Fashion Designers Used by Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Boris.
Her_Majesty - Do you have a picture of Maxima in the one shoulder orange printed dress? She wore it about 2 times, its just above the knee.

Marie Chantal in Valentino

White dress

Last edited by a moderator:
The white dress of Marie-Chantal is wonderful!

Maria Chantals Wedding dress looks awful on her, the veil especially pitch so high on her head.
Maximas in Valentino looks beautiful.
x

Queen Rania of Jordan
ImageShack© - Gallery

March 2003, Paris.
October 2002, Amman.
April 2000, Oslo.
November 2000, Egypt.
April 2000, Belgium.

Queen Rania of Jordan
ImageShack© - Gallery

March 2003, Paris.
October 2002, Amman.
April 2000, Oslo.
November 2000, Egypt.
April 2000, Belgium.

Thanks Salma, I knew Rania wore Valentino but couldnt pin point which outfits and when.

Maria Chantals Wedding dress looks awful on her, the veil especially pitch so high on her head.
Maximas in Valentino looks beautiful.
x

I didnt like the dress, I dont know what she was thinking and Valentino while designing. It made her look quite short.

The black and green dress she wore in a christening in Greece is not Valentino but by Prada
http://img206.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=67638_112va1_122_428lo.jpg
http://img152.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=67645_00240f_122_668lo.jpg

It seems to me many royals has stopped wearing Valentino after the man himself retired, I cannot remember Queen Sofia, Maxima or Mette-Marit in Valentino from the "new" designers. Not even the most frequent wearers like Rosario or Marie Chantal, but those two Im not sure about... Valentino gowns are also less seen at the big events in Hollywood now it seems...

:previous:
It just isn't the same after he his retirement. I'm sure if Maxima or Marie-Chantal were to call him and ask if he could make them a custom dress he won't mind.

NATAN - the Royal Designer

During the last year the Belgian lable NATAN (by Edouard Vermeulen) became more and more popular among the Royals. The royal love for his fashion started in the Benelux countries and it seems to spread to other monarchies too (Sweden for example ;)).
NATAN

The circle of NATAN-wearers:
Princess Mathilde , Princess Claire, Queen Paola, Princess Máxima, Queen Silvia, Duchess Maria Teresia, Princess Margriet... I guess I forgot someone.. ;)

and because everyone is using the same designer they sometimes wear the same clothes (especially Mathilde and Máxima ;)

Mathilde and Maxima
Earrings
http://royals.web-log.nl/photos/uncategorized/2008/09/10/1_zelfde_oorbellen.jpg

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Boots
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Nov2008/PPE08111541.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Oct2008/PPE08103015.jpg

Dress
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jun2008/PPE08060314.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/May2008/PPE08052221.jpg

Mathilde and Margriet

they are such a public figures that i wonder they do not mind to have the same cloths?

And why do they not mind bad quality?
No matter what you think of Natan's designs in terms of taste (and IMHO, his choice of colors, prints and details is for the most part perfectly awful), his clothes are obviously badly made:
Weird seams, shifting necklines, uneven hemlines, embroidery of the crassest kind, inferior fabrics used, and most regrettably of all, a very bad fit.
His concrete stand-up collars, his short square jackets over skirts with inverted pleats, his glued-on looking candy applications, very rough and stiff draping, the too busy prints and the too shiny materials do not exactly add up to an overall picture I'd call elegant.
Whenever he attemps some more difficult tailoring, like evening gowns with elaborate skirts ending in trains, the result is an inevitable failure.
Style-wise, he mostly copies designs from the 60s, influenced by the likes of Courrèges, Givenchy Balmain and Oleg Cassini, and he repeats a few signature details indefinitely which makes his stuff most repetitive.
From my point of view, he has single-handedly managed to ruin the look of Princess Maxima, Princess Mathilde, and GD Maria-Theresa over the past few years - or rather, the ladies' own decision to constantly wear Natan has.
Queen Silvia and CP Victoria seem to wear individually fitted Natan pieces, personally made in better fabrics instead of off-the-rack, and this, along with the fact that they only wear his clothes from time to time, almost saves their appearances in Natan.
But all in all, I consider him to be the worst royal dressmaker of them all... more a disease than a designer.
The virus has been spreading for years now, and I just hope the royal victims get it under control one of these fine days.

When it comes to Natan, I have mixed feelings about his creations worn by Crown Princess Mathilde. I am a huge fan of stand-up collars. Thus, I tend to like his jackets and dresses with stand-up collars. However, I have to admit that Natan's creations lack polished tailoring. They appear to be poorly fitted on Crown Princess Mathilde, thereby making her look unflattering. I am not keen on wild colour palette and prints aggravated by shiny material.
I think that creations by Albert Kriemler of Akris woud have suited Crown Princess Mathilde much better. They can be described as
modern, feminine and discrete. His designs have got an uncomplicated silhouette and perfect tailoring the designer takes pride in as well as are simple to combine.

I am not big fan of Natan clothes, but I like the bags, I myself own two.

I think the thing with Natan IMO is that he is so hit and miss - there are times where I think his work is brilliant, but also plenty of times when I dont understand why they wear his designs at all!

For example, the yellow dress (Mathilde) and Maxima's skirt HM linked to above, are both a waste of space as far as I'm concerned; but the coat linked to last was great.

I just feel that Mathilde & Maxima have overworn his desings to the exclusion of other designers too much over the last few years.
Boris is right, the Swedes have done better with him because they use his styles more carefully & less often; just hope they maintain the status quo!

i really hate natan's fashion.
90% of his clothes worn by mathilde or maxima look horrible. they are always too shiny and don't fit well.
i don't understand at all why the royals love this fashion so much. :nonono:

Why do they choose Natan? Was he once upon a time a great designer? was he outfits really nice to start for and started going bad?

His creations arent anything special and it gets boring to be honest when royals wear the same outfit but in a different style. It seems that they are his personal models and each one is displaying the different designs they come in. For Mathilde and Maxima, I always think that his skirts or dresses are way too short since they are quite tall ladies (taller than the average). Simply, his outfits dont suit them at all.

I don't get it either actually.
I wish this weird obsession would find an end soon... :ermm:

CHANEL, CHANEL on royals!

Hi everyone!

I simply love CHANEL.
Are there any royal ladies who weare CHANEL?

Princess Caroline and her daughter like Chanel a lot. They always wear special clothes that Karl Lagarfeld gives them :)

Thanks!

Thank you very much for the pictures!

I think both are looking superb!

Thank you very much for the pictures!

I think both are looking superb!
There are loads of pictures of Princess Caroline in Chanel ( She is a huge fan of Karl Lagerfeld ). I'll try to post ( if i get it right ) some more for you... :flowers:

princess Astrid of Belgium usually wear Chanel (check her thread for the pics) and her daughter Maria Laura was once at a Chanel Haute Couture show in Paris

I had no idea they were the only ones allowed to wear Chanel... I thought they would at least wear Valentino since it was a celebration about him but when I saw the pics of them in Chanel I was a little disappointed bc I bet they would look so perfect in his clothes.

Maxima wore a grey, tweedy-type Chanel coat to Prince Floris and Aime's wedding.
She may have worn Chanel to the baptism of her 2nd child Princess Alexia, anybody know for sure?

The former Christina Manley wore a pink Chanel jacket to one of her engagment press conferences for her upcoming marriage to Prince Joachim. Marie-Chantal wore a Chanel suit for her engagement announcement as well and wears Chanel quite often.

Back
Top Bottom