Belgium's National Day - 21 July 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:) OMG thankyou for the pictures.
too bad amedeo wasn't there. joachim is really HOT! ;)

Mathilde's outfit is just beautiful. I really love it except for that hat/bandage thing on her head. The colour doesn't match with her outfit. I really just can't get over how good the dress is. Little Elisabeth was just so adorable. Aww. I just love what Claire wore as well. The jacket was very pretty. I'm not a big fan of white suits, but the one Mathilde wore later on looked very pretty on her. Poor Joachim and his leg. :(

I love Mathilde's dress! :) But I dislike her hat, I think it would have been better if it was in a brighter colour, a pink like Elisabeth's dress maybe. Elisabeth is soooo adorable and soo cute!! Paola looked wonderful, the purply-coloured hat looked marvelous on her. Claire also looked wonderful, her pantsuit was simply beautiful. Fabiola is getting more beautiful with age.
Thanks to everyone who posted pictures!!

Wow, Mathilde's sense of style is slowly changing, I think. And I think as someone stated earlier, Yes, it looks like she has changed her make-up. That is such a pity because she looks waaaaay more beautiful with natural, if any, make-up...the eyeliner is just not working for her. I miss the old make-up :(--she definately has the skin for it and all that eyeliner really makes her face looks sort of out of balance because she's so fair skinned. I liked older outfits a lot better than I'm liking these. But she looks fantastic!! And little Elisabeth is encredibly CUTE!! They all look so wonderful...like a very happy family!! :D

And I LOVE Claire's pant suit and absolutely adored her hat!! :)

I loved Mathilde's whole ensemble today. Just so elegant...

Thank you so much for the wonderful pictures!

here are some more from nieuwsblad.be

Attachments

• NF_1_210706.jpg
    NF_1_210706.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 321
  • NF_8_210706.jpg
    NF_8_210706.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 287
  • NF_6_210706.jpg
    NF_6_210706.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 380
  • NF_5_210706.jpg
    NF_5_210706.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 232
  • NF_4_210706.jpg
    NF_4_210706.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 291
  • NF_3_210706.jpg
    NF_3_210706.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 229
A BIG THANKS to everyone for posting and putting so much effort and energy in this thread, regarding the national day in Belgium...
I appriciate very, very much the wonderful work you've all done ! Peace... ( now more than ever needed ):) :) :)

Despite the heat more than 100,000 people had come to Brussels for the festivities.

Video about the national day (first 15 mins.): http://www.vtm.be/nieuws/index_bekijkonline.htm (19h)

Among the people waiting outside the cathedral to see the royals there was a lady who said "I shook hands with Elisabeth and she did really well! She looks just like her dad and Mathilde told me that all 3 of them look just like their father. I said to her, well just have a 4th then and it'll look like you. She agreed, so who knows"

thanks for the video Hannelore, when watching it I was strucked about how much King Albert reminds me of his cousin King Harald, not so much in looks, but in their friendly and jovial way of acting and laughing when around other people.

It looks like Mathilde was wearing stockings for the te deum, she's able to endure great temperatures :D

Some people talk here about the change of look of Mathilde. I think it is comparable with the evolution of princes Diana. The first years when she was just a young lady, she just 20, Mathilde 26, they were dressed in a different way. More girly, or too old, in a way they had to search to put a line in their clothing. Being dressed as a princess is a bit different of normal people. Now Mathilde is a real woman, with 3 children, the girl is gone. And i think you can see that in her clothing and her behaviour.
And also the prince is more stylish when you compare it with the ever black/gray/dark brown suits he was wearing before he knew Mathilde (and Natan).

Last edited:
Not sure about Mathilde's outfit and hat---I have seen her look much better!

Paula** said:
Who is Joachim? is he Amadeo's brother?

Yes, he's Amedeo's younger brother. :)

Yes. He is Amadeo's younger brother. There are five children in the family of Lorenz and Astrid: Amadeo, Maria Laura, Joachim, Maria Luisa and Maria Letizia. I may have put one of the Maria's in the wrong place but each girl has Maria in her name.

It's Maria Laura, Luisa Maria and Laetitia Maria. Nearly correct :)

Here ar some pictures- I hope they weren't posted, but I haven't seen them here:
21-07-2006 Warandepark Princess Mathilde and prince Filip ( Philippe) visited in the Warandepark the BOIC for an Olympic picnic at the occasion of 100 year BOIC.
source: PicturePressEurope

06072170.jpg
06072172.jpg
06072173.jpg

06072175.jpg
06072176.jpg
06072177.jpg

06072179.jpg
06072180.jpg
06072181.jpg
06072182.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
from waypress

Attachments

• strtrgt.jpg
    strtrgt.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 233
  • rertrte.jpg
    rertrte.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 344
  • open_tempfhghjghj.jpg
    open_tempfhghjghj.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 285
  • open_tempgg.jpg
    open_tempgg.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 218
  • open_tempfrfrerrt.jpg
    open_tempfrfrerrt.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 248
  • open_temperetert.jpg
    open_temperetert.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 167
  • open_temp.jpg
    open_temp.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 268
Thank you very much for the beautiful photos. Mathilde is very pretty and elegant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom