The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like this outfit at all. First of all, I always hate her boots and these ones are no exception. The coat itself is cute and she wears the colour well, IMO. But it's way too short, it was clearly much better when she wore it a few years ago with jeans. This coat is not to wear with only tights and boots, IMO. Specially when you're pregnant and you're belly tends to make it even "shorter" in the front. And the buttons being moved is way too clear, I would never leave home with my coat like that.

By bare knees I meant exposed to the elements due to the length of her coat, which is quite short, not that she isn't wearing hosiery. It's extremely obvious that she's wearing it.

Looks like I misunderstood your initial post, I thought you may have looked at a different picture. To me bare menas no tights thus my input.

I like the coat and the hat and I get the idea of moving the buttons to make it fit. She may want to use it later and move the buttons back. I like the boots and the tights as well.

I can't believe I'm spending my Saturday night trying to figure out if moving the buttons on the coat was a big deal or not. :ermm:

Home - ITNSource News

Check out the Cheltenham video at this website (current as of this date); at 2:35 into it, Kate points out the buttons on her coat to another woman, gesturing to show that they were moved. I don't think it's a big deal but, as a result, the coat did not overlap enough and looked ill-fitted. I do applaud her for being thrifty but there may have been other, better options in her closet.

She could have spilled coffee or something on the well fitted coat she meant to wear, and then had to do this in a hurry. She was wearing the hat from Switzerland, perhaps she meant to wear that coat as well.

She could have spilled coffee or something on the well fitted coat she meant to wear, and then had to do this in a hurry. She was wearing the hat from Switzerland, perhaps she meant to wear that coat as well.
She may have just realized that what fit last week won't fit now. Pregnancy sure has a way of reminding you that your body is no longer your own. ;)

All the coats I have seen her wearing, are fitted so tight, that I should wonder, if there is much more growing possible - and no wonder, they seem illfitted, when the buttons are moved; because that is just what happens.

I buy my coats to fit much loser - and find that more comfortable, as you can add a jumper or blazer unterneath, if need be.

Perhaps some sort of cape would be a better option, like the one she wore in the earliest stage of her pregnancy.

^^^A cape was exactly what I was thinking, like the one she wore several weeks ago in London.

Although I appreciate the need to wrap up warm,I think it would have been better if Kate had worn a lighter colour under that coat to relieve the dull looking neckline, or a colourful scarf/shawl. The dark tights didn't help - but it is very cold here at the moment for the middle of March.

Compare the coat last year to this. She is still in great shape - but look where the V neck hits last year and this. I give a lot of credit to whomever is helping with the alterations.

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gp/163877291.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QZBVmNT9Hv8zcPlfkAznCc12HaPY4n%2b10uhJICO6hYZZ

and http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gp/14...PJZP69KCAepWBoDXa+86PZiexLKE3M6jNTDbKzhtG0twA

Did anyone find a good close up of the hair? That was what shocked me most. It was almost empire period in it's complexity - yet to my eye, it did not look like it had been done in a salon (it looked more casually put together).

I think Her Royal Highness looked beautiful today. Pregnancy is very kind to her.

I loved the look last year, and my views have not changed. The green suits Catherine, and I love the hair style.

Last edited:
I love today's outfit. The coat looks really good and her hairstyle is lovely.

I totally get the recycling thing. But wearing the same thing over and over again???? Something brighter would've been nice. :eek:

I totally get the recycling thing. But wearing the same thing over and over again???? Something brighter would've been nice. :eek:

This is the 2nd time she has worn this coat. That isn't "over and over again".

She really gains weight !! I like her outfit , she looks Nice .

I thought she looked lovely ... love the hair up ... very pretty

This is the 2nd time she has worn this coat. That isn't "over and over again".

I hope she continues to wear this coat on St Patricks Day for many years to come.

I like the outfit in general, but I particularly like the hat and the up-do. A lovely look overall.

Front & Back View
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/03/17/article-0-18BBFF49000005DC-363_634x956.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/03/17/article-2294733-18BBF47F000005DC-793_308x464.jpg

I dont say it often but today Kate looked very good. Love the hat/hair combo. The coat is very fitting for the occasion.

I agree, she looked very good today. Green is a nice color for her. I like the fact that her hair was up with that hat but it looked a bit messy for my taste.

Looks like I misunderstood your initial post, I thought you may have looked at a different picture. To me bare menas no tights thus my input.

I understand; not a problem.:flowers:

I agree, she looked very good today. Green is a nice color for her. I like the fact that her hair was up with that hat but it looked a bit messy for my taste.

I liked the updo and the view from the back with the intricate coils was very pretty, but I thought the style protruded out quite a bit from the side view.

Last edited:
I´ve never been pregnant myself but I wonder if it is usual to alter your clothes. I think I would buy some maternity clothes and hope to suit in my old clothes afterwards, or isn´t this realistic?

I´ve never been pregnant myself but I wonder if it is usual to alter your clothes. I think I would buy some maternity clothes and hope to suit in my old clothes afterwards, or isn´t this realistic?

That's quite realistic, but not the case for everyone. Depending on the bump and how far along you are you can fit into old clothes easily.

I love the coat and the updo was lovely to see but I wish she hadn't recycled on this occasion and turtleneck dress wasn't the best choice.

She's probably at the stage in her pregnancy where she's not quite big enough for maternity clothes (and a tad too big for her pre-pregnancy clothes), so it makes sense to just alter instead of buying new ones at this point.

I've had friends that alter their pre-pregnany clothes and just buy maternity during the last few months when their bellies really pop. It's the better alternative to buying tons of clothes that one may never wear again.

Last edited:
She looks lovely in her St. Pat's outfit.

But isn't it time she wore shorter heels?

I don't see why she has to wear smaller heels. As long as she's comfortable, high heels aren't a problem. Plus she's only wearing them for a few hours, so it's not like she's standing in them for very long.

Ugh I hate when people assume to tell a pregnant woman what shoes to wear. If she can wear high heels and are comfortable in them then more power to her. It's not like she is horseback riding while holding a martini.

I wonder who did her hair, it looks really unique and pretty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom