Princess Catharina-Amalia, Princess of Orange, Fashion & Style Part 1: December 2021-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like all 3 outfits she wore today. Very age appropriate. I love the colorful bag she used.

3 events in one day! wow!

The white trousers Amalia wore this morning are part of the wardrobe she wears in private. She wore them on her first day to university.

Looks like a pair of her mother's earrings and sadly they do nothing for the look , Princess Catharina-Amalia hairstyle is always nice when styled up.

Re-read my previous message. I NEVER said the Princess had to wear a dress to be formal.

However it is important for the Princess to understand where an invent falls on the formality spectrum. Some royal events require formal attire (hats included) and some can allow jeans or cargo pants. It is for the Princess to know and dress accordingly.

In aforementioned instance all the ladies present are formally dressed and wearing a hat. The Princess of Oranje should have followed suit.

She wasn't in jeans or cargo pants. She was in a suit. Suits are just as formal as her mother's dress was.

And for a day event, unless at something like Ascot or a formal church event, are not required. They are simply an accessory. One many royal women would not wear to such an event.

I hope my future Queen will learn how to dress up for events. Let us assume she is in a learning curve, this is her very first official trip.

(..) She has to find a style (..).. That will come ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope my future Queen will learn how to dress up for events. Let us assume she is in a learning curve, this is her very first official trip.

Lets hope she takes after her impeccably dressed and always well groomed regal grandmother.

I really like the green blouse/top on the Princess. She can wear a variety of colors easily.

She looks great and comfortable. And I'm glad she has a style of her own she's working on and not trying to be like her mom. Queen Maxima goes for a more age-appropriate formality, sometimes with questionable accessories for choices, but still representing her age well.
Amalia would probably go full glam at a gala event, but her day wear represents her generation style

Princess Catharina-Amalia today, February 1:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Oh my. While I loved the green blouse from yesterday, this flowered number is not a winner. It's a bit shapeless, certainly matronly, and really ages her. Far from being the bright, fun, age appropriate style from yesterday this reminds me of something my great-grandmother would have worn. And I really wanted to at least love the accessories but I just don't. The earrings don't match the look, the bag and earrings look odd together, especially when paired with sneakers. Just a really odd look all around and a definite no from me.

I don't know if its the print or design of the top and paired with those earrings it doesn't work.

Hairstyle is really lovely.

Hair is lovely and hopefully she realised the long dangling bits from yesterday are great when its windy. Rest of the outfit is matronly

She looked absoutely perfect yesterday and should have worn a similar outfit today.

I just cannot get on board with the lack of formality with some of her looks. For example, today her mother looks approximately dressed, there were ladies formally dressed as well, The King is in a suit, and Amalia is wearing sneakers.
I'm not a fan of the outfit but some flat loafers or ballet shoes would've been more appropriate.

She looked absoutely perfect yesterday and should have worn a similar outfit today.

I just cannot get on board with the lack of formality with some of her looks. For example, today her mother looks approximately dressed, there were ladies formally dressed as well, The King is in a suit, and Amalia is wearing sneakers.
I'm not a fan of the outfit but some flat loafers or ballet shoes would've been more appropriate.
She is about to board a marine ship for the rest of the day... So, these shoes seem quite appropriate for the task at hand. And I am quite sure that all her outfits have been approved by her mother, who is quite experienced after 21 years as a princess of the Netherlands.

In this case, she dressed very comparable to her mother; with her mother's shoes being slightly more formal and her hair being slightly more formal.

Last edited:
The sneakers didn't bother me. It seems like everyone wears them everywhere these days. (I recall seeing Queen Silvia of Sweden wearing them on an official museum visit a few months ago.)

The blouse and slacks were appropriate and looked comfortable, especially if she was going to be on the water all day. The top was OK.

She is about to board a marine ship for the rest of the day... So, these shoes seem quite appropriate for the task at hand. And I am quite sure that all her outfits have been approved by her mother, who is quite experienced after 21 years as a princess of the Netherlands.

In this case, she dressed very comparable to her mother; with her mother's shoes being slightly more formal and her hair being slightly more formal.
Actually she had a full schedule of events onboard the Holland. She didn't go on board to rest and relax. For example, there are meetings with the defense ministry.
The government officials present all wore appropriate attire and footwear. Amalia should have followed suit.

Princess Catharina-Amalia wardrobe is more Princess on holidays as opposed to Princess on an Official Visit and sadly more misses than hits.

The upstyled hair suits the Princess of Orange much better and my preference to the Charlie's Angel dangly look.

Those very wide pants do nothing for elegance. I have the idea she should avoid these.
I have noticed that Amalia keeps her legs covered, well covered.
Her sisters wear short dresses, she wears a long one. Everyone wears a formal cocktail dress, she wears formal trousers.
Why does she do so? We know the answer. The internet trolls would have a fieldday screaming outrage about her bare legs and their possible shape.
(..)
Do I think that she should hide herself? No, she should ignore what everyone says and wear what she feels comfortable in. Hang the trolls. (..)
She was not wearing baggy jeans, but perfectly fine formal trousers.

Now this is much, much better. This is a massive improvement on the previous look. It does appear from both the green blouse and now the red that Amalia might be on track to do bright colors just as well as her mother. This look is much more appropriate to both her age and the event. And her hair looks lovely. Well done!

The Princess looks very pretty in red. She can wear bold or soft colors well. I don’t think she is having a super good time though by a few of her ‘unsmiling faces’. I don’t blame her she would rather be with friends, in school, or just having her own fun. She still is a ‘trooper’ learning the ways of her Royal status. Proud of her.

:previous: really nice dress, possibly my favorite from the trip so far, with the green jacket (top?) from a few days ago :flowers:

:previous:

Lovely dress! It’s the LaDress by Simone dress she has worn when she was introduced to the Council of State in December 2021:

** Full view ** Upper part ** December 2021 **

This sort of dresses brings some elegance to her. Much better than those wide trousers.

Interesting that Princess Amalia always and ever holds a bag or a clutch. In the meantime she will have lots of those accessoires already.

The dress looks nice. It is not unflattering for her shape and she does not look like an old lady either. The best thing she has worn so far during this trip.

Back
Top Bottom