Belgium's National Day - 21 July 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hannelore said:
Wait untill you see the back of the dress, it's just perfect.
Yes, it´s too bad there isn´t a picture of the backside yet. It´s beautiful: low-cut with a knot. But you can admire it (and the very professional Elisabeth and her proud grandparents) online!
Follow this link http://www.vtm.be/nieuws/index_bekijkonline.htm
and go to "Vrijdag 21/07, 13u" and then click on breedband or modem, at about 4:35 min runtime you can see a report of the Te Deum.

Last edited:
Lovely photos, and lovely to see!!! They all look so happy. Mathilde look great, this couple is very natural and so in love. Elisabeth is so cute and adorable.

I am happy to see Elisabeth act her age. It's hard for a child to stay still for long, but Elisabeth is a sweet, well-behaved child. I love the dresses of Elisabeth and the queen, but I don't care for Mathilde's dress. I guess the dress is a Nathan, because it reminds me of one the grand duchess would wear.

Fab! pictures thanks for posting them ,Mathilde looks so lovely
love the out fit !!!!!!!!!!

This is my first time watching so I have a quick question (and probably more later )

who are the people that they were shaking hands with at the begining, they were sitting in the red box, at first I thought they were gov't officials but seeing how many of them were taking pictures that didn't seem right

Many thanks

another one, who are the people in the red jumpers with blue caps ?

Last edited:
Hannelore said:
Wait untill you see the back of the dress, it's just perfect.

I'm waiting, Hannelore...
Well, johann, I've seen it:D... after seeing the back-detail I wish Mathilde would choose, this time, a different hat... but what can I say, only Mathilde to wear a not-so-nice headpiece and still shine :).
Going to check your link johann, Thank You for sharing :)!

Meanwhile I'm amazed with Princess Elizabeth, she is perfect in her, I think, first public duty.

One can see how well-raised she is. She has no clue about what she represents, she is surprised and overwhelmed with so much attention, tenderness and gifts to her... in those pics I see many of her father's expressions.

Her pics inside the church behaving like a child she is but correcting it when her mother asks her to show she is a very intelligent Queen-to-be!

Wonderful! I'm so glad that Crown Princes brought liltle Princess along.

Regards,
mtbcm :)

Last edited:
Wonderful photos, everyone! Thank you so much. I love the color of Mathilde's dress and how it matches the buttons on Elisabeth's dress. And, Elisabeth, what a precious child she is!

Thank you so much for the pics. elisabeth looks completely adorable in that pink dress. What a beautiful family

How cute Elisabeth looks! Although I must say I am not so in love with Mathilde's dress or hat. Very unique.

great pics from the nationaal day and Elizabeth also!!!

The miltary parade just ended. Astrid and Joachim were present, Claire and Laurent as well.

Claire wore beige pants *yawn* with a beige-red jacket (this style: http://www.anpbeeld.nl/downloadpicturepreview.pp?id=1062624) and a red hat. Very boring IMO. It doesn't have to be the cowboy outfit of 2 years ago, but something in between shouldn't be so hard to find ...

from Belga

Attachments

• IB_060721_TeDeumWavre_b.jpg
    IB_060721_TeDeumWavre_b.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 264
  • IB_060721_TeDeumWavre2_b.jpg
    IB_060721_TeDeumWavre2_b.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 276
  • IB_060721_TeDeumLeuven_b.jpg
    IB_060721_TeDeumLeuven_b.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 278
  • IB_060721_TeDeumLeuven3_b.jpg
    IB_060721_TeDeumLeuven3_b.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 244
  • IB_060721_TeDeumLeuven2_b.jpg
    IB_060721_TeDeumLeuven2_b.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 236
  • IB_060721_TeDeum-01_b.jpg
    IB_060721_TeDeum-01_b.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 286
Some pics from the military parade in front of the Royal Palace in Brussels. Reuters (via yahoo)

Last edited:
I take it that National Day is a holiday for the whole country. Is that so? And do most towns have a parade or some type of organized festival? Do citizens hang out their flags?

the pictures are beautiful! i loved how mathilde looked with the morning dress and specially claire's blue jacket. the hat of mathilde in the second event seems quite similar to the one maxima wore when visiting belgium last month, doesn't it? perhaps it's the same one? i think it looks great, very trendy.

elisabeth is such a sweet young lady....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom