The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved the Duchess of Cambridge's look. Plaid/tartan is never out of style and the cut of the coat was not old fashioned.

Did Kate find her Christmas Day outfit in Princess Margaret’s old closet at KP? Really dowdy and frumpy and not at all flattering. We’ve seen much better on Kate.
I often find her choices when pregnant to be unflattering.

I loved the Duchess of Cambridge's look. Plaid/tartan is never out of style and the cut of the coat was not old fashioned.
I love plaids/tartans and they always remind me of two things-Winter holidays and my elementary/high school days.;)

The cut is flattering to her second trimester figure and IMO it is festive for Christmas.

She certainly had the glow of pregnancy on her lovely face, and her dimples looked especially fetching.

At first I thought Catherine's outfit was rather frumpy, but having looked at it again several times; I've decided that I like it. It's not my favourite of Catherine's Sandringham outfits but nevertheless, she still looks nice and the hat particularly looks very warm and snug.

Thanks Pranter for the pictures of Catherine. I loved them all except 2012 and the 1st is a favorite of mine as I just adore that hat, I have saved a picture of that hat only for everything about it is gorgeous. I also love the brown tweed on her, the length is perfect and I love those type of tweeds anyhow, and the plaids.....she does not miss a beat for me. This year's coat is beyond gorgeous, so well made, custom made I think for I checked the plaids out in all the pictures and they match up and even the pockets match up, sign of a great custom fit as I learned many years ago. :flowers:

It was nice to see her dip her toe into Miu Miu though. It's such an amazing brand and not one instantly associated with royal circles.

I like the coat, very festive and nice to be worn on such occasions (or at scottish events). The hat is very bad though.

Thanks Pranter for the pictures of Catherine. I loved them all except 2012 and the 1st is a favorite of mine as I just adore that hat, I have saved a picture of that hat only for everything about it is gorgeous. I also love the brown tweed on her, the length is perfect and I love those type of tweeds anyhow, and the plaids.....she does not miss a beat for me. This year's coat is beyond gorgeous, so well made, custom made I think for I checked the plaids out in all the pictures and they match up and even the pockets match up, sign of a great custom fit as I learned many years ago. :flowers:

In 2012, I think Kate was doing good to just be presentable and go to church on Christmas. :flowers: It was only a few weeks after they announced she was pregnant with George and she hadn't gotten over HG yet.

I really liked the outfit, the whole thing. I think that shape of hat is really lovely on her. I don't usually like fur hats, but that one is a really nice balance of comfy and chic, to my eye. I adore the plaid of that coat and that cut is one that always looks good on her. Perhaps it could have looked a touch better with another inch of length...but I don't feel like it was too short, either. I think she really hit the nail on the head for a Christmas day. For once, I think she could have taught her majesty some lessons (that orange? never, ever, ever on anyone could that ever work, and certainly not for CHRISTMAS!)

I love this coat. I’ve never been crazy about the fur hat, but it really goes nicely with this coat and its fur cuffs.

Beautiful coat :flowers: Perfect for a winter walk to church ?

But I hate her fur hats. This is the worst of the bunch. :sad:

The coat is cute but not the hat, and her hair looks awful. But from the neck down she looks good.

Okay, looks like there are not many who don't like it and I am one. I don't like the sheer weight of sequins and crystals and the unfinished wrists and hemline just look tacky. Had the hem finished where the lining did it would have looked great but it as it is it is a bit too long and just plain distracting.

Catherine has pulled off some really lovely maternity looks but this wasn't one of them. From what I saw on the video the styling was reminiscent of a shapeless sack and did nothing to flatter her figure, quite the opposite in fact. It also looked like it would be some kind of medieval torture to sit in it all evening.

Catherine's hair, unfortunately, was a total fail as instead of having her hair styled she went for the usual tumbled curls which, for a daytime engagement would have been terrific but for a grand and sparkling occasion like this she needed a "hairstyle" or an updo that didn't leave her endlessly trying to tuck it behind her ears, on the other hand, her makeup looked really nice and her earrings are, without doubt, a knockout. Loved her Jenny Packham Casa clutch and her Oscar de la Renta Cabrina scalloped court shoes are to die for.

Gawd I'm tired of the overuse of thr word updo. Despite that I agree that the blue sequins dress looked tacky and made it look like she was wearing a sparkly sack; no shape at all.

Last edited:
She looked nice in that coat. She has a thing for furry hats this winter.

I think Kate's hair would look great styled like this. Less curly, but more wavy

The coat is cute but not the hat, and her hair looks awful. But from the neck down she looks good.

Gawd I'm tired of the overuse of thr word updo. Despite that I agree that the blue sequins dress looked tacky and made it look like she was wearing a sparkly sack; no shape at all.
Is it the word "updo" itself or is it the notion of putting her hair up that you are tired of?

Last edited:
A nice surprise to see Catherine - I like her outfit. It's nothing exciting but still nice.

It's a beautiful coat. Very elegant look on her.

The coat is gorgeous on her, very elegant and chic. That is one of my favorite coats that she owns, the hat..........is it fur? Can we tell by pictures or maybe it is fake fur for some fake furs look real as I know that for sure.

I know flat ironed hair is the style but I love Kate's naturally curly hair. Hair straightening takes lots more time too.

The coat is gorgeous on her, very elegant and chic. That is one of my favorite coats that she owns, the hat..........is it fur? Can we tell by pictures or maybe it is fake fur for some fake furs look real as I know that for sure.

According to 'what kate wore' its alpaca.
https://whatkatewore.com/2018/01/07/kate-mixes-old-new-pieces-sandringham-church-service/
https://www.lacorine.co.uk/sumac---luxury-alpaca-fur-hat~86

Like the coat, which she wore Christmas 2014, the hat is old.

:previous:
Thank you Countessmeout for the info on the hat. Catherine looks nice in that hat yet I really love the dark brown one she wore earlier when checking out the site. That is one classy looking hat and would love it for my hat collection. Fur is not my cup of tea, yet I have a fake fur that is 15 years old and some people still to this day think it is real and it isn't. Just take care of it and keep it in a linen garment bag over the summer time and works all these years for me as it is the warmest coat I have......so I wear it when it is below freezing here.

Alpaca and Angora are lovely textiles that you can gather/use without harm to the animal so it's a great option for those who like natural materials.

So soft. Touching an Alpaca is like sinking your hands into a cloud.

LaRae

Alpaca and Angora are lovely textiles that you can gather/use without harm to the animal so it's a great option for those who like natural materials.

So soft. Touching an Alpaca is like sinking your hands into a cloud.

LaRae

Agreed, alpalca and angora are definitely humane (not harm to animal) and good options :flowers: I actually love angora.

I hate this hat, not because I don't like wearing fur, but because I just find it ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom