Belgian National Day - 21 July, 2: 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
183px-State_Coat_of_Arms_of_Belgium.svg.png

Arms of the Kingdom of Belgium (lesser version)

Welcome to Belgian National Day 21 July Part 2

Commencing July 21st 2023

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited:
As every year the National Day speech has been released in three languages today.

A copy of the King's speech in..

** Dutch ** French ** German **

This evening the traditional concert on the eve of the National Day took place at the Flagey concert hall and King Philippe and Queen Mathilde afterwards attended the Bal National concert:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
Very Important National Day. King Albert II and Queen Paola will be in the morning at the Cathedral . The National Defilé will be very special (10 airplanes). Sadly we will heve Rain.
(drache nationale)

Last edited by a moderator:
What a beautiful family. What wonderful children (I can't believe how grown up and beautiful they are!) I can't stop smiling.

King Albert looked in such good spirits, that is so wonderful. But of course he is very frail and left immediately after the service.

Last edited:
I actually didn't expect to see old King Albert at the Mass given his recent ill health.

I noticed that both Philippe and Gabriel seemed to be keeping an eye on him at the cathedral, I guess he's still on the mend and not 100% back.

As every year the National Day speech has been released in three languages today.

It should be mentioned that the portrait of King Boudewijn we can see in this video was painted by King Filip himself. What a talented artist!

The King's siblings and half-sister have arrived for the military parade.

:previous:

Prince Emmanuel and Princess Eléonore have arrived as well.

Queen Mathilde is crying watching her two eldest march in the military parade. Seems like just yesterday they were toddlers.
:belgiumflag:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cu9qWSaoGNM/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Claire figured that she could beat Elisabeth with her hat...

What a really proud moment for the King and the Queen!

The Royal Family is en route to Jubelpark. The ladies are in green/white. The boys look so handsome.

Last edited:
Belgian National Day - 21 July, 2009-2023

The green outfits were worn for the events in the Warandepark across the Royal Palace and on the Koningsplein around the corner.

The evening concert and fire works are at the Jubelpark.

Last edited:
The family is very much so in Jubelpark.

Here's Princess Claire and her children greeting Delphine and her family.

Their Majesties and their children in Jubelpark for the concert.
https://www.shutterstock.com/es/edi...ippe---filip-belgium-queen-mathilde-14017906b

Besides showing off his painting skills, King Filip was also filmed playing the Moonlight Sonata.
https://instagram.com/stories/belgi...e=ig_story_item_share&igshid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==

Annnnd finally, The King's speech at the end of the concert.

And the Fireworks.

Last edited:
Concert and at the end ,the whole Royal family went on the stage and the King said "Happy Belgium", a great firework and our Brabançonne . Unforgettable !

Lovely moments before the concert of the family greeting eachother and having a little chat. It is really wonderful to see them all getting on so well together after all the struggles.

Laurent's gonna Laurent, it seems.

What on Earth is wrong with saying "Mathilde, your adult son wants you"? Then she has to apologize to Delphine for him!

It's just a minor moment but this family is too fragile for him not to act a little more politely, however difficult it might be for him.

Philippe, Mathilde and their 4 gorgeous children in full effect are simply stunning.

Lucky Belgians.;)

The family is very much so in Jubelpark.

Here's Princess Claire and her children greeting Delphine and her family.

Their Majesties and their children in Jubelpark for the concert.
https://www.shutterstock.com/es/edi...ippe---filip-belgium-queen-mathilde-14017906b

Besides showing off his painting skills, King Filip was also filmed playing the Moonlight Sonata.
https://instagram.com/stories/belgi...e=ig_story_item_share&igshid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==

Annnnd finally, The King's speech at the end of the concert.

And the Fireworks.

I don't think anyone realized how artistic Philippe is, he's a very good painter and also likes to play the piano. :flowers:

Laurent's gonna Laurent, it seems.

What on Earth is wrong with saying "Mathilde, your adult son wants you"? Then she has to apologize to Delphine for him!

It's just a minor moment but this family is too fragile for him not to act a little more politely, however difficult it might be for him.

Even Gabriel was kind of embarrassed about his uncle tbh :ermm:

Even Gabriel was kind of embarrassed about his uncle tbh :ermm:

In closer families without decades of headlines, you can grab people and it's not that big a deal. In this one, no. It's one thing when Laurent does his attention-getting/disruptive shtick like using his phone, but this is actually interfering with what other people are doing.

Mathilde may be too nice. (Also, female.) I don't think he would dare grab Philippe out of a conversation... Would he?

In closer families without decades of headlines, you can grab people and it's not that big a deal. In this one, no. It's one thing when Laurent does his attention-getting/disruptive shtick like using his phone, but this is actually interfering with what other people are doing.

Mathilde may be too nice. (Also, female.) I don't think he would dare grab Philippe out of a conversation... Would he?

Terribly rude but we don't really expect more from Laurent, he does need a LOT of therapy to deal with all his issues.

Terribly rude but we don't really expect more from Laurent, he does need a LOT of therapy to deal with all his issues.

Yes, but even with the very low bar that is "public expectations for Laurent", now we've seen him grab someone who happens to be both female and the Queen -- but I just can't imagine him having the nerve or stupidity to do that to his brother. :eek: (And Mathilde should be firm enough to say "thank you, in a minute", but she's not the problem.)

But Laurent always leaves one wondering. So now I'm going to wait for the day when he grabs Philippe...

So what ? Is it important ? It only shows that he is at ease with his family.

So what ? Is it important ? It only shows that he is at ease with his family.

Actually, most of the clips pointedly showed him avoiding Delphine, and thus being rude to Mathilde and ruder to Delphine when he felt the need to physically remove the former from a conversation with the latter rather than simply say she was needed elsewhere, when even her son had had the manners not to interrupt.

Basically the opposite of "at ease", with a splash of chauvinism, but although it's a drop in the "Laurent has no manners" river, him feeling this is behavior he can get away with is not such a great pattern.

Last edited:

I thought it was a funny thing that family members at ease with eachother do all the time, but then I remembered this is Laurent and you can read more into his behaviour than you normally would with any other person. He just can't help himself.

Back
Top Bottom