Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine, News Part 3: November 2015 - June 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Christian, Princess Isabella, Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine are, together with the rest of Denmark's school children, back to having to be homeschooled.

Today is the first day back in school after the schools' Christmas holiday, but the school day is not yet as it used to be. The Crown Prince Couple's four children attend a ordinary primary school and like all other Danish school children they have been sent home from school again due to the situation with Covid-19 and must homeschooled online by their school teachers and with the help of their parents, the Crown Prince Couple.

Thus, the Crown Prince's family, and many other Danish families with children, are back in the same situation as in the spring where all school children needed to be homeschooled.

At that time, the Crown Prince's family also sent a greeting to all Danes from their own home isolation. Here Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary said that home schooling required a certain adjustment both for the children and for them as parents. Prince Christian said he missed seeing his friends and being able to play sports. Princess Isabella thought homeschool was quite fun to try, whereas Prince Vincent honestly said that he thought that homeschooling was very boring! Princess Josephine added that she instead Facetimed with all her friends.

The video of the Crown Prince family’s greeting in the spring when the children last time were homeschooled:

On Friday, January 8, Vincent and Josephine can celebrate their first ‘round birthday’ - 10 years :daneflag2:

Where has time gone ...

With both Christian and Isabella it was marked quite well. New professionally taken pictures and they each got their own royal monogram.

I think it will be the same on Friday, January 8th, and that Vincent and Josephine will each receive their own royal monogram. I think I have read that all the Crown Prince's children get their own royal monogram.

The marking of Isabella’s 10 years birthday:

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be fantastic! And something to look forward too. Although I though Christian got his monogram much earlier then at 10?

It was a lovely surprise when Isabella got hers. :flowers:

I think you are right, Polyesco. It also makes sense as Christian is the firstborn.

Will be exciting to see if Vincent and Josephine also get a monogram on Friday ?

As everyone of you knows, Prince Christian was supposed to be confirmed last year. Due to the situation with Covid-19 it, like all other confirmations in Denmark, initially had to be postponed until the autumn and eventually Prince Christian’s had to be postponed until this year.
The confirmation of a heir to the throne is special and I think that the DRF hopes that it can be marked and celebrated with both Danish and foreign guests and royals (some of Christian's godparents are foreign royals and family and friends from Australia) and not least his Australian family from the other side of the globe.

With the worsening situation right now I may be worried about whether it can succeed in the spring. If not, I think Prince Christian's confirmation will probably end up being held as a minor private event as it can not continue to be postponed.

Let’s hope the situation improves in the coming months and that we can be allowed to celebrate a special event for Prince Christian.

Last edited:
I think they may, with a little luck be able to have a small (TV covered) family confirmation in May. But many guests, let alone foreign guests, no way.
The confirmation can be postponed to autumn and then things may look a lot brighter.

I think you're right. Luck is needed.
But let’s hope. A bit sad if Christian's confirmation can’t be celebrated in a ‘firstborn’ way (like we saw with Norwegian Ingrid-Alexandra’s confirmation). It is not that much we have had the opportunity to marks Prince Christian. I hope at least some of Mary's family can succeed in attend. I guess they are a big reason why F&M and Christian have chosen to postpone it for so long.

As everyone of you knows, Prince Christian was supposed to be confirmed last year. Due to the situation with Covid-19 it, like all other confirmations in Denmark, initially had to be postponed until the autumn and eventually Prince Christian’s had to be postponed until this year.
The confirmation of a heir to the throne is special and I think that the DRF hopes that it can be marked and celebrated with both Danish and foreign guests and royals (some of Christian's godparents are foreign royals and family and friends from Australia) and not least his Australian family from the other side of the globe.

With the worsening situation right now I may be worried about whether it can succeed in the spring. If not, I think Prince Christian's confirmation will probably end up being held as a minor private event as it can not continue to be postponed.

Let’s hope the situation improves in the coming months and that we can be allowed to celebrate a special event for Prince Christian.

