Hairstyles of Royal Brides

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She didn't have a "hairdo", it just hung.

I'm on Team Wear Your Hair Like You Like It. I didn't love Kate's hair but I understand that she didn't want to go bride crazy and wear a style she has never done before. Sarah's hair is one of the things that ruined her wedding day look, but then you see her dress and you forgive the hair. I think her hair was just too short to do a good curl for her wedding day. It ended up looking wavy and like a big red bush.

i just think if your wedding dress is complex looking and not simple you should balance it out with a simple hairstyle....vice versa...if you have a simple wedding dress than have a detailed/complex hairstyle..but ALWAYS KEEP IT LOOKING CLASSY AND ELEGANT!!!

I like Princess Zeina's style too.
Simple and elegant, perfectly suits for the young bride.:flowers:

Royal favorite hairstyle for brides

Catherine (excellence, natural)
Maxima
Mary
Marie
Anita
Victoria

Really liked Princess Mary's hair style. Reminded me of Renaissance/Tudor period. Very pretty.

I liked Marie, Kate, and Maxima, all different styles, but seem to fit them perfectly!

Ooo Ooo and Victoria. I think both her and Maxima had the same hairstyle, a bun on the back of the head, but Victoria just looked so pretty.

I love wedding hairstyles of Mary, Catherine and Stephanie. All suited the women perfectly.

Best wedding day hair:

Princess Marie of Denmark
Infanta Cristina of Spain
Diana de Cadaval(now Princess Diana d'Orleans)
Anne-Marie of Greece
Stephanie of Luxembourg

Worst wedding day hair:

Letizia of Spain
Sarah Duchess of York
Mary of Denmark
Serena, Viscountess Linley
Catherine Duchess of Cambridge

I absolutely love everything about Queen Anne-Marie's wedding look, excluding her hairstyle. I thought it was just awful.

1 2 3

Catherine and Sarah are tied for worse hair styles. Brides should always wear their hair up, especially those lucky to wear a tiara.

Stephanie, Maxima & Letizia

Has there actually ever been a photo that actually shows Letizia's wedding day hairstyle? All I have ever seen is the front looking limp and unwashed, with the rest pretty well hidden under her veil.

suztav I don't really think a bride should always wear her hair up. Particularly if she is a young woman with great hair-as both Kate and Sarah were.

But gosh, if you do wear it down why not choose a graceful, flattering style that actually showcases it's glory?? Sarah's corkscrew curls looked like an oversize red haired Shirley Temple and Kate's didn't even hold...in some photos they had begun to go limp even before she left the Abbey. :ohmy:

From the front in particular her hairstyle looked dull and ordinary.:sad:

Last edited:
I love Princess Marie, Stephanie of Luxembourg and CP Mary´s hairstyles.

Has there actually ever been a photo that actually shows Letizia's wedding day hairstyle? All I have ever seen is the front looking limp and unwashed, with the rest pretty well hidden under her veil.

suztav I don't really think a bride should always wear her hair up. Particularly if she is a young woman with great hair-as both Kate and Sarah were.

But gosh, if you do wear it down why not choose a graceful, flattering style that actually showcases it's glory?? Sarah's corkscrew curls looked like an oversize red haired Shirley Temple and Kate's didn't even hold...in some photos they had begun to go limp even before she left the Abbey. :ohmy:

From the front in particular her hairstyle looked dull and ordinary.:sad:

That's exactly the problem -- the curls go limp because of all the humidity and heat from lights, etc ... In addition to the fact that the curls/hair tend to overwhelm beautiful tiaras and veils. In Kate's official portrait you can't even see the veil which is just hanging on her limp hair. JMHO!

Back
Top Bottom