British Royal Christmas 2: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't mean to make a big conversation of it. I'd just finished reading a negative article and would rather they wrote positive ones

I doubt anyone would write anything about it at all, TBH. No-one actually poses for the camera on the way to church: they just walk, and stop to accept any flowers being offered. Tom and Laura and their families have kept out of the spotlight, and most people wouldn't recognise them if they passed them in the street. People will be looking at the children, and to see what the younger royal women are wearing. No-one's going to put a picture of Tom Parker Bowles on the front page of the Boxing Day papers, rather than a picture of Charlotte accepting a posy of flowers.

I doubt anyone would write anything about it at all, TBH. No-one actually poses for the camera on the way to church: they just walk, and stop to accept any flowers being offered. Tom and Laura and their families have kept out of the spotlight, and most people wouldn't recognise them if they passed them in the street. People will be looking at the children, and to see what the younger royal women are wearing. No-one's going to put a picture of Tom Parker Bowles on the front page of the Boxing Day papers, rather than a picture of Charlotte accepting a posy of flowers.

True. I don't know that I would recognize Camillas family if I saw them.

If they walk to church, I expect QCamilla's family will be at the back, perhaps after the Chattos and Armstrong-Jones; they're usually there each year but rarely get photographed. It will be nice for QC to have them there, just like last year with Sarah DoY, though we didn't see her, we know she was at Sandringham, not sure about the church.

I don't think anyone should have a hissyfit just because the Parker-Bowles family are with the Royal family for Christmas. It's not as if the King has decided to make Tom a Duke and Laura a Lady just because they are related to his wife, as might possibly have been done in centuries gone by.

Most families these days, I would imagine, have some sort of blended family situation; I know I do.

If they walk to church, I expect QCamilla's family will be at the back, perhaps after the Chattos and Armstrong-Jones; they're usually there each year but rarely get photographed. It will be nice for QC to have them there, just like last year with Sarah DoY, though we didn't see her, we know she was at Sandringham, not sure about the church.

I don't think anyone should have a hissyfit just because the Parker-Bowles family are with the Royal family for Christmas. It's not as if the King has decided to make Tom a Duke and Laura a Lady just because they are related to his wife, as might possibly have been done in centuries gone by.

Most families these days, I would imagine, have some sort of blended family situation; I know I do.
I totally agree and why should Queen Camilla not have her family at her side.

I didn't expect for people to keep commenting on one offhanded remark. I'm sorry I said anything.

I didn't expect for people to keep commenting on one offhanded remark. I'm sorry I said anything.

It is just conversation, sharing of thoughts and opinions. I find it interesting to read the views of others on our Royals and how they are perceived.

Laura was there last year. My have been in church just gone separately. Nothing wrong with that.

Interesting to see Sarah at the main service today. I think that may be the first time since 1992 - after her separation but she is there large as life, along with Andrew and the rest of the family.

Was that Mia holding hands with Louis? Cute! I'm glad to see Sarah there - she has had a difficult year and it's good that she'll be spending Christmas with her children and grandchildren.

Interesting to see Sarah at the main service today. I think that may be the first time since 1992 - after her separation but she is there large as life, along with Andrew and the rest of the family.

Indeed. And despite all the commentary, I don't think Camilla's children were there on the walk to church.

It's indeed a very interesting turn of events and speaks volumes about the new family dynamic, considering the presumed "tensions" of the past few years between Sarah and other members of the BRF.

As a matter of fact the Queen's children didn't seem to be at the Service.

Apparently some American visitors landed at Heathrow this morning and took a taxi all the way to Sandringham - 135 miles - to see the royals arrive at church. That's very impressive devotion!

I was so nice to see Sarah join the family. To be honest -- I'm not surprised. I think Charles knows and really understands that Andrew and Sarah are devoted to each other, their children, and their grandchildren. I understand the nastiness of the Epstein saga ... but, as Andrew ages in a non-public role ... I think that Charles wants him to have Sarah's companionship.

I wouldn't be surprised if they remarried ... JMHO

Must have been a sale…

…on scarves.

Is it just me, or do Anne, Tim, Lord Linley, and Lady Louise all sport identical scarves this morning? Coincidence, joke, or team-building exercise?

…on scarves.

Is it just me, or do Anne, Tim, Lord Linley, and Lady Louise all sport identical scarves this morning? Coincidence, joke, or team-building exercise?
Some savvy or last minute gift giver bought in bulk this year and realized that Amazon delivers to Sandringham?

Last edited:
Indeed. And despite all the commentary, I don't think Camilla's children were there on the walk to church.

I don’t think either want to raise their profiles any further and provoke the inevitable negative comments. If they are spending Christmas at Sandringham, good but they have their own families and their Dad so lots of places to alternate between.

Was that Mia holding hands with Louis? Cute! I'm glad to see Sarah there - she has had a difficult year and it's good that she'll be spending Christmas with her children and grandchildren.

That is cute to see Louis and Mia holding hands.

It is nice to see Sarah there. The rest of her family is at Sandringhim. So…why not.

I’d love to hear the story behind the matching scarves of Tim, Anne and Louise.

It’s nice to see the tradition continue of the whole family gathering at Sandringham. I wasn’t surprised last year things stayed the same, but thought if changes were going to come, this might be the year.

Last edited:
That is cute to see Louis and Mia holding hands.

It is nice to see Sarah there. The rest of her family is at Sandringhim. So…why not.

I’d love to hear the story behind the matching scarves of Tim, Anne and Louise.

I agree that it is very nice to see Sarah there with her family at Christmas. I understand that the Yorks, Brooksbanks and Mapelli-Mozzis are staying at Wood Farm.:wreath:

I agree that it is very nice to see Sarah there with her family at Christmas. I understand that the Yorks, Brooksbanks and Mapelli-Mozzis are staying at Wood Farm.:wreath:

Whose in the main house so. The rest minus the Wales’?

Whose in the main house so. The rest minus the Wales’?

I'm guessing that the rest are at the main house unless the Tindalls and/or Phillips are with the Wales? From what I have read, Sandringham is rather small compared to other royal properties. Since the Tindalls and Wales all have kids around the same age, perhaps they were "encouraged" to stay together and let everyone else sleep in as long as possible. ;):stocking:

I'm guessing that the rest are at the main house unless the Tindalls and/or Phillips are with the Wales? Since the Tindalls and Wales all have kids around the same age, perhaps they were "encouraged" to stay together and let everyone else sleep in as long as possible. ;):stocking:

Well Peter isn’t there this year so maybe they are. Would make sense really.

But there are loads of houses on the Sandringham estate. They may all be dotted around.

Camillas kids may well be there too.

Most of the comments on the DM are very critical of Andrew and Fergie being there with the rest of the family.

Still, they are only attending church, not participating in a royal event.

Imagine people complaining about who is attending church with whom?
Crazy, sad world.
Everyone looks healthy and happy to be together and to me that is most important.
Merry Christmas to all!

They seem a happy united family. That all of us could ask for such.

They don’t have to go. They choose too. Says a lot. Particularly of Charles relationships with his cousins. To include Fergie after her year says a lot too.

Back
Top Bottom