Is it a possibility that it will be simply just held in private with just a few close family members?

I think they might be aiming for the autumn just because it seems impossible for it to happen on this side of summer. In autumn, a lot more people will hopefully have been vaccinated and as we saw last year, the virus wanes during the summer months.

But if foreign guests won't be able to make it come autumn, I think they'll go through with it with a smaller scale confirmation no matter what.

Another option is to postpone it till 2022 and do a joint confirmation with Isabella. Unlikely as Christian is the heir but probably wouldn't be unappealing for the two themselves when the alternative is being confirmed all on by yourself.

Thanks Roskilde. :flowers:

Do you know what is meant with Josephine being a "star-gazer"?
Or am I missing something obvious or astrological here?

I cannot believe the twins are 10 tomorrow :eek:

It’s a position the baby is in during the birth. Head first but with the face up.

Would that not mean that she has been born by caesarian?
It’s a position the baby is in during the birth. Head first but with the face up.

At the pressconference after the twin's birth it was said that both babies were born naturally. And that the girl came with her feet first.
This could have caused problems, but in that case there was no problem "because the boy had prepared the way for the girl".( I remember this remark by the doctor particularly because some posters thought it was tactless)
I have never before read that Josephine came with her face up.

Last edited:
From what I remember; no cesarean birth, Josephine was born 20ish minutes after Vincent.
Josephine, if I remember correctly, was born feet first, and since Vincent was born first (head first) and "opened" the passage, so to say, there was no issue with having to re-position the second baby head first.
:flowers:

Crown Princess Mary had a big wish to give birth to the twins naturally (like she did with Christian and Isabella). And her wish was fulfilled as Mary gave birth to the twins by a so-called natural spontaneous vaginal birth with approx. 20 minutes between each child.

Mary had contractions at night. At 06 in the morning Frederik and Mary contacted the hospital. About an hour later, Frederik drove his wife to the hospital where they arrived around 07 in the morning. With Mary having given birth twice before, she was experienced and already in active labor on arrival.
(I remember having read she had to be driven in a wheelchair the last way to her room)
At 10.30 Mary gave birth to Vincent (2674 grams and 47 cm).
At 10. 56 Mary gave birth to Josephine (2554 grams and 46 cm.)
Beautiful sizes of twins that are most often born prematurely and on average weigh about 1 kg less at birth than a single child. Twins are also by nature more 'matured' as they are most often born prematurely. Mary was due in late January and therefore gave birth only three weeks before time. A well done twin pregnancy.

Dear Muhler :flowers: I think the text has been corrected because yes Josephine was born as a ‘breech baby’ with the feet first instead of the head as usual. It can cause quite big problems if there is only one child, but it is something else with twin births: When the birth is approaching the baby turn around with its head in its mother's pelvis. In the case of twin births the twin A often is in the correct position and thus is born with the head first. When twin A is born there is suddenly plenty of room in the stomach for twin B to turn around. You can try to hold the pregnant woman's belly so that twin B doesn’t turn around if it is lying correctly or you can try to turn it if it is lying incorrectly. But it is difficult and most often twin B is born in a breech birth. It is most often no big deal as twin A have cleared the way out and therefore twin B is most often born without problems - whether it comes with the head or the feet first.

All this was told by Mary's midwife at the press conference and I remember I though it was exciting we got so much information and I think it was because a natural twin birth after all is a big thing.

Last edited:
Dear Muhler :flowers: I think the text has been corrected because yes Josephine was born as a ‘breech baby’ with the feet first instead of the head as usual. It can cause quite big problems if there is only one child, but it is something else with twin births: When the birth is approaching the baby turn around with its head in its mother's pelvis. In the case of twin births the twin A often is in the correct position and thus is born with the head first. When twin A is born there is suddenly plenty of room in the stomach for twin B to turn around. You can try to hold the pregnant woman's belly so that twin B doesn’t turn around if it is lying correctly or you can try to turn it if it is lying incorrectly. But it is difficult and most often twin B is born in a breech birth. It is most often no big deal as twin A have cleared the way out and therefore twin B is most often born without problems - whether it comes with the head or the feet first.

All this was told by Mary's midwife at the press conference and I remember I though it was exciting we got so much information and I think it was because a natural twin birth after all is a big thing.
So fascinating :ohmy::flowers: I remember the time when Mary was pregnant with the twins, and I remember the day they left the hospital carrying the twins. However, I never heard the details of their birth before. Quite amazing she had a natural birth with twins.

I think you're right. Luck is needed.
But let’s hope. A bit sad if Christian's confirmation can’t be celebrated in a ‘firstborn’ way (like we saw with Norwegian Ingrid-Alexandra’s confirmation). It is not that much we have had the opportunity to marks Prince Christian. I hope at least some of Mary's family can succeed in attend. I guess they are a big reason why F&M and Christian have chosen to postpone it for so long.

Having Mary's family from Australia attend would, I imagine, require Christian's confirmation being in the second half of the year at the earliest, and even then depending on the changing circumstances of the pandemic and how well Europe is able to quash the current mutation/wave, may not happen.

Australian citizens aren't allowed to leave the country without a permit, and those permits are only given for a handful of circumstances (assisting in COVID response, urgent medical care, business/national interest, compassionate grounds or a trip 3+ months). The current timeline for reopening of borders is mid-March 2021, but the government has indicated this is likely to be pushed back until the vaccine is widely distributed. The other thing to be taken into consideration is that even if Mary's family do get to leave the country, they may not be able to get back into the country for several months after they leave as we are capped at how many international arrivals are allowed back each week and there already is a backlog of over 30,000 people waiting to return.

Lovely new photos! Happy birthday to the twins!

Can't believe it's been 10 years since they were born:lol::lol::lol:

P.s. I remember Isabella getting her royal monogram on her 10th birthday. Don't the twins get one as well?

Aww, what wonderful new photos of Vincent and Josephine for their 10 year birthday!

They are such beautiful and charming children!
With happy eyes full of life :wub:
F&M make beautiful children together.

A very happy birthday to Vincent and Josephine on their first ‘round birthday.’
Getting twins is just a big thing and they have been a gift and a lovely surprise not only for F&M, but for all of us.

P.s. I remember Isabella getting her royal monogram on her 10th birthday. Don't the twins get one as well?

I guess we must wait and see through the day.

I really love the individual pictures too!
They are a mini-Frederik and mini-Mary.
The two photos of Josephine is all Mary :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely pictures.
I remember CP Mary's being pregnant at the same time as I was. The twins were born on my duedate, I had to wait for 9 more days. :D
Would have been fun to have my daughter share her birthday with them.

Gorgeous photos! Princess Josephine is all CP Mary!
Prince Vincent is interesting - looking at some of the photos of Prince Henrik, I think he favours the Monpezats side

One word...STUNNING. Happy birthday to the twins.

Lovely photos, many thanks for sharing the links Polyesco. Gosh ten years already.

I remember when the proud parents left the hospital holding a baby each and when they reached the end of that long foyer where some nurses were standing and a few patients were in wheelchairs near the door. Fred and Mary very generously handed a bonnet each to the wheelchair people to put over the babies heads as their hands were full. It was all very quick then out into the cold and the precious bundles were quickly put into the car and Mary rode in the back seat with them on the journey home. I will never forget that.

And the birthday twins have gotten their monograms today:

Vincent:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJyBJh5AIG1/

Josephine:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJyBOOjAHiD/

** kongehuset: H.K.H. Prins Vincent får kongeligt monogram **

** kongehuset: H.K.H. Prinsesse Josephine får kongeligt monogram **

The monogram was designed by graphic designer Charlotte Søeborg Ohlsen, with professional assistance from graphic designer Mads Quistgaard and graphic designer Cecilie Kirkeskov Knudsen.

Last edited:
Everytime I see Princess Josephine I think she is the secret boss of her family.

Prince Vincent is so physically different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom