Carlos, Duke of Parma & Annemarie Gualthérie van Weezel, June & Nov 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Again I admire the perfect family relationship among the Dutch Royal family.
They were all thereThe Queen , Princess Magriet and her husband and also Christina and their children.
I like that too. A big loving family.
The bride looked lovely :flowers:. But I don`t like the tiara at all, the pearls are too big.
Princess Marilene and Aimee had nice, elegant coats (Marilene`s was recycled). The other outfits were... let`s say not so nice.

Normally the Belgian RF never assist to weddings or funerals in Belgium.
Prince Lorenz was there privately I believe as friend ?
Prince Lorenz is a second cousin of Duke Carlos, being Lorenz's grandmother (Empress Zita of Austria) a sister of Carlos' grandfather, Duke Xavier of Parma; so it's possible that he attended the wedding a both a relative of the groom and as representative of the Austrian Imperial Family.

Did anyone of Carlos' Luxemburgian royal cousins attend the wedding?

Last edited:
Mathilde of Belgium is not here? Thanks...

No,HRH has engagements today and btw,is not in the close circle of TRH The Duke and Duchess either.:)

Something borrowed,the tiara is the base of the dutch emerald tiara,but with the grand pearls of
Queen Anna Pawlovna added.Lovely gesture by Aunt Beatrix.:)

The bride looked nice except her tiara which I find hideous for its v shape. All the women look terrible! The only ones who look ok is Aimee and Laurentien if she didn't have that hat. Maxima is without a doubt the worst dressed one! Overall though a pretty nice wedding, i just wished that the groom bought his wife her own tiara...

Archduchess Marie-Astrid is King Albert Ii's niece. Although the King and the Queen did not assist at Marie-christine's wedding their children were there.
Concerning the Habsbourg there is a close relationship between the RF and them.

Wow, fashion disaster. The dress of the bride is an ugly fit, maxima's hat is too flat and her pants ain't all that flattering either. Mabel is a joke.

I must say that I'm suprised how Annemarie looks. She's stunning :wub: Pretty simple dress and lovely lace veil, I'm speechless. I must agree - royal ladies made a few fashion crimes... but I found someone
PPE1
PPE2
Princess Carolina, she looks great :)

I have to say that I think all of the women were poorly dressed today. What were they thinking. And, Mabel?! :bang:

I must say that I'm suprised how Annemarie looks. She's stunning :wub: Pretty simple dress and lovely lace veil, I'm speechless. I must agree - royal ladies made a few fashion crimes... but I found someone
PPE1
PPE2
You are right agami.pearl, Princess Carolina looks great!;)

So, where is the reception being held (or was held, I don't know)?

PPE1
PPE2

Princess Carolina's my "best dressed" in that beautiful purple. Just about everyone looked horrible except for Princess Marilene in a recycled Valentino and Princess Margarita looked nice in red. Princess Juliana looked a mess...like she was just walking by and decided to crash a wedding.

I think the bride looks gorgeous and although I never cared for the pearl version of the emerald tiara it somehow looks lovely on her.

Thanks for the pictures, fanvanmaxima! It is nice to see how they RF interacts.

The couple looks happy, and so does his family actually. Nice to see several in-laws there. Marilene's parents attended, as did the parents of Laurentien (both fathers were former government ministers). And it seems they invited former prime minister Balkenende, Euro commissioner Neelie Kroes, Herman Tjeenk-Willink, former ministers Joop Wijn and Rogier van Boxtel, astronaut Wubbo Ockels and NOS political correspondent Ferry Mingelen. The ceremony was organized by the former master of ceremonies of the court, Gilbert Monod de Froideville, who also organized the marriages of the sons of the Queen and the three most recent funerals in Delft/

I never expected many foreign royals to be present, but I suppose change of date also played a role here. I believe Máxima was supposed to attend an event with Mathilde today but she cancelled.

Did only Constantijn & Laurentien take their children or was Princess Margarita's daughter Julia also there?

Nice to see that the entire family attended the wedding, even all the Guillermos!
---
The fashion: I must say that the sisters of the groom both looked good, and it is nice to see that princess Margarita is expecting her 2nd child.

I wonder why princess Máxima always wear these kind of (Natan) trousers, they are extremely unflattering and make her look twice her size

The birde looked ok, though I never cared for this tiara, I think it would be slightly better without any prongs (emerald or pearls), but well... The tiara was originally a christmas present of Queen Emma to her daughter Wilhelmina in 1896 btw.

---

The grom has a job that deals with 'sustainability', so to stay in style the veil of the bride was not made of lace but of.......'sustainable' paper! It was designed by the Belgian artist Isabelle Borchgrave.

Witnesses for the groom: prince Constantijn and count Jean Charles Ullens de Schooten (son of Css Madelaine Bernadotte) and of the bride: her sister Constance and her friend Katerina Polykarpou-Karanasiou.

The party was at Chateau de la Hulpe, property of the barons Solvay (related to the barons Janssen, one of whom is marrying a sister of princess Mathilde of Belgium.
http://chateaudelahulpe.wallonie.be/apps/spip/article.php3?id_article=2

----

And blauw bloed has two items about the wedding:

http://player.omroep.nl/?aflID=11728752

The first one staring after 4:50 minutes and the second one after 20:25 minutes. Some funny moments actually, as they both seem a bit clumsy (by the stress of the wedding perhaps).

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your pictures and especially fanvanmaxima for sharing your work. Annemarie looked absolutely stunning and I liked her tiara except the stylist positioned so that it laid back on her head. I was disappointed the most at Maxima's style, I hate those pants. At least Mabel wore a skirt......that's all I can say about her outfit. I guess Mabel, Maxima and some other family members took the theme of low key literally.:p

Lucien, Could you find a bigger picture of the group ?
Were the 3 unmarried Princesses of Bourbon-Parme there ?
Why did the Duke not wear his new decoration as his father did ?
Thanks for answer .

Thanks a lot for your answer.
I think now most weddings are 'jacquetweddings" instead of "cravate blanc"weddings

Is there a difference between "cravate blanc or in french "habit/uniform with decorations" and "black tie" ?

I see that the bride wore a Dutch tiara, is because the Bourbon-parma House has not a tiara?

Thanks Stefan; and is it known the name of his girlfriend?

BelgaPicture - Category details
Gallery from Belga

Yes the name of Nicolas Guillermo's partner is Chrissy Eylon.
They are a couple already for several years and live together since 2006.
She was first seen officially at the wedding of Nicolas' elder brother Bernardo

Last edited:
I see that the bride wore a Dutch tiara, is because the Bourbon-parma House has not a tiara?

That is one reason as it disappeared,and it's a something borrowed thing,as in something borrowed something blue...Very nice of Aunt Beatrix to let her have that,but then Carlos has a special place in her heart and life.As a child he often stayed with her at Drakensteyn,grew up with her sons for longer periods of time.:)

Last edited:
Wonderful video... the bride was really marvellous looking !

Thanks for posting the video stefan! It seems that the children of prince Constantijn were only there to see the rest of the family artrive by bus, and later went away with their baby sitter.

-

Some odd news about the wedding: Edwin de Roy (former brother-in-law of the duke) was hold for questioning by the police. it had something to do with an attack on Spamnish royals during this wedding.... which is rather odd as there were no Spanish royals present and I don't see why he would attack Spanish royals. He also says that the police spoke to him on Schiphol airport a few days before the funeral of the duke of parma, with the information that he was not allowed to travel to Italy on that day (as they feared he would make a scene).

According to Edwin, the police also questioned his mother and sister, who were very upset. Still, why on earth would they question him if they did not have any reason to think that there was a plot to attack Spanish royals (and a link to Edwin) is also a mystery to me.

Back
Top Bottom