Andrew's future outside of the working BRF

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just when you don’t think it could get any worse for the House of York, it does. And of course Sarah stayed friends with her ex, doesn’t everyone? And why does Mr Bryant feel the need to impart anything and everything that went on to the Daily Fail?

Of all of the skilled legal wizards they could have consulted with ...

And this is why there’s no path back for Andrew and never can be: his judgment is constantly and eternally bad and distancing from him is the only way for the king to protect himself and his own family.

Its probalbly Fergie's idea to ask John B for advice, and he's eager to get his face back in the papers.

John Bryan … of Fergie toe-sucking fame .. has spoken of his involvement in trying to help the Duke of York...

Hmmm... But this is surely not helping at all, it is rather adding insult to injury.

Sure, I don't know, if Prince Andrew sees it this way, but the ex-lover of the mother of his kids trying "to help" him...

It looks like Prince Andrew is hitting rock bottom!

Apart from that I can’t see him returning to the royal fold, being on the boards of companies, farming, helping with charities, restoring old buildings, or any of the other myriad suggestions offered here. His reputation is, as many posters have said, well and truly shot.

That's why he should never have settled that lawsuit.
Most people take it as an admission of guilt.
He should have continued to deny any wrongdoing; outside of one picture there wasn't much evidence against him.

As long as he does what he normally does and keeps quiet and tends to his estate, there won’t be problems. Gradually he will fade into obscurity.

He should have continued to deny any wrongdoing; outside of one picture there wasn't much evidence against him.

no matter what he did or didn't do, in today's world, he simply cannot defend himself against such accusations and he cannot do anything to make up for his faults.. He had to settle the lawsuit so as to avoid any further ugly publicity in the queen's last year. He madea big mistake with the interview in 2019 but once accusations of htat kind were swirling around, I think he was damned no matter whehter he ignored it or said something

Last edited:
Hmmm... But this is surely not helping at all, it is rather adding insult to injury.

Sure, I don't know, if Prince Andrew sees it this way, but the ex-lover of the mother of his kids trying "to help" him...

It looks like Prince Andrew is hitting rock bottom!

He is as near rock bottom as someone like him will ever be. Rock bottom totally would be if he lost his royal status and was forced to leave his home and manage for himself financially... but he's not likely to end up like htat.

If you want to break the silence after 30 years; why pick the DM?

Rock bottom totally would be if he lost his royal status and was forced to leave his home and manage for himself financially... but he's not likely to end up like htat.

Well, the Royal House of Windsor will do everything!

Imagine, if Prince Andrew pulls a Prince Harry with tell-all-memoires, a podcast and docus! He has for sure something to say about deals with shady Middle Eastern Princes, Kazakh arms dealers, the Lord Little Finger of New York...

Personally, I would love that! A pity it will never happen! And a good thing for Monarchy... And in the end I am too much of a Royal fan to desire a book deal for the "Spare" of Prince Charles.

But one can see, Prince Andrew has still some leverage.

Well, the Royal House of Windsor will do everything!

Imagine, if Prince Andrew pulls a Prince Harry with tell-all-memoires, a podcast and docus! He has for sure something to say about deals with shady Middle Eastern Princes, Kazakh arms dealers, the Lord Little Finger of New York...

Personally, I would love that! A pity it will never happen! And a good thing for Monarchy... And in the end I am too much of a Royal fan to desire a book deal for the "Spare" of Prince Charles.

But one can see, Prince Andrew has still some leverage.
what on earht do you mean? The Royal house of Windsor will do everything? What is everthing? Do you really think that Andrew bad as he is would talk negatively about his mother's family? Or do you mean he might mention his dodgy deals? Unlikely, surely as it woudl only make himself look bad. Andrew needs his family to support him financially and in other ways He is not going to do any kind of tell all book, after his mother's death

what on earht do you mean?

I mean, that he will not hit rock bottom (see #429) and that he will get the outmost financial support of his family. Because the 'else' would be unbearable for the Monarchy in the UK.

And the 'else' would be: Prince Andrew going the way of Prince Harry.

I mean, that he will not hit rock bottom (see #429) and that he will get the outmost financial support of his family. Because the 'else' would be unbearable for the Monarchy in the UK.

And the 'else' would be: Prince Andrew going the way of Prince Harry.

So you do think that Andrew would go to the press to abuse his family.

I didn't want him to settle either especially in light of some of the allegations made against Virginia by other young women who were abused by Epstein.

But there were rumblings that Virginia's legal team wanted to depose HMQ of all people. And even though hell would have frozen over before that ever happened, the continuing bad publicity over an increasingly frail monarch and her approaching Jubilee celebrations made it imperative to settle.

So you do think that Andrew would go to the press to abuse his family.

No! I don't know Prince Andrew and how he is like and what he would do or not!

But I have this "Game of Thrones" inspired ideas (I am now at S02E04), what he could do. And that is a lot - and it is dangerous.

Prince Andrew is a born Prince and this has its perks: High end food, living in luxurious real estate, enough money, a good name to start networking with...

But it comes at a price: Better not fail! Because then a Prince, who was successful and familiar with the highest circles, might be seen as a risk...

In the barbarian times long gone by Prince Andrew would have been sent into a monastery now... or 'else'.

And today? Today checks and non-disclosure aggrements will do...

Well it's clearly understood by most people in Britain that he no longer represents the monarchy in any way. He's in disgrace. So The Mail can print whatever it wants because ultimately most people just don't care anymore.

Mr. Bryan has had some financial wranglings with his estranged or ex-wife in the last few years. The interview with The Mail was most probably about money.

Andrew and Fergie consulting him -- why? Was Ron Jeremy or Satan not available?

no matter what he did or didn't do, in today's world, he simply cannot defend himself against such accusations and he cannot do anything to make up for his faults.. He had to settle the lawsuit so as to avoid any further ugly publicity in the queen's last year. He madea big mistake with the interview in 2019 but once accusations of htat kind were swirling around, I think he was damned no matter whehter he ignored it or said something
I have always believed that it was never, ever, Andrew's choice to "settle", but rather the weight of the Charles, William and the not so little grey men.

Their aim was never to protect Andrew but rather throw him under the bus in the hope that no muck would stick to the Jubilee celebrations. I think his mother's gratitude was shown in helping him financially settle.

All of this is somewhat disquieting when regarding the first civil case that went to trial in the US. The case was tossed, the evidence wonky which, in my limited knowledge of the law, is hardly surprising since neither local nor federal entities would indite either Andrew or Dershowitz.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jeffr...-dershowitz-abuse-claim-may-have-been-mistake

I have always believed that it was never, ever, Andrew's choice to "settle", but rather the weight of the Charles, William and the not so little grey men.

Their aim was never to protect Andrew but rather throw him under the bus in the hope that no muck would stick to the Jubilee celebrations. I think his mother's gratitude was shown in helping him financially settle.

All of this is somewhat disquieting when regarding the first civil case that went to trial in the US. The case was tossed, the evidence wonky which, in my limited knowledge of the law, is hardly surprising since neither local nor federal entities would indite either Andrew or Dershowitz.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jeffr...-dershowitz-abuse-claim-may-have-been-mistake

I honestly think they were forced into that strategy by his absolute disaster of an interview which could not have been worse or a poorer use of his judgement. He might have survived it had he not chosen to do that or had he followed even a smidge of good public relations advice and expressed remorse for the association with Epstein and real empathy for the victims.

I honestly think they were forced into that strategy by his absolute disaster of an interview which could not have been worse or a poorer use of his judgement. He might have survived it had he not chosen to do that or had he followed even a smidge of good public relations advice and expressed remorse for the association with Epstein and real empathy for the victims.

THIS. Talk about shouting out privilege and not reading the room. Showing no empathy for the victims.

Also, I say this article regarding John Bryan is not worth the paper its printed on. Of all the people in the world, Andrew is going to pick John Bryan to advise him?! I mean, come on!

Andrew's relevance to the monarchy was to going to lessen as William came of age and began to take on more duties. He still could have had a small role in the reign of King Charles, similar to his siblings but let his ego and bad judgement (friendship with Einstein, the interview, etc.) get in the way. This is a more clear cut way out of the working BRF but it is what is. He needs to find some hobbies to pass the time away and spend time with his daughters and grandchildren.

Last edited:
No! I don't know Prince Andrew and how he is like and what he would do or not!

But I have this "Game of Thrones" inspired ideas (I am now at S02E04), what he could do. And that is a lot - and it is dangerous.

Prince Andrew is a born Prince and this has its perks: High end food, living in luxurious real estate, enough money, a good name to start networking with...

But it comes at a price: Better not fail! Because then a Prince, who was successful and familiar with the highest circles, might be seen as a risk...

In the barbarian times long gone by Prince Andrew would have been sent into a monastery now... or 'else'.

And today? Today checks and non-disclosure aggrements will do...

sorry I've never seen Game of Thrones, and I m not sure wht you are saying Abot Andrew so I'll drop it.

THIS. Talk about shouting out privilege and not reading the room. Showing no empathy for the victims.

Also, I say this article regarding John Bryan is not worth the paper its printed on. Of all the people in the world, Andrew is going to pick John Bryan to advise him?! I mean, come on!

Andrew's relevance to the monarchy was to going to lessen as William came of age and began to take on more duties. He still could have had a small role in the reign of King Charles, similar to his siblings but let his ego and bad judgement (friendship with Einstein, the interview, etc.) get in the way. This is a more clear cut way out of the working BRF but it is what is. He needs to find some hobbies to pass the time away and spend time with his daughters and grandchildren.

Add to that Andrew had developed a public and private reputation over the years of being difficult to work with, argumentative, abusive towards staff and a "aging playboy" personality. If he had not cultivated that persona over the decades, I doubt that he'd be in his current position.

Add to that Andrew had developed a public and private reputation over the years of being difficult to work with, argumentative, abusive towards staff and a "aging playboy" personality. If he had not cultivated that persona over the decades, I doubt that he'd be in his current position.

Ageing playboy? He married at 26 and apparently likes playing golf. Whatever about the young women rumour, he is hardly a playboy. He had one very serious relationship his whole life. Diana considered him the nicest of the bunch. Opinions may vary.

Ageing playboy? He married at 26 and apparently likes playing golf. Whatever about the young women rumour, he is hardly a playboy. He had one very serious relationship his whole life. Diana considered him the nicest of the bunch. Opinions may vary.

Fig Tree-Yes I agree that opinions may vary, but I'm thinking of the Andrew in the years after his divorce. To me that's when he developed that ageing playboy reputation.

I dont think so. Most people who have worked for him have found him pretty awful to work for, though he is probably nicer to his social equals but I think he only sees the very very rich or royal as his social equals. and while he may not be a big partier, he has certainly been a playboy in the sense of having numerous women. he did apparently have a couple of serious relationships during his divorced years but I suspect that Sarah being around put an end to them, and for some time now, his sex life has been girls who were found for him, and quite a lot of them.

I dont think so. Most people who have worked for him have found him pretty awful to work for, though he is probably nicer to his social equals but I think he only sees the very very rich or royal as his social equals. and while he may not be a big partier, he has certainly been a playboy in the sense of having numerous women. he did apparently have a couple of serious relationships during his divorced years but I suspect that Sarah being around put an end to them, and for some time now, his sex life has been girls who were found for him, and quite a lot of them.

It’s pretty seedy. I prefer not to think about him but he has lovely daughters.

I didn't want him to settle either especially in light of some of the allegations made against Virginia by other young women who were abused by Epstein.

But there were rumblings that Virginia's legal team wanted to depose HMQ of all people. And even though hell would have frozen over before that ever happened, the continuing bad publicity over an increasingly frail monarch and her approaching Jubilee celebrations made it imperative to settle.

He was always going to settle; I think both Andrew and the Royal Family would have agreed that allowing things to go on past a certain point would have been disastrous, both for him as an individual, and for the BRF as a whole. Andrew’s reputation took a hit since the settlement was widely, and incorrectly, viewed as an admission of guilt, but realistically his days as a working royal were numbered as soon as the accusation was made. I don't think there would have been a way back for him even if he’d gone to trial and won since he'd already been convicted by the media and a good part of the public.

Google tells me Andrew is 62 so he's approaching the age of retirement anyway. He's got a loving family, doesn't need to worry about money, and has access to plenty of social and business connections who can advise him about potential future projects. He can still have a busy and productive life as a private citizen - as long as he listens to the right people.

It’s pretty seedy. I prefer not to think about him but he has lovely daughters.

i dont think that that means he himself is not a fairly spoiled and unlikable person. He has been loyal to Sarah, but he has few virtues.

Back
Top Bottom