The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-07-2020, 05:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

The gown is stunning and she looks gorgeous in it.

I do wish for updo to show off the cape but still amazing.

Think this was perfect event for such an amazing color. Stunning color but not too flashy and look at me in sea of crimson. Making a statement without being too in your face. Love the colours both evening events back.

Thought it looked similar to another gown and I was right. It’s by the same designer as her beautiful blue cape gown she wore.

Safiyaa which is London based

https://ca.hellomagazine.com/royalty...tival-of-music

Gown- London based Safiyaa
Earrings- Irish born London based Simone Rocha
Shoes- her go to English designer Aquazurra
Purse- Manolo blahniks. Spanish designer but English based

Old 03-07-2020, 05:33 PM
Nobility

More pictures of Meghan at the Mountbatten Music Festival
https://www.newmyroyals.com/2020/03/...ended.html?m=1

Old 03-07-2020, 06:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Love it and I love the addition of the dark red earrings. It gives it much needed depth.
Old 03-07-2020, 07:30 PM
Heir Apparent

So gorgeous ! So happy to see them, I really hope we will see them again a lot in the future.
Old 03-07-2020, 07:43 PM
Serene Highness

I think my favorite part of her outfit is the red shoes. They look fabulous.

I like the red color of her dress. Not a huge fan of the cape; it looks a bit awkward to me.

Not a fan of her hair. An up do or even a side part would have been better imo. But her hair is often a bit severe to me- between the middle parts and her tendency to pull her hair back so hard.
Old 03-07-2020, 07:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Beat me to it by a minute eya.

Stunning style of dress, and I would adore the choice in colour, if she wasn't surrounded by red. Unfortunately as Henry's uniform is red and he's joined by others in the Royal Marines who are also wearing their uniforms.

I personally would have appreciated either some different coloured accessories, or a different coloured dress and red accessories, as the outfit as a whole in red is too much.

Hair needs to be tied back for a dress with a statement neck piece/cape like this. It's something Meghan does regularly unfortunately.

This is the dress on the model, with their hair tied back. Meghan with her hair down also completely hides the train on the dress: https://www.safiyaa.com/collections/...ika-long-dress
Personally I like the way Meghan looks in this dress much more than the way the model's hair is styled in the above link you provided. For me, the way Meghan's hair is styled enhances the gown she is wearing!
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qqoEnPAfT...red%2Bgown.jpg

Meghan wore her hair down when she wore the similar turquoise or Fijian blue Safiyaa cape gown in Fiji:
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wk4tQx55I...e%2Bgown22.jpg

The blue gown had a looser fit, as Meghan was pregnant. But Meghan looks absolutely stunning in both gowns. IMO, Meghan really knows what works for her, and she sticks to what works for her. She has a savvy ability to dress her own body and she generally looks great for every occasion, melding her own signature fashion sense with what each event requires.
Old 03-07-2020, 08:13 PM
Courtier

Meghan looked very nice in the red gown. I just don't like the cape thing. It just looks weird. Several others have worn something similar and it just doesn't work for me. I am not sure the red was the best color choice just because there was already so much red from the uniforms. A better choice might have been to wear the red version of the VB dress to the Endeavor Awards and have this one made in a blue. I don't like her earrings. I wish she had worn the earrings from her evening wedding reception. The hairstyle from that event would have been better too.
Old 03-07-2020, 09:34 PM
Royal Highness

For me, Meghan's sartorial choices are quite lovely and spectacular. Moreover, she's just glowing! She looks relaxed and happy. She knows what works on her body. She wears the clothes, the clothes do not wear her.

What works for Meghan, obviously does not work for everyone. The key is understanding your own body and your own preferences in order to look your best.
Old 03-07-2020, 10:12 PM
Courtier

Simply stunning. Gorgeous cape gown and color.
Old 03-08-2020, 01:11 AM
Gentry

I am so happy she found her way back stylewise. I think she really struggled with finding her "duchess style" and the pregnant style and I am happy she went back to just Meghan wearing stuff she likes. Also LOVE how all her outings so far have included British/Commonwealth brands

Anyway, cannot wait to follow her style now that she is free!
Old 03-08-2020, 04:43 AM
Nobility

She is actually wearing a bright colour again on this visit! Whatever happened to the usual drab blacks and beige? Well done. It still doesn’t fit well though as usual. She won’t be missed as a royal but she’s gonna be another American celeb to sell media covers.
Old 03-08-2020, 06:40 AM
Majesty

A gorgeous gown indeed. Very eye catching - but in all honestly probably what she wanted.
Old 03-08-2020, 10:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

They both looked smashing! Love the color and style. The only thing I would think *might* be changed is long hair into a fancy updo.

LaRae
Old 03-08-2020, 03:02 PM
Aristocracy

Best gown and look from her ever. No contest! She looks KILLER!

The tone of the red, the perfect fit, the interesting cape feauture, very nice dark red earrings, gorgeous hair, MY MY
Old 03-08-2020, 05:30 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Red really suits her - one of her best evening appearances ever

Old 03-08-2020, 05:58 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

One of Meghan's best evening looks so far, IMO. Drop dead gorgeous!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-09-2020, 04:52 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
A gorgeous gown indeed. Very eye catching - but in all honestly probably what she wanted.
Tell me a woman you know that doesn't want to look the best she can on such an occasion? When I first saw her red ensemble I thought it would have been perhaps better in another colour but she looked fantastic and, had she perhaps reversed the colours of the Endeavour Awards and this it would have been better.

However, I thought that while the red on red meant she sort of merged in with all the red of the Mess dress worn by the Officers, her choice was perfect as had she worn literally any other colour, except maybe black, she would have stuck out like a tall sunflower in a bed of roses. Accusations of her doing a "look at me, look at me" would have followed had she worn that dress in a beautiful aqua.

On a personal note, I have loved her evening fashion on this trip and I will miss that. Each of the BRF ladies have their own style and I love Meghan's as much as I love both Sophie and Camilla for their fashion-forward almost ageless chic elegance.
Old 03-09-2020, 06:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Tell me a woman you know that doesn't want to look the best she can on such an occasion? When I first saw her red ensemble I thought it would have been perhaps better in another colour but she looked fantastic and, had she perhaps reversed the colours of the Endeavour Awards and this it would have been better.

However, I thought that while the red on red meant she sort of merged in with all the red of the Mess dress worn by the Officers, her choice was perfect as had she worn literally any other colour, except maybe black, she would have stuck out like a tall sunflower in a bed of roses. Accusations of her doing a "look at me, look at me" would have followed had she worn that dress in a beautiful aqua.

On a personal note, I have loved her evening fashion on this trip and I will miss that. Each of the BRF ladies have their own style and I love Meghan's as much as I love both Sophie and Camilla for their fashion-forward almost ageless chic elegance.
Added to this is the fact that she's been criticized in the past for not wearing bright colours. And now she does she's criticezed for seeking attention. And even more so because standing out in the crowd is exactly why the queen wears bright colours. Damned if she does, damned if she doesn't.
Old 03-09-2020, 02:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
The Duchess of Sussex tonight at the Mountbatten Festival of Music in Royal Albert Hall.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ESh2Wg-W...jpg&name=large
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...58?s=2048x2048

Wearing the 'Kalika' Long dress by Safiyaa
I dislike the gown. Beautiful color but I dislike the style.