Duke Carlos Javier and the Royal House of Bourbon-Parma 1: August 2010- 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure if this is the funeral or not. Today will be a Holy Mass cf. a message of Princess Margarita to the Carlists:

Dear friends,

I would like to inform you that in honor of our dear aunt Doña María Teresa de Borbón-Parma, who died in Paris on March 26th, a Holy Mass will be celebrated on Thursday April 2nd 2020, at 14.30 o'clock in l'Église Notre-Dame-des-Champs, Paris.

Due to current circumstances it will not be possible to attend the ceremony in person. Thanks to a live broadcast connection, the celebration can be followed from the homes, in complete safety. This same rule will apply to our own family, since we will not be physically present, but we will all be united by prayer and remembrance.

We would like to inform you that later this year, as soon as possible, our brother Don Carlos Javier and his family will invite you to participate in a commemorative Mass for Doña María Teresa.

To connect at the Holy Mass on Thursday, April 2, simply activate the links that will be communicated tomorrow night.

I send you my warmest regards, also on behalf of my brother and the whole family, in the hope that you are all safe and sound.

Margarita de Borbón-Parma

L'Église Notre-Dame-des-Champs in Paris:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...amps.jpg/800px-Paris_eglise_nd_des_champs.jpg

The message:
https://espaciocarlista.com/2020/04/01/comunicado-de-dona-margarita/

Last edited:
From his ultra-catholic and rightwing FB (not sure if it is his, or from his "supporters") I understood Prince Sixte Henri de Bourbon de Parme will attend this Holy Mass (or is it a funeral?) as only person from the royal family, given the limitations. That seems to indicate the Prince has had contact with his Dutch nephews and nieces.

Last edited:
Mass for HRH Princess Maria Teresa.

I can not see it. So it is a Holy Mass and not the actual funeral?
Surprised to see 8 (!!) Priests saying Mass during Corona restriction !

Last edited:
Now that Prince Sixte Henri does not consider the marriages of his nephews as dynastic, who are his heirs?

His father's eldest brother was Prince Félix de Bourbon de Parme whom got two sons.
Prince Jean of Luxembourg made a dynastic marriage.
Prince Charles of Luxembourg made no dynastic marriage.

Prince Jean had three sons: Henri, Jean and Guillaume.
None of them married a dynastic partner in the eyes of Prince Sixte Henri.

This means he has to go to his father's youngest brother, Prince René.
He married Princess Margrethe of Denmark.
Their eldest son Prince Jacques married a Countess Holstein-Ledreborg but the two sons in that union both wed non-noble partners.
Their middle son Prince Michel married a Princess de Broglie. Their two sons Prince Éric and Prince Charles-Emmanuel both married a noble partner.

Does that mean that the headship of the Carlist part of the House will go to the branch descending from the youngest son of the 24 (!) children of Robert de Bourbon, Duke of Parma ?

Robert de Bourbon, duc de Parme
x Maria Antónia de Bragança, Infanta de Portugal
|
René de Bourbon, prince de Parme
x Prinsesse Margrethe af Denmark
|
Michel de Bourbon, prince de Parme
x la princesse Yolande De Broglie
|
Éric de Bourbon, prince de Parme
Komtesse Lydia Holstein-Ledreborg

Would a countess suffice for a dynastic marriage? I doubt it...

At least Prince Eric's second/youngest son is engaged to an archduchess (if the engagement wasn't broken off by now; their daughter is almost 2 1/2 years old).

Last edited:
The question about the Carlist succession after Prince Sixte-Henri is quite an interesting one.

After all, also his mother Madeleine de Bourbon-Busset was "just" the daughter of a French Count, even if she was a Bourbon; it took many years, but eventually her marriage to Prince Xavier was acknowledged as equal, with regards to the Parma succession (and, apparently, also it was considered equal with regards to the Spanish claims).

On the other side, I wonder if any other Prince of Bourbon-Parma, descending from the younger siblings of Prince Xavier, has any interest in the Carlist claim.

:previous: If they are eliminated by non-dynastic marriages, even if we go back to the younger siblings of Xavier, there really is a limited batch of male line heirs.

When Sixtus dies, the line of Xavier ends for dynastic claimants. None of Carl Hugo's sons made dynastic marriages. Xavier had four younger brothers.

-Felix
-Rene
-Luigi
-Gaetano

Felix married Grand Duchess Charlotte and the couple had two sons. But only one son, Jean, made a dynastic marriage (Josephine-Charlotte). None of Jean's sons made a dynastic marriage though (closest would be Sibilla and Guillaume but Sibilla is only aristocratic on her mother's side).

Rene married Princess Margaret of Denmark. The couple had three sons and a daughter.
-Prince Jacques married Birgitte von Holstein-Ledreborg, Countess of Holstein-Ledreborg but neither of their sons made dynastic marriages.
-Prince Michael married Princess Yolande de Broglie-Revel. The couple had two sons, one who made a dynastic marriage. His eldest son Erik married Countess Lydia af Holstein-Ledreborg. They have two sons, one of whom is engaged to Archduchess Maria Gabriella of Luxembourg.
-Prince Axel: unlike his brothers he made a non-dynastic marriage

Luigi: married Princess Maria Francesca of Savoy. They have three sons but none married dynastically.

Gaetano married Princess Margarete of Thurn and Taxis. They only had a daughter.

The only clear heir (based on dynastic marriage requirement) would be Prince Erik (grandson of Rene). Erik is 13 years younger then Sixtus so could easily out live him. And after Erik, one of his sons. If his son marries Archduchess Maria Gabriella (been engaged over 2 years and have a kid), that would cement his ability to be next claimant). Erik's older son doesn't seem to be married.

Besides them, without going back even further generation, Erik's younger brother Charles-Emmanuel's wife is the daughter of a Baron. Not sure if that's dynastic enough? He has one unmarried son (29).

Erik (as a great-grandson of Robert I) is Sixtus' (grandson of Robert I) is first cousins once removed.

Beyond that (if some tragedy happened to Erik and his family, and if Charles' marriage wasn't considered dynastic) they may have to consider over looking dynastic marriages or the claim might die out. You cant even go back to the previous generation. Robert I only had one brother Henry who though he made two dynastic marriages, both were childless. Their father Charles III was an only son. As was his father.

To be fair, the Carist claim is utterly laughable as by all honest scenarios the rightful claimant is.... Juan Carlos de Borbón.

Luis Alfonso is doubtful because his mother María del Carmen Franco and his grandmother Emanuelle de Dampierre possibly are not "dynastic" in the eyes of Sixte. Luis Alfonso himself made no dynastic marriage.

Remains Juan Carlos. But his son made no dynastic marriage and has no male heirs.

It is best to bury that Carlism for ever. It surprises me that the four intelligent children of Carlis Hugo and Irene do not distance themselves from Carlism. That they keep the links with Parma and Piacenza warm, okay. But that Carlism has such a weak basis. I hope it will fade away, that nonsense.

According Prince Charles-Henri de Lobkowicz, his late aunt Marie-Thérèse de Bourbon, princesse de Parme, has been transported to Parma and is interred in the mausoleum under the crypt of the Basilica Magistrale di Santa Maria della Steccata (see picture). She is interred next to her brother Charles Hugues de Bourbon, duc de Parme.

https://media.gazzettadiparma.it/im...984_1282386685412_0_735x513_1555517951521.jpg

Source: https://www.pointdevue.fr/familles-...enri-de-lobkowicz-marie-therese-de_14520.html

Last edited:
His Son is already educated to be the Heir of the Carlists . I remember his Baptism in Parma ......

Last month the duke of Parma was interviewed by El Español. Among other things, he was asked why his eldest son (previously known as Hugo Klynstra as he was born illegitimately, now prince Hugo of Bourbon-Parma) isn't his heir. Carlos explained that while he has never kept his eldest son hidden and supported him throughout his life (financially at least, I suppose), the house laws do not permit him to be his heir; therefore, his youngest son Carlos Enrique is prepared to take follow in his father's footsteps as (future) head of the Bourbon-Parma family and Carlist movement.

I have never heard anything anymore about ZKH Prins Carlos de Bourbon de Parme, formerly Carlos Klynstra.

He got what he wanted: to have his father's surname and title. But now? Does he actually use it at all?

I apparently missed that princess Annemarie switched jobs. Since October 2019 she no longer works for the NOS. She is now a partner at CONSULTIVE, a member of Panorama, a member of LEAD Network. All focused on promoting (gender) diversity in leadership. For a short period of time (October 2019 - December 2020) she was also a partner at Ward Howell International according to her LinkedIn-profile.

"One year and five months after her death, Princess Maria Teresa of Bourbon-Parma will receive her final resting place this Friday afternoon in the Basilica di Santa Maria della Steccata in Parma, Italy. The four children of her brother Carlos Hugo, who died in 2010, are present at the private ceremony: Carlos, Margarita, Jaime and Carolina."

https://gpdhome.typepad.com/nieuwsberichten/2021/08/uitvaart-prinses-maria-teresa-in-parma.html

Short Video

Gallery

https://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=27-08-2021 Parma

Last edited:
I suppose it is the Ducal Crown of Parma ? Did her brother Sixte attend ?

Several members of the Bourbon-Parma family attended the funeral/mass in Parma in honor of their (great)aunt princess Maria Teresa. See PPE for pictures.

Last edited:
I suppose it is the Ducal Crown of Parma ? Did her brother Sixte attend ?

It would surprise me. Uncle Sixte Henri de Bourbon de Parme and aunt Marie Françoise, princesse douairière de Lobkowicz are in a total different ultra conservative, catholic and royalist stratosphere. In their eyes Marie Thérèse probably was a Marxist Leninist reincarnation of the devil.

Several members of the Bourbon-Parma family attended the funeral/mass in Parma in honor of their (great)aunt princess Maria Teresa. See PPE for pictures.

I must say I am surprised by the quite grand royal ceremonial. The display of the armorials and the ducal crow, the velvet cloth with fleurs de lys, the displayed Orders. Nicely done.

Last edited by a moderator:
11 years ago today, the funeral of Prince Carlos Hugo was held in the Steccata Basilica in Parma, Italy. His sons Prince Carlos and Prince Jaime and his daughter-in-law Princess Annemarie visited the crypt, where Prince Carlos Hugo's urn is buried, today

Does people of Parma know they have a Duke ? What Collar is the Duke wearing ?

Last edited:
11 years ago today, the funeral of Prince Carlos Hugo was held in the Steccata Basilica in Parma, Italy. His sons Prince Carlos and Prince Jaime and his daughter-in-law Princess Annemarie visited the crypt, where Prince Carlos Hugo's urn is buried, today

I am surprised that Marie Thérese de Bourbon, princesse de Parme, was given access to the crypt in Chiesa Santa Maria della Steccata. I do not know who owns this crypt and apparently the De Bourbon de Parmes have enough money to organize such a royal funeral with armoires, with crown, velvet fleur-de-lys embroidered cloths, bammers and Orders.

The Bourbon Dukes of Parma are scattered over various burial sites: the royal monastery of El Escorial (Madrid, Spain), the Chiesa Santa Maria della Steccata (Parma, Italy), the Capella della Macchia (Viareggio, Lucca, Italy), the Abbaye Saint-Pierre de Solesmes (Sarthe, France), the Bourbon-Parma Gruftkapelle in Schaueregg (Steiermark, Austria).

Does people of Pama know they have a Duke ? What Collar is the Duke wearing ?

Apparently there is enough interest in Parma, the city was crowded for the funeral of the previous Duke: https://c8.alamy.com/compes/d5bek8/...barcelona-foto-patrick-van-katwijk-d5bek8.jpg

The collar of the Gran Maestro del Sacro Angelico Imperiale Ordine Costantiniano di San Giorgio: https://cdn.nos.nl/image/2016/10/08/323730/xxl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wearing a collar on a day Costume is Strange , but all is strange with him.
Prince Jaime 's wife did not attend. Sad we have no more pictures of Carolina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom