Sarah, Duchess of York's Fashion and Style Part 3: October 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sarah attended the Global Citizen NOW: Climate Sessions 2023 at Guastavino's in New York City on September 21:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Jacket is a little on the small size and we are back to black now it’s Autumn. But at least the scarf and top are a refreshing bright colour.

Jacket is a little on the small size and we are back to black now it’s Autumn. But at least the scarf and top are a refreshing bright colour.

A little on the small size?

She looks like the button is about to pop off if she inhales!

Sarah at the V Foundation's 'Dinner with the Duchess' in San Francisco yesterday, October 27, wearing the same dress she had worn in Gothenburg last month:

** Full view ** Upper part **

It’s not a dress I’d wear myself but I sorta of like it. I can’t pinpoint what exactly is keeping me from loving it but I don’t think it’s bad

Sarah appeared at the 'Loose Women' TV show today, November 2, for the 'Don't Skip Your Screening' campaign - all in pink probably because of the pink ribbon that has ecome synonymous with breast cancer.

** Full view **

:previous:
Horrible; doesn't she own a mirror?

Sarah wearing a Alice and Olivia dress during a visit to a make-up artist in New York City:

** Upper part **

I’m noticing more how well her hair is groomed rather than the make up.

Photo taken in the same place as Princess Beatrice; they both look fantastic.

In my opinion, having worked for decades in Photoshop, it's not that, it's the makeup, and the lighting – 'glamour' makeup and lots of it. Might not look so great close up, but looks wonderful in these photos.

Last edited:
:previous: Have to agree. There is obviously some touch up, but it doesn't look that heavily photoshopped imho.

Several images of Sarah appear in the Instagram account of Clarissa Luna, "Celebrity Makeup & Beauty Brand PD Consultant", and I have to say, she does look very nice. Her hair and makeup are very well done and the lighting is excellent.

I don't think photoshop has been used, but some rather clever "tricks of the trade" have been applied! If you look carefully you can see a subtle use of filter has been applied to smooth out the cheeks, under-eyes and forehead area, but not ridiculously so. The flattering lighting and heavy makeup has also helped greatly.

It doesn't matter, we can all use a little bit of a lift now and then! :flowers:

Sarah attended the Wolseley City Inaugural VIP Dinner in London yesterday, November 7:

** Full view **

Yes, a nice colour and for once she’s not wearing something a size too small. Not too keen on the bodice, but it’s okay.

Gotta admire Sarah; she keeps on chugging on, doing things her own way, wearing clothes that she likes whether it's a hit or miss fashion-wise, and most importantly is a very loyal person who loves her family, and is loved by them.

Since this is a fashion and style thread, I personally don't like most of what she wears. This green top is ok, but ditch the belt, skirt and boots for something else. She's my age. She's not young and i think the bottom half of this outfit is too young for her. The wrong shape. And her hair I would like to see shoulder length, and a lighter softer shade of red. And much less makeup.

But then again, she wouldn't care what I think, and why should she? She's her own woman; good for her.

Is there a chance that the producers of "This Morning" put Sarah in that ensemble, just to generate comments and attention?

I rather don't think so, it looks like an outfit she would have chosen herself. The boots and skirt are a repeat, the green blouse is similar to choices she has made in the past.

Yesterday Sarah attended the launch of new book "The Witch's Daughter" by Imogen Edwards-Jones in London:

** Full view **

On November 29 she attended The Anti Slavery Collective's inaugural Winter Gala:

** Full view **

Last edited:
Interesting headdress, but the coat is a little too well fitting!

She always wears her clothes too tight.

Indeed! The coat was exceptionally snug however, her booties are really, really nice and the colour is gorgeous. Not too keen on the velvet headband thingie or the matching clutch.

I love all these pieces individually but not together. Hmm maybe not the headband. It looks ragged? I think the coat is too snug. I seriously want those booties though.

Why doesn't she buy her size ?

Most women of a certain age have clothes in a range of sizes. Sometimes we misjudge the size we currently look best in, and sometimes it is too late to change. Sarah wears and rewears some of her accessories and clothing; I think her clothing budget may be more modest than we would assume.

Most women of a certain age have clothes in a range of sizes. Sometimes we misjudge the size we currently look best in, and sometimes it is too late to change. Sarah wears and rewears some of her accessories and clothing; I think her clothing budget may be more modest than we would assume.

Fair point. But I am sure Sarah possesses a coat that fits her!

Back
Top Bottom