to good friends. You will also sometimes lend your car to a good friend. This is just on a slightly higher scale than most of us are used to, but it is the same principle.

No sighting of the newlyweds this week-end?
I was hoping we would see them before the planned event next week in Orebro.

I guess they have had a strong turn off by all this crazy stuff.

Probably not, Elisheva, because they are too in love to read dreary newspapers:whistling:
And than there's always the lovelife of the little brother to discuss... So they might not care about it much.

It must affect them somehow I would guess. Landing from cloud number 9 on the concrete floor of the republicans. It might not have been news in the USA or Canada, it certainly was in Europe all over the TV. I think they are being treated unfairly. I hope their debut as a married couple next Saturday will give them a boost.

It must affect them somehow I would guess. Landing from cloud number 9 on the concrete floor of the republicans. It might not have been news in the USA or Canada, it certainly was in Europe all over the TV. I think they are being treated unfairly. I hope their debut as a married couple next Saturday will give them a boost.
I was in Sweden by the time it came out and I haven't even notice it being big news there, if it would be all over TV and newspapers I'd have noticed it earlier then when I came back home.

This entire thing is ridiculous.
They're blowing this situation out of proportion.

I was in Sweden by the time it came out and I haven't even notice it being big news there, if it would be all over TV and newspapers I'd have noticed it earlier then when I came back home.

Well, it was big news in Germany, Holland and Belgium, both in papers and on TV. In Holland it was even in the 8 o'clock news and extensively discussed in a talk show. On ZDF in Germany it was also shown.

Well, it was big news in Germany, Holland and Belgium, both in papers and on TV. In Holland it was even in the 8 o'clock news and extensively discussed in a talk show. On ZDF in Germany it was also shown.

It seems that Holland and Germany must have thought it was a big scandal in Sweden. It was reported on the evening news one day and in the tabloids the next day and then nothing more

This is all fodder for people who would like to do away with the monarchy. It's out there, and it's ugly.

Aw no, it is only one more cheap story to print for the increasingly underpayed and understaffed journalists who in the small hours of the night try to get a newspaper together with the bits and pieces of information they find in the internet. Which is why it has come out big in countrys like Holland, Belgium and Germany, but not in Sweden itsself. The swedes probably know that nobody cares. Actually they would have more reason to worry about the loss of Haga park and the cost of renovation the castle.
The names Viktoria and Daniel sell, and if there is nothing else to write about them, any crumb of a scandal will do. No Royalist will become Republican because of it. It is just hot wind, I think.

Victoria and Daniel will be present at the Presentation of the 2010 Polar Music Prize in Stockholm Concert Hall with the King and the Queen, they have been added to the royal calendar at this event.
Royal Diary - Sveriges Kungahus

And the rumors begin. According to my sister who reads Se o hör this news came: According to sources of Se o hör Victoria is pregnant already but the pregnancy is still to early to reveal.

According to my sources Se o hör is going to run such a story every month until she actually reveals she is pregnant. Anotherone of my source told me that that paper isnt worth the paper its written on:whistling:

And the rumors begin. According to my sister who reads Se o hör this news came: According to sources of Se o hör Victoria is pregnant already but the pregnancy is still to early to reveal.

According to my sources Se o hör is going to run such a story every month until she actually reveals she is pregnant. Anotherone of my source told me that that paper isnt worth the paper its written on:whistling:

I´ve understood that the paper is trash, just like german magazines who say every month that some of the princesses is pregnant or had a miscarriage...

I´ve understood that the paper is trash, just like german magazines who say every month that some of the princesses is pregnant or had a miscarriage...

Ahh yes. The European versions of our National Enquirer and Star. Those are the trashy ones here in America. I feel bad for Victoria and Daniel already! :-( If she is pregnant, good for them. They both said they've wanted a family; if not, the papers need to leave them be.

Yeah, I was waiting this. And this has just started.:bang:

Actually took them long enough, here they'd make her pregnant already at the time of wedding. :lol: Trashy papers are good just for peeling potatoes. :whistling:

Actually took them long enough, here they'd make her pregnant already at the time of wedding. :lol: Trashy papers are good just for peeling potatoes. :whistling:

I heard a rumor last year that they had to get engaged since she was pregnant. That rumour lasted until they said 2010.

:previous: That would be one very very long pregnancy.

When will Victoria and Daniel have their first official duty after the honeymoon? It has been such a long time since last saw them. It's nearly September. I really hope we will see the beautiful couple soon. :)

When will Victoria and Daniel have their first official duty after the honeymoon? It has been such a long time since last saw them. It's nearly September. I really hope we will see the beautiful couple soon. :)

Örebro this Saturday. 200 year aniversiry of Joseph Bernadotte beeing dubbed crownprince of Sweden

Good, hopefully this will put an end to the matter.

I'm glad to hear that CP Victoria and husband Prince Daniel will finally be left alone. There never should have been a corruption investigation as they did nothing wrong. Maybe the person who accused them of corruption should be investigated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom