The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not my favorite dress, but clever use of black accents without becoming overtly politcial, which the BRF always wants to avoid.

I think its a pretty gown and she looks comfy besides gorgeous!

I really like the green gown, especially the back; the dark sober colour of the dress, and the black ribbon and black shoes and black clutch were a great compromise for someone who is not supposed to take sides and be non-political; her hair was really nice; much fuller in the face than usual, I daresay a pregnancy thing; i thought the jewellery was fine, but I don't think that colour emerald, and that colour green of the gown, worked very well together, but it may be that in different lights it looks fine, perhaps daylight. Good to see Catherine in decent bling, and all over the outfit was three million times better than that last floral Bafta dress – I know, i know plenty of you liked it, but it only looked like curtains to me.

Last edited:
I really like the green gown, especially the back; the dark sober colour of the dress, and the black ribbon and black shoes and black clutch were a great compromise for someone who is not supposed to take sides and be non-political; her hair was really nice; much fuller in the face than usual, I daresay a pregnancy thing; i thought the jewellery was fine, but I don't think that colour emerald, and that colour green of the gown, worked very well together, but it may be that in different lights it looks fine, perhaps daylight. Good to see Catherine in decent bling, and all over the outfit was three million times better than that last floral Bafta dress – I know, i know plenty of you liked it, but it only looked like curtains to me.

I think the flash washes out color too. She always looks better, IMO, when she's carrying extra weight.

LaRae

A perfectly judged gown for the occasion. She rarely gets it wrong. I love the empire line for this stage in her pregnancy. Beautiful jewels which she wears with aplomb.

On topic: I love Catherine's dress, but her eyeliner was too dark. She look radiant and beautiful!

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree. I thought the emeralds looked better with her inky-blue gown from NYC. I'm not sure what kind of gems would suit this outfit, maybe Moldavite, who knows. It's all just nitpicking anyways.

I agree. I thought the emeralds looked better with her inky-blue gown from NYC. I'm not sure what kind of gems would suit this outfit, maybe Moldavite, who knows. It's all just nitpicking anyways.

Diamonds are the answer to everything, lol.

But, from coloured gems I’m thinking morganite, kunzite or amethyst maybe.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/89/98/3c/89983c26e19631fc969633fe29d4fdd1.jpg
https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1UNwV...-En-Argent-Sterling-Boucles-D.jpg_640x640.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/37/37/25/...190--morganite-necklace-morganite-jewelry.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/89/ee/f2/...other-of-pearl-necklace-amethyst-necklace.jpg

Oh, I got it, yellow gold necklace and cuff bracelet:
http://www.thejewelleryeditor.com/m...75_crop-scale_subsampling-2_upscale-false.jpg
https://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=121824417

Last edited:
Catherine looked stunning tonight!

I would like to say that I thought Kate's make-up was a little too harsh.

Doesn’t she look beautiful in this appearance. Reminds me of queen maxima maternity dress out of green chiffon. Her face looks so good, so plumped up and young and glowing, and the portrait neckline is very pretty at this stage, she has a perfect décolletage.
Hope she keeps this weight up after the baby comes, it is so flattering

Last edited:
I'm wrong or she is wearing open toe tights ? But in this case tights should be nude colour and arrive exactly at the point when starts the shoe, in order to hide the difference. But here you see the end of the dark tight, the skin and the material of the shoe. A stylistic miss without reason. Wy should she wear dark tights with a long dress ?

Nice dress. Too bad it wasn’t in black.
It would have made her jewelry shine even more IMO.

Kate in Erdem tonight...pics on twitter now.

LaRae

Ok now that I have seen more pics (front view too) I have to say I like this dress. Erdem has slightly redeemed itself after the last two dresses she wore.

LaRae

Feminine and elegant. (..)

LaRae

Very pretty dress today, it would have been quite fun if she had worn boots like Anna Wintour (maybe in black), with this dress. She and Sophie look great.

I'm wrong or she is wearing open toe tights ? But in this case tights should be nude colour and arrive exactly at the point when starts the shoe, in order to hide the difference. But here you see the end of the dark tight, the skin and the material of the shoe. A stylistic miss without reason. Why should she wear dark tights with a long dress ?

It’s the dress overlay not dark tights you’re seeing.

It looks like she is wearing the Prada black heels from yesterday again too.

Undecided about the dress though. I need HDs to really see the detail.

There's quite a few short videos on twitter where you can see how the dress moves.

LaRae

I might be in the minority here, but I'm not a fan of the Erdem look, for the Fashion reception. I wish she'd just take a break from Erdem for a while. I'll have to get a better look at Beatrice, but I wasn't a fan of her look either, at first glance, and it is also Erdem.

I might be in the minority here, but I'm not a fan of the Erdem look, for the Fashion reception. I wish she'd just take a break from Erdem for a while. I'll have to get a better look at Beatrice, but I wasn't a fan of her look either, at first glance, and it is also Erdem.

I agree; Erdem is rarely flattering.
With so many great designers, I can't think why so many women in the RF choose Erdem!

I love the dress; very beautiful and elegant print. The dress is marvelous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom