Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time will tell. I don't like the way Edo walks in front of B and there was a photo of her sitting in the back seat and Edo sitting up front with the driver. It is a pattern with him. I hope the have a long engagement there is no rush.

What’s sitting in the front seat got to do with having a long engagement?

Perhaps walking in front of Beatrice (especially if there's a gaggle of paps around), it could be construed as a protective measure. The old "royal goes first with commoner husband/fiance/other half following three steps behind is archaic other than events where strict protocol is followed.

Nonetheless, Prince Daniel of Sweden for example always walks behind Crown Princess Victoria in public events. I don't think it is archaic and if Edo doesn't do it after they are married, I will find it odd.

Last edited:
Perhaps walking in front of Beatrice (especially if there's a gaggle of paps around), it could be construed as a protective measure. The old "royal goes first with commoner husband/fiance/other half following three steps behind is archaic other than events where strict protocol is followed, it makes no difference who goes first. My hubby walks ahead of me approaching somewhere for the sole fact that he'll be the one opening the door for me.

That's how I see it anyways. No harm and no foul.

It's how I see it as well. Most of the time he is either holding her hand or has a protective arm around her.

If she was Heiress Presumptive or Crown Princess like Victoria of Sweden, I would see it as a faux pas/mark of disrespect. But Beatrice is no where close to that. It may even be that she wants her man ahead of her.

Last edited:
Nonetheless, Prince Daniel of Sweden for example always walks behind Crown Princess Victoria in public events. I don't think it is archaic and if Edo doesn't do it after they are married, I will find it odd.

Victoria is the next Queen of Sweden, it is highly unlikely Beatrice would ever be in Victoria's position. The comparison is not equitable, even if Bea is a "Princess of Royal Blood."

Victoria is the next Queen of Sweden, it is highly unlikely Beatrice would ever be in Victoria's position. The comparison is not equitable, even if Bea is a "Princess of Royal Blood."

What is the normal etiquette in the British royal family for those who are in the same position? Do Jack Brooksbank, the Duchess of Gloucester, the Duchess of Kent, and Princess Michael of Kent take care to walk or be seated behind their spouses?

When Beatrice did a fashion event with Kate, and sophie at BP, one time. Beatrice should have been first? Considering their husbands werent present. Beatrice should have had the lead when they first walked out? She wasn't. The order of predence/protocol can be confusing may have this wrong.

Point is , if the younger royals dont dont really care for the royal protocol/predecence amongst themselves . I dont think she would be the type to care or find it dosrepectfull if her husband/finacee was walking in front.

Hopefully, we get some photos of the supposed engagement party, I was looking forward to this one.

Last edited:
You are confusing official precedence with private situations.

The event to which you are referring was a public event and as such Beatrice was the least important royal present - as a mere granddaughter of the Queen.

The wife of the grandson of the Queen and the wife of the son of the Queen take precedence at official events.

Had this been a private situation - not a CC event, then Beatrice would have taken precedence but not at an official event.

The Queen only change private precedence in 2005 and not the public, official precedence to put born princesses ahead of married ins because Anne refused to acknowledge Camilla in private as senior to her. In public they all do so but not in private.

"A source close to the couple said: ‘Bea and Edo will finally announce their wedding date in the second week of January. The date has been described as “early summer”, just before the summer social season kicks off.’"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7793025/Princess-Beatrice-gets-wedding-date-last.html

Of course they are covering their butts 'well the rumors we printed about them being married at St James weren't fake, I swear, they were just cancelled'. :whistling:

And the wedding date is just broad enough to cover a good block of time, and also so obvious that they have a 99% chance of being right for once. Its before the queen heads to Scotland for her long summer. Unless they marry in Scotland or after she gets back, its the obvious time.

I thought the interesting bit of this article was they are considering Guards Chapel which is in green park and is much bigger than the chapels in St James.

I don't understand the wait for announcing the wedding date. The Sussexes and the Brooksbanks had their wedding dates announced their wedding dates a month after their engagements were announced. Bea and Edo have to wait four months? I think this is tied to Andrew's mess and gauging public reaction to Andrew's walk to church on Christmas with the BRF.

Early summer?
So probably late June (maybe 27 June - it's Saturday).

Last edited:
One place had early June suggested, so June 6? Not really summer yet, but Trooping and Ascot kick of the Summer Social Season. Is there any regular event that weekend?
Trooping is the following weekend, June 13, Ascot is June 16-20.

Last edited:
One place had early June suggested, so June 6? Not really summer yet, but Trooping and Ascot kick of the Summer Social Season. Is there any regular event that weekend?
Trooping is the following weekend, June 13, Ascot is June 16-20.

I would think that June 5th or 6th would seem to be a convenient date to pick for a wedding. Family will basically all be around not only for Trooping the Color on the 13th and Ascot 16th-20th but also for Philip's 99th birthday on the 10th.

June 6th is the anniversary of the D-Day Landings, it’ll be 76th anniversary so no special year but there may be events attended by royals.

Delete - No delete button now available so have to do this.

Last edited:
5th won't work as it is Derby Day and the Queen always attends the Derby, sometimes with other royals for whom, unlike Ascot, it counts as an official engagement.

6th is a Sunday and the Queen wouldn't approve a wedding on a Sunday. Traditionally that isn't the 'done thing' in the CoE.

I suspect it will be a mid-week wedding in June but after Ascot so that Beatrice can be at the big family events like Trooping and attend Ascot rather than being on her honeymoon.

I am wondering what she is going to do about her job in NYC. Is she going to try and keep it and thus have a long-distance marriage or leave that job and be unemployed?

5th June is a Friday, 6th June is a Saturday and therefore Derby Day.

Weddings aren’t necessarily followed directly by honeymoons these day’s either.

5 June is also in half term holidays here in the Uk. So easy for all those prospective bridesmaids and pageboys.

I am wondering what she is going to do about her job in NYC. Is she going to try and keep it and thus have a long-distance marriage or leave that job and be unemployed?

She doesn't seem to spend much time in NYC; I think it is more a sinecure, and so she may just keep it.

Or move to NYC together with Edo.

She doesn't seem to spend much time in NYC; I think it is more a sinecure, and so she may just keep it.
Since she started her job she lives Between London and NYC, although like you said she seems to be more in London at recent tech events. She is still very much a representive/ambassador for Affiniti what you want to call it , she seem to have a long term plan with her job judging by this article. link

Last edited:
Or move to NYC together with Edo.
His business is London based though he does take on clients from all over the world. Don't see why they have to move anywhere if London is where they want to be, they don't paticulary seem banished by their circle of friends and family.

Last edited:
:previous: Hmmm....so the party did indeed take place tonight as the Fail originally announced that it would be...before they announce that it had been canceled?:whistling:

According to the Fail she switched the venue AND the date...but neither turned out to be true.

Some of the guests surprised me.

I expected the Middletons would be there, and people like Guy Pelly and Ellie Goulding, but...Robert De Niro?

No Royal guests except Eugenie and Lady Gabriella Kingston.

I expected the Middletons would be there, and people like Guy Pelly and Ellie Goulding, but...Robert De Niro?

Yeah, Robert De Niro is an odd friend. Especially with the age difference. I'm more surprised the Bransons weren't there. I thought they were really close to Beatrice. Maybe they were closer during the Dave years, since he was an employee but still..

Yeah I would have thought her cousins would have went but maybe she isn't that close to them. It's a bit funny too that she seems really friendly with Pippa and James but not particularly with Kate.

Yeah I would have thought her cousins would have went but maybe she isn't that close to them. It's a bit funny too that she seems really friendly with Pippa and James but not particularly with Kate.

It is entirely possible that William & Catherine chose not to be seen publicly at the evening. Interesting that the Tindall's did not attend either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom